What is better, no guns, or more guns?

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Just trying to get a better understanding of your position while also trying to arrive at root causes that may be actionable through policy. 

It’s very common for people to say “you’re a conservative so you believe X, Y, and Z” or “you’re a liberal so you believe A, B, C,” and I think that’s bad for discourse and understanding where people are actually coming from. I would rather let them tell me what they believe than for me to just assume it based on what bucket I’ve mentally sorted them into. 

Additionally, I find root cause analysis tools like the 5 Whys to be helpful at drilling down at what’s actually causing an issue. Helps to avoid just retreating to priors.

until you treat the cause of these people killing people with no regard we just keep spinning our wheels. You want to keep passing these laws but it doesn’t fix sociopaths. 

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

until you treat the cause of these people killing people with no regard we just keep spinning our wheels. You want to keep passing these laws but it doesn’t fix sociopaths. 

There’s actually a lot of ways to prevent these sociopaths from murdering people with guns. Side bonus: several of them also reduce suicides and accidental deaths:

On 4/23/2024 at 11:41 AM, ChiGoose said:

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Vomit 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2024 at 2:32 PM, B-Man said:

NYC Man Convicted Over Gunsmithing Hobby After Judge Says 2nd Amendment 'Doesn't Exist in This Courtroom'

By Jeff Charles

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2024/04/22/brooklyn-man-convicted-over-gun-hobby-by-biased-ny-court-could-be-facing-harsh-sentence-n2173162

Outrageous !

Notice how the system destroys the life of an innocent black man

for exercising his constitutional rights While the system ignores

violent criminals and puts them back on the street All by design

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

Dexter Taylor Gives Fiery Statement Before Judge Hands Down 10-Year Sentence for Gunsmithing Hobby

9f017b8e-d257-4639-8289-59daac6e5208-105

Brooklyn-based software engineer Dexter Taylor was sentenced on Monday to ten years in prison for building firearms in his own home. Last month, he was convicted on 13 counts related to his building and possessing rifles and pistols.

The 53-year-old New Yorker’s story has garnered increasing attention on digital, with many expressing outrage over his conviction and sentencing. Much of the anger involved Judge Abena Darkeh’s admonishment that the Second Amendment could not be mentioned by Taylor’s defense during the trial and the apparent bias shown by the court.

Just before his sentencing, Taylor was allowed to make a statement addressing the court.

The following comes from a transcript of the court proceedings. (at the link)

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2024/05/15/dexter-taylor-gives-fiery-statement-before-judge-hands-down-10-year-sentence-for-gunsmithing-hobby-n2174262

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Dexter Taylor Gives Fiery Statement Before Judge Hands Down 10-Year Sentence for Gunsmithing Hobby

9f017b8e-d257-4639-8289-59daac6e5208-105

Brooklyn-based software engineer Dexter Taylor was sentenced on Monday to ten years in prison for building firearms in his own home. Last month, he was convicted on 13 counts related to his building and possessing rifles and pistols.

The 53-year-old New Yorker’s story has garnered increasing attention on digital, with many expressing outrage over his conviction and sentencing. Much of the anger involved Judge Abena Darkeh’s admonishment that the Second Amendment could not be mentioned by Taylor’s defense during the trial and the apparent bias shown by the court.

Just before his sentencing, Taylor was allowed to make a statement addressing the court.

The following comes from a transcript of the court proceedings. (at the link)

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2024/05/15/dexter-taylor-gives-fiery-statement-before-judge-hands-down-10-year-sentence-for-gunsmithing-hobby-n2174262

This is super sad. This is a good man. Vote Trump so he can pardon him!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Yes more guns - we need more guns - we need to make gun manufactures rich AF at the expense of dead and mutilated Americans. 

Fkn death cult 

More lies.  What a mess.