Israel supporters=idiots

Legitimizing Hamas’s War Criminality :Our secretary of state has alienated both Israel and our moderate Arab partners.

By Charles Krauthammer

John Kerry is upset by heavy criticism from Israelis — left, right and center — of his recent ceasefire diplomacy. But that’s only half the story. More significant is the consternation of America’s Arab partners, starting with the president of the Palestinian Authority. Mahmoud Abbas was stunned that Kerry would fly off to Paris to negotiate with Hamas allies Qatar and Turkey in talks that excluded the PA and Egypt.

The talks also undermined Egypt’s ceasefire proposal, which Israel had accepted and Hamas rejected. “Kerry tried through his latest plan to destroy the Egyptian bid,” charged a senior Palestinian official quoted in the Arab daily Asharq Al-Awsat — a peace plan that the PA itself had supported.

It gets worse. Kerry did not just trample an Egyptian initiative. It was backed by the entire Arab League and specifically praised by Saudi Arabia. With the exception of Qatar — more a bank than a country — the Arabs are unanimous in wanting to see Hamas weakened, if not overthrown. The ceasefire-in-place they backed would have denied Hamas any reward for starting this war, while what Kerry brought back from Paris granted practically all of its demands.

Which is what provoked the severe criticism Kerry received at home, including from (among others) the scrupulously independent columnist David Ignatius, who called Kerry’s intervention a blunder.

Kerry seems oblivious to the strategic reality that Hamas launched its rockets in the hope not of defeating Israel but of ending its intra-Arab isolation (which it brilliantly achieves in the Qatar-Turkey peace proposal). Hamas’s radicalism has alienated nearly all of its Arab neighbors

bullet_blue.gifEgypt cut it off — indeed blockaded Gaza — because of Hamas’s support for the Muslim Brotherhood and terror attacks on Egyptian soldiers in Sinai.

bullet_blue.gif Fatah, the main element of the Palestinian Authority, is a bitter enemy, particularly since its Gaza members were terrorized, kneecapped, expelled and/or killed when Hamas seized Gaza in a 2007 coup.

bullet_blue.gifHamas is non grata in Syria, where it had been previously headquartered, for supporting the anti-government rebels.

bullet_blue.gifHamas is deeply opposed by Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the Gulf states who see it, correctly, as yet another branch of the Islamist movement that threatens relatively moderate pro-Western Arab states.

More at the link:

Plus:

NYT's Kirkpatrick Bizarrely Suggests Lack of Support for Hamas by Arab Nations Bad News for Peace

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/#ixzz399Eqbv3R

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More at the link:

Plus:

NYT's Kirkpatrick Bizarrely Suggests Lack of Support for Hamas by Arab Nations Bad News for Peace

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/#ixzz399Eqbv3R

This administration, and all its hacks are an ABJECT EMBARRASSMENT to any American with a brain.

They're like a clown car stuffed with jokers. Just terrible.

So that made him a "brilliant forecaster of the fate of nations", as Joe so emphatically stated?

I knew if we pulled out of Iraq, it was finished. I predict that Israel will exist in 10 years. Say what you want about FireChan, but he may be the most brilliant forecaster of the fate of nations.

Of course, no one "feels" good about loss of life. It's time to face the causes of repeated truce failures.

72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes

On Thursday afternoon, Secretary of State John Kerry and U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon announced that both Israel and Hamas had agreed to a 72-hour “unconditional humanitarian ceasefire.” Three days of peace would allow aid workers to provide food and medical assistance to those in need. The quiet would also create desperately needed political space to make the temporary truce stick.

But the truce did not last for more than 90 minutes after it went into effect on Friday morning before Israel alleged that Hamas militants used a tunnel near Rafah to kill two IDF soldiers and capture a third. Both sides immediately began exchanging mortar and rockets, indicating that the tense ceasefire, which lasted just one and a half hours, was over.

{snip}

Hamas has lost legitimacy with nearly every Arab state. It is the thorn in the side of the West Bank-based Palestinian Authority. The terror group is a pariah in the world.

Its last remaining legitimacy is derived from a Western media culture and the moral equivalencies it constructs in order to maintain the fiction that Israel is as culpable for the present hostilities as are the terrorists in Gaza.

Plus: A TALE OF TWO HOSPITALS.

Edited by B-Man

2 realities here:

1. No one on this board really knows who or what is to blame for the renewed violence ... one, the other, both, miscommunication, etc...

2. Its a tragically sad situation

That not true at all. You know, don't you, Joe. It's those damn dirty Jews again, isn't it?

2 realities here:

1. No one on this board really knows who or what is to blame for the renewed violence ... one, the other, both, miscommunication, etc...

2. Its a tragically sad situation

Damn, are you dense. Hamas doesn't want a truce without it being totally on their terms. They are under the impression that the rallies seen in other countries supporting them actually means that they are viewed as the victim here. Their Arab neighbors and most of the world know better.

Damn, are you dense. Hamas doesn't want a truce without it being totally on their terms. They are under the impression that the rallies seen in other countries supporting them actually means that they are viewed as the victim here. Their Arab neighbors and most of the world know better.

"Free Palestine! Wooooooo! This is fun Jimmy! It reminds me of that time a few years ago we illegally camped in the park to protest....um....um....wait, what was that for again?"

That not true at all. You know, don't you, Joe. It's those damn dirty Jews again, isn't it?

I'm throwing a penalty flag! You can't accuse him of hating Jews when you said you just want to drive all the Pals into the sea. Haters can't accuse haters

Of course, no one "feels" good about loss of life. It's time to face the causes of repeated truce failures.

Plus: A TALE OF TWO HOSPITALS.

From your link. See who JTSP sides with:

Hamas, which controls Gaza, is using the civilian population as human shields. The terrorist group has placed its missiles in schools and mosques and, even more deplorably, burrowed its command center underneath the al-Shifa hospital.

Hamas‘ activities are taking place in plain sight. Just two weeks ago, The Washington Post described al-Shifa as “a de facto headquarters for Hamas leaders.” These terrorist facilities are of course well known not only to the foreign journalists who interview Hamas fighters there, but also to the Israelis, who would by necessity consider such a location a legitimate target for any action against Hamas. However, the terrorist group has tried to immunize their headquarters by digging it under a hospital, leaving Israel no option but to target al-Shifa if they want to get rid of the Hamas terrorist leadership.

Hamas sees no downside in this arrangement. Knowing that Israel prioritizes protecting civilians, the terrorists can be reasonably confident that al-Shifa will not be targeted, and they can continue their murderous activities undisturbed. If the Israelis finally decide that these activities are intolerable and that to destroy Hamas they must target their headquarters, Hamas will have pictures of the quintessentially innocent martyrs — hospital patients unable to flee — to plaster across international media in their ongoing propaganda war to demonize the Jewish state.

The medical care and even survival of the Gazan people are of no concern to these terrorists, for whom casualties are not an unintended consequence of war, but rather a deliberate objective. Like the rest of the population stationed around the many civilian institutions militarized by Hamas, they must either make do with a substandard medical facility being exploited by a terrorist organization, or die in the service of that organization’s savage campaign to destroy Israel.

Meanwhile in Israel, Ziv is a center for pediatric and orthopedic medicine. Given its proximity to Israel’s borders with Lebanon and Syria, Ziv has seen its share of violence, but despite taking direct rocket fire during the 2006 Lebanon war, it has remained in continuous operation.

During the past three years of the Syrian civil war, Ziv has treated more than 1,000 Syrians injured in that conflict — all free of charge.

Read more: http://www.washingto.../#ixzz39AIfAPXS

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I'm throwing a penalty flag! You can't accuse him of hating Jews when you said you just want to drive all the Pals into the sea. Haters can't accuse haters

You should go back and read what TYTT actually said.

Edited by 3rdnlng

But TYTT doesn't want the Pal's driven because they're Pal's, only because they refuse to stand against Hamas. Meanwhile, Joe can barely keep his antisemitism under wraps in his posts.

But TYTT doesn't want the Pal's driven because they're Pal's, only because they refuse to stand against Hamas. Meanwhile, Joe can barely keep his antisemitism under wraps in his posts.

But, but Joe is so distraught over the IDF boys who lost their lives!

That's not what I said at all. Actually read what I wrote, rather than rushing to your confirmation biases, and you might come away with conceptual understanding for a change.

I said that I am a believer in total war once war is waged against you, or is an inevitablity. As a function of that, I believe that once a nation is at war, their only concern should be the complete eradication or total surrender of the enemy. There is no merit to a proportional response, or fighing down to your enemy's capabilities. You fight your war in such a way that the world shudders at your intent to maximize harm, and decides, in turn, that they should never act aggressively towards you. The indescriminate force you unleash should overwhelm you enemies, and send them immediately to their knees, in the way of Hirohito. It is the only moral action of a nation at war in defense of it's people, land, and treasure.

This is the situation Israel finds itself in. It has been fighting an ongoing war, in which it was not the aggressor, with the Palestinian people (and other actors) since 1948. These enemies have vowed Israel's destruction, and refuse to acknowledge it's right to even exist.

Israel must act accordingly.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

That's not what I said at all. Actually read what I wrote, rather than rushing to your confirmation biases, and you might come away with conceptual understanding for a change. said that I am a believer in total war once war is waged against you, or is an inevitablity. As a function of that, I believe that once a nation is at war, their only concern should be the complete eradication or total surrender of the enemy. There is no merit to a proportional response, or fighing down to your enemy's capabilities. You fight your war in such a way that the world shudders at your intent to maximize harm, and decides, in turn, that they should never act aggressively towards you. The indescriminate force you unleash should overwhelm you enemies, and send them immediately to their knees, in the way of Hirohito. It is the only moral action of a nation at war in defense of it's people, land, and treasure.This is the situation Israel finds itself in. It has been fighting an ongoing war, in which it was not the aggressor, with the Palestinian people (and other actors) since 1948. These enemies have vowed Israel's destruction, and refuse to acknowledge it's right to even exist.Israel must act accordingly.

Thanks, the only thing I would disagree about is that the Pals could legimatly make the same damn argument. The idea that Israel is a poor little victim in all this is a joke. But they have the money and influence.

Thanks, the only thing I would disagree about is that the Pals could legimatly make the same damn argument. The idea that Israel is a poor little victim in all this is a joke. But they have the money and influence.

It has nothing to do with being a victim. It has shown restraint since it could do much more.

That's when Mr "objective philosopher" lost all credibility and I really stopped paying attention to him. When I gave him the hypothetical of pals seizing Israels nukes, and said according to his view they should use them on tel Aviv. Then he went back into "well total annilation of enemy only works for the non-aggressor"

There's no freaking way an occupying power that keeps expanding settlements doesn't share responsibility as an aggressor. No freaking way. So he's a biased jerk, jerk was a given all along its the bias which made him not worth my attention.