UB Bulls new turf

nucci

Best decision they have ever made focusing on the "New York" part of the University's name. Hopefully it becomes as synonymous with New York as Ohio State, Penn State, Nebraska, Michigan State, Kansas State, Florida State, NC State (well you get the picture) are for all of their states. Great move. It would be great to turn this into a legit program in a major conference in the coming decades.

Edited by Mark80

Best decision they have ever made focusing on the "New York" part of the University's name. Hopefully it becomes as synonymous with New York as Ohio State, Penn State, Nebraska, Michigan State, Kansas State, Florida State, NC State (well you get the picture) are for all of their states. Great move. It would be great to turn this into a legit program in a major conference in the coming decades.

It won't, though.

It is still Buffalo. They'll never get the money siphoned off from other parts of the state. It's NYC vs. every other part of the state.

It won't, though.

It is still Buffalo. They'll never get the money siphoned off from other parts of the state. It's NYC vs. every other part of the state.

Negative Nancy. Create a legit football program and that could generate hundreds of millions of dollars for the area. Major college football programs are just as (if not more) valuable than NFL franchises. Alumni (many of who live in NYC) would be thrilled to shed some dough on a legit program. NYC doesn't have a state school (or private school for that matter) that can have such a program. We are the focal point of the SUNY system, time to get some national recognition as the biggest state university in the 3rd most populated state. Time to knock off the 'Cuse as far as New York university athletics are concerned.

Or, we could just not do anything and keep crying about NYC this and NYC that. I prefer change.

Edited by Mark80

Negative Nancy. Create a legit football program and that could generate hundreds of millions of dollars for the area. Major college football programs are just as (if not more) valuable than NFL franchises. Alumni (many of who live in NYC) would be thrilled to shed some dough on a legit program.

Or, we could just not do anything and keep crying about NYC this and NYC that. I prefer change.

I'm not being negative in this case, just calling it like I see it.

I do not think the culture of NY politics would allow such a program to exist. Other then Syracuse basketball, there is no real powerhouse or even slightly above average sports programs in the state. Cuse football from time to time is good, but Buffalo is still in the MAC and while I love the MAC it just isn't the ACC, SEC, B10, etc.

I'm not being negative in this case, just calling it like I see it.

I do not think the culture of NY politics would allow such a program to exist. Other then Syracuse basketball, there is no real powerhouse or even slightly above average sports programs in the state. Cuse football from time to time is good, but Buffalo is still in the MAC and while I love the MAC it just isn't the ACC, SEC, B10, etc.

This is why there is an opportunity for UB. New York is a huge state. Big enough for more than one big time college program. I bet you didn't know UB football and basketball are broadcast in NYC? The largest number of UB alums are from the NY metro area.

Here's something else you probably never considered: UB is a member of the American Association of Universities. (Not the AAU you are familiar with.) Only a handful of schools have that prestigious honor. Only major research institutions are part of that AAU. Every Big 10 school is an AAU member. In fact you have to be an AAU member to belong to the Big 10. The Big 10 would love to have a school in NY State. UB is the only AAU school in the state.

Mind you UB has a ways to go before facility-wise it can be considered for any conference above the MAC right now. But the administration is thinking long term and big picture. This NYS branding is part of what is called the New York Bulls Initiative. (#NYBI) UB has a head start on every SUNY University Center in the area of D-1 athletics. They are using that lead to "grab the flag" so to speak to become THE New York State University.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This is why there is an opportunity for UB. New York is a huge state. Big enough for more than one big time college program. I bet you didn't know UB football and basketball are broadcast in NYC? The largest number of UB alums are from the NY metro area.

Here's something else you probably never considered: UB is a member of the American Association of Universities. (Not the AAU you are familiar with.) Only a handful of schools have that prestigious honor. Only major research institutions are part of that AAU. Every Big 10 school is an AAU member. In fact you have to be an AAU member to belong to the Big 10. The Big 10 would love to have a school in NY State. UB is the only AAU school in the state.

Mind you UB has a ways to go before facility-wise it can be considered for any conference above the MAC right now. But the administration is thinking long term and big picture. This NYS branding is part of what is called the New York Bulls Initiative. (#NYBI) UB has a head start on every SUNY University Center in the area of D-1 athletics. They are using that lead to "grab the flag" so to speak to become THE New York State University.

PTR

Exactly!

As a SUNY alumnus and former employee at a number of well known D-1 schools, I'd rather SUNY not get bogged down in all the BS associated with big-time college athletics. The corruption of the NCAA rivals only that of FIFA and the IOC.

They should have at least put the Bulls logo on the field somewhere. And the city name of Buffalo should be a little bigger.

In place of the two UB logo's would have been perfect I think. Buffalo size is just right to me. And I just noticed the silhouette of the state in the background, didn't notice that at first.

In place of the two UB logo's would have been perfect I think. Buffalo size is just right to me. And I just noticed the silhouette of the state in the background, didn't notice that at first.

The interlocking "UB" is the logo, not the snorting bull.

The interlocking "UB" is the logo, not the snorting bull.

I guess, if you want to be a perfectionist. But we all know that they are both basically logos. Let's not be nit-picky on something so small. Curious though, what would you call it?

So, to summarize (combine?) 2 threads...

"New York Bulls"...good.

"New York Bills"....bad.

Since UB is the State University of New York, the answer is...DUH. What's your point? Was there a "NY Bills" campaign I wasn't aware of??

I guess, if you want to be a perfectionist. But we all know that they are both basically logos. Let's not be nit-picky on something so small. Curious though, what would you call it?

Sorry if I came off that way. I just meant the school is pushing the interlocking UB and downplaying the snorting bull logo, but not completely eliminating it. I think they are slowing moving to using the state outline "NEW YORK" as the eventual logo. They have to go slow because people here get butthurt over any perceived slight.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sorry if I came off that way. I just meant the school is pushing the interlocking UB and downplaying the snorting bull logo, but not completely eliminating it. I think they are slowing moving to using the state outline "NEW YORK" as the eventual logo. They have to go slow because people here get butthurt over any perceived slight.

I get your point. Many colleges use two different logos, one for the helmet and one for all around use.

The UB logo is what is on the helmet.

The blue bull logo is the general logo.

Do people assume Cal is in L.A? Michigan is in Detroit? Georgia is in Atlanta?

Exactly again! Not sure what's so hard for peeps to understand about this. There are basically NO main public universities in the state's largest cities.

Illinois, Penn State, Florida State, Florida, Texas, Oregon, Wisconsin, Kansas, Mizzou...on and on and on. I sometimes feel that the people who are obsessed with NYC are just the other New Yorkers!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/University-at-Buffalo-Bulls-Football-tickets/artist/1258777?tm_link=seo_bc_name&source=nletter-

UB football tickets going on sale with seats as low as $10. (Except the Baylor game, seats start at $25...yes BAYLOR in BUFFALO! So if UB is too small time for you, you can see a "real" college team in Baylor)

PTR

6 games on national TV this season.

http://www.ubbullrun...vision-schedule

Date Opponent Time Television

Sat, Sept 6 @ Army 12:00 PM CBS SN

Fri, Sept 12 vs Baylor 8:30 PM ESPN

Wed, Nov 5 @ Ohio 8:00 PM ESPN2/U

Tue, Nov 11 vs Akron 8:00 PM ESPN2/U

Wed, Nov 19 vs Kent State 8:00 PM ESPN2/U

Fri, Nov 28 @ Massachusetts TBD ESPNU/3

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 games on national TV this season.

http://www.ubbullrun...vision-schedule

Date Opponent Time Television

Sat, Sept 6 @ Army 12:00 PM CBS SN

Fri, Sept 12 vs Baylor 8:30 PM ESPN

Wed, Nov 5 @ Ohio 8:00 PM ESPN2/U

Tue, Nov 11 vs Akron 8:00 PM ESPN2/U

Wed, Nov 19 vs Kent State 8:00 PM ESPN2/U

Fri, Nov 28 @ Massachusetts TBD ESPNU/3

Wow, Baylor actually travels to UB? That's cool.

Wow, Baylor actually travels to UB? That's cool.

They had a 1-and-1 set up and played at Baylor last season.

Also UB basketball plays at Kentucky and Wisconsin this year. Two Final Four teams.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

i thought the B-Ball court already had it, and was a controversy last year?

People will complain about anything. Go to UBfan.com and there's a guy (BuffaloSuperFan) who writes a novel over anything he feels is slight against the city, even if it isn't. According to him Bobby Hurley and Danny White are "destroying the school."

They had a 1-and-1 set up and played at Baylor last season.

Also UB basketball plays at Kentucky and Wisconsin this year. Two Final Four teams.

Wow, that'll get the university some money.

I just read that it'll be Michigan Vs. Syracuse in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge.