Israel supporters=idiots

Hey Gatorman, can you explain to us in your own words what the underlying issues are? Obviously you know what they are or you couldn't make the judgement regarding your friends' knowledge.

Isreal took land and all these wars are about them defending their conquest and the other side not recognizing those conquests

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isreal took land and all these wars are about them defending their conquest and the other side not recognizing those conquests

So, Israel is sticking up for itself and "the other side" is delusional? Why is Gaza such a trouble spot?

I'm still trying to stop laughing at Chomsky being "the most brilliant academic..."

Your dossier:

"I align myself with the most stupid people on a sports message board and call everyone else idiots"

His:

"Chomsky has been a highly influential academic figure throughout his career, and was cited within the field of Arts and Humanities more often than any other living scholar between 1980 and 1992. He was also the eighth most cited scholar overall within the Arts and Humanities Citation Index during the same period.[30][31][32][33] His work has influenced fields such as artificial intelligence, cognitive science, computer science, logic, mathematics, music theory and analysis, political science, programming language theory and psychology."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noam_Chomsky

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

His:

"Chomsky has been a highly influential academic figure throughout his career, and was cited within the field of Arts and Humanities more often than any other living scholar between 1980 and 1992. He was also the eighth most cited scholar overall within the Arts and Humanities Citation Index during the same period.[30][31][32][33] His work has influenced fields such as artificial intelligence, cognitive science, computer science, logic, mathematics, music theory and analysis, political science, programming language theory and psychology."

http://en.m.wikipedi...ki/Noam_Chomsky

It's his status in Acedemia which reduces his credibility. In the real world where things get done, professors and scholars don't have the same influence as those who have actually accomplished things.

Edited by keepthefaith

Joe,

I am not sure how long ago your "discovery" of your new crush began.

but I can assure you that all of the older posters on the board like myself, as well as the more well-read 20 - 30 year old posters, are more than aware of who Noah Chomsky is and who he has "influenced"

I certainly don't need to see his Wikipedia page as "evidence"

Edited by B-Man

It's his status in Acedemia which reduces his credibility. In the real world where things get done, professors and scholars don't have the same influence as those who have actually accomplished things.

No, it's his status as a loon that reduces his credibility.

One gets the feeling that JtSP has never read anything about Chomsky beyond the wikipedia page he cut-and-pasted that paragraph from. :rolleyes:

Joe,

I am not sure how long ago your "discovery" of your new crush began.

but I can assure you that all of the older posters on the board like myself, as well as the more well-read 20 - 30 year old posters, are more than aware of who Noah Chomsky is and who he has "influenced"

I certainly don't need to see his Wikipedia page as "evidence"

you might want to check the spelling of his first name on that wiki page.

jt6p - any reference to any academic as an appeal to authority is wasted here. the cons here have no idea that pure (as opposed to applied) science, effects much of their everyday 'modern" lives. schrodinger and einstein were just some egghead professors with no connection to real life

Edited by birdog1960

you might want to check the spelling of his first name on that wiki page.

jt6p - any reference to any academic as an appeal to authority is wasted here. the cons here have no idea that pure (as opposed to applied) science, effects much of their everyday 'modern" lives. schrodinger and einstein were just some egghead professors with no connection to real life

LOL..............

Oh no, I mistyped his name, my whole point is forfeit...............lol

fortunately, bd used effects instead of affects...................so I can ignore his response..............lol

Affect can also be used as a verb. Use it when trying to describe influencing someone or something rather than causing it.

LOL..............

Oh no, I mistyped his name, my whole point is forfeit...............lol

fortunately, bd used effects instead of affects...................so I can ignore his response..............lol

i wasn't claiming to be an expert on grammar...strunk and white are my friends when i need them..but they're academics.

oh, and btw, see "effect as a verb" in the second instance here. http://web.ku.edu/~edit/affect.html

Edited by birdog1960

No, it's his status as a loon that reduces his credibility.

One gets the feeling that JtSP has never read anything about Chomsky beyond the wikipedia page he cut-and-pasted that paragraph from. :rolleyes:

The only thing wrong with Chomsky is he's a little too far right on the political spectrum for my tastes.

i'm thinking watson and crick's first molecular biology class (before they discovered the field) was just as funny...rodney could have taught them a thing or 2! and the film class during which this producer learned about feeding everyman popular myths, that was hysterical, too.

Communism works in college classrooms. It doesn't work in North Korea. You can go to a trillion classes and it still won't work.

Communism works in college classrooms. It doesn't work in North Korea. You can go to a trillion classes and it still won't work.

So what you are saying is we have to turn the whole world into a college classroom and people like you who can't get with the program will have to be sent to special remedial schools.

The only thing wrong with Chomsky is he's a little too far right on the political spectrum for my tastes.

Well his view on getting rid of the state, how it puts authority in the hands of a powerful few, and spreads propaganda is quite libertarian, so I can see that. One of his co-authored books "Manufacturing Consent" is a classic on how the media aligns itself with the agenda of the state in misleading the people. You can see that phenomenon here with how the board's dopes who cant think for themselves fall right in line with "Israel = good, Syria, Iran & Russia = bad, support of uprisings in places like Libya and Egypt was for the "Arab Spring". A specific horrific example was the bogus Iraq WMD claim

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Well his view on getting rid of the state, how it puts authority in the hands of a powerful few, and spreads propaganda is quite libertarian, so I can see that. One of his co-authored books "Manufacturing Consent" is a classic on how the media aligns itself with the agenda of the state in misleading the people. You can see that phenomenon here with how the board's dopes who cant think for themselves fall right in line with "Israel = good, Syria, Iran & Russia = bad, support of uprisings in places like Libya and Egypt was for the "Arab Spring". A specific horrific example was the bogus Iraq WMD claim

So, anyone who disagrees with you has an opinion that falls right in line with the agenda of "the state"?

you remove the academics and you're playing checkers under kerosene lights rather than posting about communism at college.