Who is your favorite, underrated actor working today?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent start, cheers!

Thanks.

I know that McBride & Honsou are two completely different looking guys, but they are both quality actors.

Taylor Cole I can easily see fitting the bill as your second lead, and I think she just needs that one big break.

Sammy will always have a place in our writer's room if he wishes. I've been a fan of his material for years and lord knows the hack we have running it now needs some help. And from there, who knows? There could easily be a part for a talking gerbil in the show... it's that kind of show.

I have good news/realistic news, bad news, good news, no news, and weird news. In which order would you like these?

Edited by 4merper4mer

probably my favorite underrated character actor would be Lance Henricksen, but since he doesn't fit the bill, how about Avery Brooks?

I like Henricksen too. i also like a guy named Peter Stormare who I think is very underrated and Peter Sarsgaard who I have seen do some very good work along with having some bad roles.

Neither of those guys fit any of the characters described.

This is the moon one, and I really like Zhang, she might be good because she's so slight you would easily overlook her. Makes her character a bit more formidable. 50s can still work since the character is supposed to look younger than she really is so we can kind of get away with anyone in that 30-50s range...

Does Zhang's reputation for sleeping her way to the top give you pause for wanting to hire her?

Really?

I'm at the very bottom, Ms. Ziyi. You can start here.

Oh yes. She is hated by the public in China.

Zhang Ziyi is very beautiful, and she's used that for her own gain. She doesn't deny it. I think this mostly came out after she had been cast in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon".

So GreggyT, have you made any choices yet?

Coming down to the wire here... but honing in on some. Here were a few that have been recently brought up that I don't think were mentioned:

Malcolm Jamal Warner (dude can act and this is the kind of role that is so far from Cosby it could be great for him), Omari Hardwick, Mahershala Ali and a few that others have suggested for the lead.

Female lead I have: Gugu Mbatha-Raw leading the pack

The rest are still being sorted... but this has been helpful so any further ideas are always welcome!

Coming down to the wire here... but honing in on some. Here were a few that have been recently brought up that I don't think were mentioned:

Malcolm Jamal Warner (dude can act and this is the kind of role that is so far from Cosby it could be great for him), Omari Hardwick, Mahershala Ali and a few that others have suggested for the lead.

Female lead I have: Gugu Mbatha-Raw leading the pack

The rest are still being sorted... but this has been helpful so any further ideas are always welcome!

I've heard some good things about her.

I'd like to add someone to the argument. This is based solely on the title of being under rated. I don't know of he fits your roles.

William Fitchtner. Awesome. Love him in everything. And he's from Cheektowaga. Went to Maryvale and love the City of Buffalo and the area.

I'd like to add someone to the argument. This is based solely on the title of being under rated. I don't know of he fits your roles.

William Fitchtner. Awesome. Love him in everything. And he's from Cheektowaga. Went to Maryvale and love the City of Buffalo and the area.

Good choice. He was very good in "Invasion". Too bad that show got cancelled after one season.

Good choice. He was very good in "Invasion". Too bad that show got cancelled after one season.

I can't think of anything I haven't liked him in.

I couldn't stand "Invasion," though...had promise, but one of the worst-paced science fiction dramas I've ever seen. Still can't fault his performance (or Kari Matchett's - I see her on Covert Affairs, and still think of her as "that chick from Invasion.")

I can't think of anything I haven't liked him in.

I couldn't stand "Invasion," though...had promise, but one of the worst-paced science fiction dramas I've ever seen. Still can't fault his performance (or Kari Matchett's - I see her on Covert Affairs, and still think of her as "that chick from Invasion.")

It took awhile for "Invasion" to get going, but it did lead up to a very good ending.

Fitchtner's audio with John Murphy, the last 22' of the show.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/audio/The-John-Murphy-Show-June-20/6205ebff-1251-466b-823a-42a457bdaa62#watch