Israel supporters=idiots

3rd is a smart guy with a lot of opinions, that's why I find it odd that he refuses to answer the question. Does Israel benefit from a true peace with the Palestinians and why?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The same could be said about the Israelis. The only difference is one group is actually doing it slowly but surely. Just look at the maps of the area since '48. It'll tell you everything you need to know about that. The proof is there.

Palestinians in Gaza catch a lot of heat for voting in Hamas and rightly so, but the Israeli people did the same thing by making a known hawk who's against a two state solution their prime minister.

Hamas needs to be made irrelevant. Promise the Palestinian people no settlements and no blockade if and only if Hamas gets overthrown and you will see another intifada, only this time it will be aimed at Hamas, not Israel.

Well they did assassinate the one guy (Rabin) that was willing to do so.

And Egypt assasinated a guy who wanted to as well. People who take risks sometimes get assasinated.

And Egypt assasinated a guy who wanted to as well. People who take risks sometimes get assasinated.

And your point is? Israel is well known for their security. How in the world did that assassination even happen? It was an inside job, you better believe that. Ever since then there hasn't been a legitimate peace talking partner. At least Egypt proved they wanted peace by proceeding with peace talks with Israel.

3rd is a smart guy with a lot of opinions, that's why I find it odd that he refuses to answer the question. Does Israel benefit from a true peace with the Palestinians and why?

I haven't refused to answer any questions. Everyone benefits from peaceful relations. Nobody wants to be constantly looking over their shoulders.

Care to elaborate?

it seemed like a simple, direct question, so I offered a simple, direct answer. if I was to elaborate, then I'd go so far as to say that for a 'real and genuine' peace to ever happen, the Palestinians need to replace their majority in power to people who's purpose is other than to humiliate the Israelis before wiping them out altogether. if I was the leader of a nation under a similar threat, I would be much more heavy-handed in my treatment of the enemy.

And this is why this will go on into infinity. One does not try to get their way when they have the weaker hand.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/08/08/in_gaza_the_war_is_far_from_over_hamas_israel

GAZA CITY — Hopes that the Gaza war was on its way to a resolution had a cruel collision with reality at 8 a.m. this morning. At the very moment a 72-hour cease-fire expired, a barrage of rockets arced out of Gaza toward southern Israel. Most of them slammed down into empty fields; one was intercepted by Israel's Iron Dome defense system. The Israeli retaliation, meanwhile, resulted in the death of a child and the injury of more than a dozen others throughout the day.

From the outside looking in, this turn of events seems nonsensical. Why can't the two sides reach a compromise? Why wouldn't Hamas agree to an extension of the cease-fire, when its civilians and infrastructure are bearing the lion's share of the damage?

And then you come to Gaza. The horror stories seek you out: The man living in a crowded United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) refugee camp who hasn't had the money to repair his house since it was damaged in the 2012 war; the 7-year-old girl who interrupts an interview to interject that her father has been killed; the exhausted general manager of Shifa Hospital, who spoke mournfully about how his staff was performing surgeries in waiting rooms because all of the operating rooms were full.

These people all said that this war was easily the worst of the three conflicts with Israel since Hamas took over the Gaza Strip in 2007. And all of them maintained that Hamas should continue striking Israel until its demands are met.

For these Gazans, the roots of their support for Hamas lie in the fact that they simply have so little left to lose. Sitting in his office in Gaza City, Raji Sourani, the director of the Palestinian Center for Human Rights, ticks off the statistics showing how impoverished this tiny territory was even before the war: 50 percent unemployment, 80 percent of households below the poverty line, and 90 percent dependence on international organizations that provide food and aid.

"We have become a nation of beggars. That's not us -- we are a people with dignity and with pride," he said.

"We have become a nation of beggars. That's not us -- we are a people with dignity and with pride," he said. "If you want to have isolation from the outside world, bombing, [and] destruction ... that means you want to create extremism. Chapeau [respect] for Hamas that we don't have either [the Islamic State] or al Qaeda. It's a miracle."

In Cairo, Jerusalem, and even Ramallah, the idea that this war could fatally weaken Hamas appears to be taken seriously. Inside of Gaza, Sourani and others interviewed predicted that it would only make the Palestinian Islamist movement stronger.

"They are strong now, because people really appreciate them," Sourani said. "I think for the last four or five years, Hamas is the uncontested political power in the occupied territories.... In Gaza, they are monopolizing the political scene."

The fighters, too, believe they have the wind at their back.

Abu Ziad, a man in his 30s with a bushy, black beard typical of hard-line Salafists, shifts his cellphone between his hands mechanically as he speaks. He explains that the organization he represents, the Mujahideen Brigades, a small hard-line faction allied with Hamas, did not speak with foreigners for a long time, but recently decided to change its policy in order to explain their cause to the world. The group, he said pointedly, was one of the four "resistance factions" currently waging war against Israel, along with Hamas's al-Qassam Brigades, Islamic Jihad, and the Nasser Salaheddin Brigades -- a list that pointedly excluded Fatah's military faction.

The Palestinian armed factions, Abu Ziad said, were currently "living through a historical change." They were becoming more deadly: Smuggling more weapons into Gaza, constructing more tunnels under enemy lines, and firing bigger rockets further into Israel than ever before.

"The resistance doesn't have anything to lose," he said. "We will not raise the white flag. We will continue until we liberate Gaza, and break the siege."

The world, simply put, looks different from Gaza. And for that reason, this war is far from over.

There appears to be some "idiots" on all sides NJ

_j0GBTQp_normal.pngKenneth Roth @KenRoth

Young men over-represented among Gaza dead: unclear if Hamas won't acknowledge fighters or Israel targets young men.

http://trib.al/UkKu8z4

Unclear ?

Ken Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch, isn’t certain why young men seem to be “over-represented” among the dead in Gaza.

Unreal, Gaza cease fire means open fire on West Bank kids ...

Palestinian, 11, Killed by Israeli Fire in West Bank: Medics

"We don't know what they (the Israelis) were doing," said Yussef al-Anati, crying, his shirt soaked in blood after carrying his nephew to hospital.

"Khalil was playing in front of the house, then we heard gunfire. The kid was screaming and fell down," he said. "He was shot in the back and the bullet exited through his stomach."

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/palestinian-11-killed-by-israeli-fire-in-west-bank-medics-573707

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Unreal, Gaza cease means open fire on West Bank kids ...

Palestinian, 11, Killed by Israeli Fire in West Bank: Medics

"We don't know what they (the Israelis) were doing," said Yussef al-Anati, crying, his shirt soaked in blood after carrying his nephew to hospital.

"Khalil was playing in front of the house, then we heard gunfire. The kid was screaming and fell down," he said. "He was shot in the back and the bullet exited through his stomach."

http://www.ndtv.com/...k-medics-573707

It's a shame that the Palestinian "government," Hamas, not only doesn't reflect the will of the people, but values their lives so little as to use them as human shields. I can answer Yussef's question: Israel is defending itself from your leaders; you and your family have become pawns of little value to your government.

It's a shame that the Palestinian "government," Hamas, not only doesn't reflect the will of the people, but values their lives so little as to use them as human shields. I can answer Yussef's question: Israel is defending itself from your leaders; you and your family have become pawns of little value to your government.

This was in the West Bank, not in Gaza.

• 2 weeks later...