What is better, no guns, or more guns?

18-year-old pizza delivery driver shot at 7 times after driveway mix-up

“ASHLAND CITY, Tenn. (WTVF) - An 18-year-old pizza delivery driver in Tennessee was shot at multiple times while on the job after he accidentally parked in the wrong driveway.

Caiden Wheeler, an 18-year-old high school student, is still processing what happened to him Monday night in Ashland City. The Domino’s employee was on his first and only delivery of the night when he was shot at seven times after parking in the wrong driveway.”

”On the quiet, residential North Poole Street, most of the houses are only a few feet from each other. Wheeler accidentally parked at 114B instead of 118, which is next door. He dropped the pizza off at the correct house and got back in his truck.

Police say that’s when 32-year-old Ryan Babcock used a handgun to shoot the driver-side below the gas tank, the wheel on the driver-side and right above the driver-side window. Police recovered seven shell casings at the scene.“

Edited by ChiGoose

On 5/3/2024 at 1:14 PM, ChiGoose said:

18-year-old pizza delivery driver shot at 7 times after driveway mix-up

“ASHLAND CITY, Tenn. (WTVF) - An 18-year-old pizza delivery driver in Tennessee was shot at multiple times while on the job after he accidentally parked in the wrong driveway.

Caiden Wheeler, an 18-year-old high school student, is still processing what happened to him Monday night in Ashland City. The Domino’s employee was on his first and only delivery of the night when he was shot at seven times after parking in the wrong driveway.”

”On the quiet, residential North Poole Street, most of the houses are only a few feet from each other. Wheeler accidentally parked at 114B instead of 118, which is next door. He dropped the pizza off at the correct house and got back in his truck.

Police say that’s when 32-year-old Ryan Babcock used a handgun to shoot the driver-side below the gas tank, the wheel on the driver-side and right above the driver-side window. Police recovered seven shell casings at the scene.“

Goose you make a good point, this person should have his gun removed since he has shown an inability to use them properly. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Goose you make a good point, this person should have his gun removed since he has shown an inability to use them properly. 

It’s almost as if the availability of guns escalates negative interactions or disagreements into potentially lethal situations.

The kid would have been fine if this guy didn’t have a gun. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It’s almost as if the availability of guns escalates negative interactions or disagreements into potentially lethal situations.

The kid is fine he didn’t get hit. The guy should not own a gun

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

NZ does not allow guns but had a guy kill 6 people a few weeks ago, should we removed knives from people also? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

NZ does not allow guns but had a guy kill 6 people a few weeks ago, should we removed knives from people also? 

How often does one person kill 6 people in NZ vs the US?

11 hours ago, aristocrat said:

The kid is fine he didn’t get hit. The guy should not own a gun

I bet you’d just brush it off if someone shot at you 7-8 times. 

No big deal, right?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

As previously stated, if we simply got rid of Dem run areas we would have similar numbers as NZ. You can keep pretending the issue is something different but it is liberalism. 

Dear lord. You don’t honestly believe that do you?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Dear lord. You don’t honestly believe that do you?

Do I believe violence is an issue in America because of Dem run areas? Yes. As pointed out in a multitude of ways that in both macro and micro situations more guns has little to do with violence and murders, and a liberal is much more likely to use it. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Do I believe violence is an issue in America because of Dem run areas? Yes. As pointed out in a multitude of ways that in both macro and micro situations more guns has little to do with violence and murders, and a liberal is much more likely to use it. 

I would be clearer if you just said "black people".

• Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

The idea that liberals are the cause of violence is just objectively and provably false. 

If it were true, NYC would be the deadliest place in the country. The list of deadliest counties would be just counties from states like New York, California, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Hawaii. 

The fact that the list is made up almost entirely of municipalities from red states simply proves you wrong. 

It really just seems like you’ve decided that it’s all the fault of the Dems so you’re cherry picking evidence and ignoring anything to the contrary. 

The evidence just actually points to: more guns = more gun deaths. The fact that the deadliest places are the densest places in states with loose gun laws supports that and refutes your claim. 

14 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I would be clearer if you just said "black people".

I know you are a bigot but I live in an area that is less than 50% white and teach at a school that is less than 50% white but will likely still have the highest achievement levels in Orange County and top ten in all of Florida public high schools. I don't care about what you look like, I care what you believe. The students who never miss days and do homework are impressive across the board, those who choose  not to show up and don't do work fail. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

The idea that liberals are the cause of violence is just objectively and provably false. 

If it were true, NYC would be the deadliest place in the country. The list of deadliest counties would be just counties from states like New York, California, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Hawaii. 

The fact that the list is made up almost entirely of municipalities from red states simply proves you wrong. 

It really just seems like you’ve decided that it’s all the fault of the Dems so you’re cherry picking evidence and ignoring anything to the contrary. 

The evidence just actually points to: more guns = more gun deaths. The fact that the deadliest places are the densest places in states with loose gun laws supports that and refutes your claim. 

Every single local government with high crime is Dem controlled but I am "cherry picking". The biggest cause/correlation for a violent man is lack of father in his life and that is definitely something that is much larger issue in Dem areas then Republican areas. 

59 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Every single local government with high crime is Dem controlled but I am "cherry picking". The biggest cause/correlation for a violent man is lack of father in his life and that is definitely something that is much larger issue in Dem areas then Republican areas. 

If Dem control is what causes violence, how come NYC doesn’t lead the nation in homicides? Dem city in a Dem county in a Dem state. 

If you are correct, we would expect to see thousands of murders in NYC each year.

If you’re theory was correct, all of the most deadly places in the US would be Dem cities in Dem states. 

If, as reality shows, the deadliest places are in GOP states, then how could your theory possibly be correct?

What is it that makes GOP states so much more likely to have higher homicide rates in their more populous areas?

I can’t say I put a lot of stock in a theory that is disproven simply by the existence of NYC.

5 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

who’s doing the shooting? Specifically who?

10 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

If you want to make a point, make it.

If you want to play games, tag someone else. 

You’ve been tagged in the posts before look it up. Don’t play ignorant. Who’s doing the shooting? Which demographic in this country shoot people the most often?

9 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

You’ve been tagged in the posts before look it up. Don’t play ignorant. Who’s doing the shooting? Which demographic in this country shoot people the most often?

People with guns. 

Don’t be a coward. Just say what you’re thinking or shut up. 

12 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

People with guns. 

Don’t be a coward. Just say what you’re thinking or shut up. 

Why are you calling me names? You’ve been tagged in them before and I don’t think your memory is that bad. 

Update - even though I own many guns I still haven't shot anyone. I also own many knives and I've never stabbed anyone. I have sliced my fingers a few times on accident. Knives are dangerous and there should probably be mandatory background checks before purchasing!

11 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

If Dem control is what causes violence, how come NYC doesn’t lead the nation in homicides? Dem city in a Dem county in a Dem state. 

If you are correct, we would expect to see thousands of murders in NYC each year.

If you’re theory was correct, all of the most deadly places in the US would be Dem cities in Dem states. 

If, as reality shows, the deadliest places are in GOP states, then how could your theory possibly be correct?

What is it that makes GOP states so much more likely to have higher homicide rates in their more populous areas?

I can’t say I put a lot of stock in a theory that is disproven simply by the existence of NYC.

The guy who accused me of cherry picking data by pointing out the 90% is choosing one city to prove his point. I will give you credit that in your myopic nature you are a true Dem, solve one problem while creating a bunch more for others. Of course you don't care about the single mother with the abusive boyfriend so your solution works for what your myopic aim. 

19 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

The guy who accused me of cherry picking data by pointing out the 90% is choosing one city to prove his point. I will give you credit that in your myopic nature you are a true Dem, solve one problem while creating a bunch more for others. Of course you don't care about the single mother with the abusive boyfriend so your solution works for what your myopic aim. 

“Violence is caused by Dems, that’s why the deadliest counties in America are not in states controlled by Dems”

Buddy, it’s just an absolutely terrible argument.