What is better, no guns, or more guns?

On 3/30/2018 at 2:39 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'll just go ahead and wait for you to tell me whatever you're going to insist my position is, so we can just jump straight to the "Grant's strawman" portion of the discussion.

You keep insisting I'm only attacking "strawmen." If you'd like more individualized attention, why don't you go ahead & lay out your position, and differentiate it from whatever you think the "strawman" is that I'm focused on? You'll chirp that I'm "intellectually dishonest" to shift the blame while your debate strategy is on clear display: deflection & hiding.

If you think you're being misrepresented, Tasker, I encourage you: State your position clearly. You haven't done this yet. Just the same refrain of "I believe in Constitutional rights, 2A shall never be infringed, don't you get it???!" But when your Beckian bumper sticker logic is shown to be faulty and unreasonable, you deflect & hide until you can start the cycle from the top again. Do you have any idea for solution? Or just a pouty insist on "no no no"? 

Plainly: Are you unable to articulate your position?

Calling it — you can't & you won't.

On 3/30/2018 at 1:31 PM, DC Tom said:

With the same magic fairy dust you want to fund mass gun confiscation.

So your solution to funding "improved suicide prevention programs" (which you brought up) is "magic fairy dust."  You have no actual ideas, Tom, just weak rhetoric.

"Mass gun confiscation" is a confused way of wording "universal background checks." I know you struggle with definitions — do you need help with differentiating these two?

We need to arm ourselves so we can resist gov't tyranny! To arms!  Do not ask for whom the gov't oppresses, it oppress thee!  To arms! 

Will we even know what represents "governmental tyranny"... When it comes knocking?  We should probably arm ourselves against those doing the knocking. ??

Sounds like a plan... Working wonders in the African-American communities. <_< I hear those communities are armed to the teeth, except for that guy in his backyard. <_<

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

You know what will kind of shock you.  I hear where Ted is coming from.  Reading what he said in context, these children are causing their own problems and drama... Looking for others to help them, figure things out.  That's the last thing these children need: More "helicoptering", especially by the government!

I do too feel sorry for these poor children.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Gun laws are pretty strict in London right? Need to start regulating those shakers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5566689/London-murder-rate-overtakes-New-York-time-including-11-killings-just-16-days.html

People don't kill people, knives kill people!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/840634/Ban-kitchen-knives-pointed-doctor-deadly-knife-crime

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Guns just make killing efficient.  Why make killing efficient? 

It's kinder that way.

A blade can be efficient, properly used.  As much as a gun can be inefficient in the hands of a numbskull.

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's kinder that way.

A blade can be efficient, properly used.  As much as a gun can be inefficient in the hands of a numbskull.

France routinely used the guillotine well into the 1960s for political crimes.