What is better, no guns, or more guns?

21 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

my priority is universal health care.  It can be funded.  It is in almost every other 1st world nation...

Im glad youre willing to shift budget to get there. Perhaps weve arrived at a compromise.

26 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

You seem to be under the mistaken  impression that I believe that myth that our gun violence is driven by mental illness.

It’s not. It’s the ease of access to guns.  

I think the capacity to take an innocent life is mental illness.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ok what law stops mass shooting? 

None.

They are already laws in place.

and completely disarming the populace will never happen.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

banning semi automatic weapons would help reduce the number of deaths

You do realize that the vast majority of gun owners, do in fact, own semi-automatics, correct?

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Most likely a tiny population and quality mental healthcare available to everyone. You know, the thing that Republicans keep cutting? 

Your point that republican politicians suck is not news to me, the solution is often outside politicians hands and those that claim they can fix it usually are lying. The solution is multilayered but it starts by actually dealing with mental illness and putting criminals in jail. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

yes, why?  for what purpose do they need a gun that does dime in, cash register out?

Go for it.  

The Democratic Party would cease to exist. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

for what reason?  revolt against f16's?

Do you have any idea how many independents and moderate Dems… let alone left leaning Dems own semi-automatic handguns?

The issue would energize Republicans FAR more than Roe energized Dems, and you’d lose independents and moderate Dems who would not be, at all, interested in turning over the semi-automatic handguns they own to keep their families safe to the government.  

Please try this… as someone who wants the modern Dem Party to be completely eradicated in its ideology, DO IT. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Do you have any idea how many independents and moderate Dems… let alone left leaning Dems own semi-automatic handguns?

The issue would energize Republicans FAR more than Roe energized Dems, and you’d lose independents and moderate Dems who would not be, at all, interested in turning over the semi-automatic handguns they own to keep their families safe to the government.  

Please try this… as someone who wants the modern Dem Party to be completely eradicated in its ideology, DO IT. 

good luck with that....now the Republican party as it exists now is a totally different story.  30% dumb asses is not a winning coalition.

Edited by redtail hawk

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

good luck with that....now the Republican party as it exists now is a totally different story.  30% dumb asses is not a winning coalition.

I’ll take your random changing of the subject to mean you finally concede defeat in your nonsensical assertion that we should take away semi-automatic handguns from the hands of millions and millions of Americans across the entire political spectrum. 

Republicans do need to address who their constituency is.  

It should be focused on:

-White men

-White married women

-Hispanics

-Black men

-Asian/Indian populations 

Win white men at the overwhelming clip they currently do. 

Expand upon their majority clip on married white women. 

Pull even to, and then eventually win Hispanics.  Trends look good for R’s here. 

Eat away at the Dem lead with black men.  See, Brian Kemp vs Stacey Abrams in Georgia as a template. 

As Dems push ideas such as equity, reparations etc., focus on groups you should be winning, but aren’t due to tribalistic voting patterns.  Asians and Indians are successful, education focused groups.  They will not take kindly to the erasure of a merit based economy and/or educational system.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

banning semi automatic weapons would help reduce the number of deaths

ok… Why hasn’t your party pursued this? They had all three houses and failed to put anything in my on The table. 

What about at the state level… why not in the blue states at least? 

Why not have all of your brethren in the d party surrender all of your guns? I’d think that would lead to a meaningful crime reduction.  Even if those gun nut republicans don’t play along It’s more than half the country? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

They will not take kindly to the erasure of a merit based economy and/or educational system.

Who says that's what we want?  Not me, certainly.  Not many D's that I know (but of course, most were formerly R's)- there are many of us.  We don't take well to moronic wanna be dictators or their cult followers nor do we want any association with them.  They are an embarrassment to the country.  Sad state of affairs...

Edited by redtail hawk