Would you cut London Fletcher for

JP-era

Take a timeout from being a judgemental dope, and consider that just because you, in your eternal wisdom, do not agree with a suggestion on a message board, it may not be a "retarded" suggestion.

Is that too much to ponder? OK, I will dumb it down for you!

Neither you nor I are GMs of an NFL team. There are reasons for this. With me so far? Your views, however much esteem you hold them in, are as likely to be wrong as are mine.

You can sit there smirking, and type away with a smug and all knowing attitude, but trust me, you and I are just fans on a message board. It would suit you well to stop playing expert and accept this truth. OK Coach Parcells?  :P  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

218389[/snapback]

Oh, I love it, the person who will refer to Travis Henry as a pedophile at every available opportunity is now calling others "judgemental dopes." This is priceless. :w00t:

Oh, I love it, the person who will refer to Travis Henry as a pedophile at every available opportunity is now calling others "judgemental dopes."  This is priceless.  :P

218414[/snapback]

Given a choice, I would rather that he would stay away from my family members. How about you?

Given a choice, I would rather that he would stay away from my family members. How about you?

218420[/snapback]

No, and even if I did there's a difference between believing someone is something bad and stating it as fact. One is personal opinion, the other, if false, is libel. I personally don't care for Travis. I think he's a punk. But I've never met him, so I know I'm only going by snippets of what I've seen of him. But it's not like if he passed by me in the mall, that I'd pull my daughters closer to me...

No, and even if I did there's a difference between believing someone is something bad and stating it as fact.  One is personal opinion, the other, if false, is libel.  I personally don't care for Travis.  I think he's a punk.  But I've never met him, so I know I'm only going by snippets of what I've seen of him.  But it's not like if he passed by me in the mall, that I'd pull my daughters closer to me...

218447[/snapback]

That Dan is strictly up to you. Do you want to drop it or continue to attack me?

Bell is a UFA. My buddy says that the Steelers may let him walk.

I think I might. HE has an injury concern but has been a stud in the past as far as sacks go.

Fletcher would save us 1.6 mil if released. Set to make 3.8 and would have a 1.6 hit if cut.

Fletcher the past few years:

YEAR TEAM G GS TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF REC INT YDS TD

1998  STL  16 1    12    11  1    0  0.0 0 0 0 0 0

1999  STL  16 16  90    69  21  2  3.0 0 0 0 0 0

2000  STL  16 15  133  106  27  8  5.5 1 0 4 33 0

2001  STL  16 16  119    93  26  5  4.5 4 0 2 18 0

2002  BUF  16 16  149  108  41  2  3.0 2 2 0 0 0

2003  BUF  16 16  133  102  31  5  2.0 0 1 0 0 0

2004  BUF  16 16  144  101  43  4  3.5 2 1 0 0 0

CAREER 112 -- 780 590 190 26 21.5 9 -- 6 51 0

Kendrell the past few years:

YEAR TEAM G GS TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF REC INT YDS TD

2001  PIT  16 16 82    71    11    1  9.0 1 0 0 0 0

2002  PIT  12 12 50    37    13    2  4.0 0 1 0 0 0

2003  PIT  16 16 100  86    14    3  5.0 1 1 1 61 0

2004  PIT    3  0      8  6      2    0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0

CAREER 47 -- 240 200 40 6 18.0 2 -- 1 61 0

Fletcher is 29 to be 30. Bell is 26 set to be 27.

Fletcher is 5' 10" 245

Bell is 6' 1" 257

Do we go with youth and a better chance for a sack? or a vet who gets lots of tackles even solo?

217934[/snapback]

I think we should cut everyone on the current roster, if their stats are not as large as those of someone else who is a free agent from another team. With the scoring system the way it is in the leauge, you only get 1 point for a defensive player when he gets 5 tackles, and 2 points for a sack. Clearly, Fletcher has been a total slouch, and Kendrall Bell is taller.... :P

I think we should cut everyone on the current roster, if their stats are not as large as those of someone else who is a free agent from another team.  With the scoring system the way it is in the leauge, you only get 1 point for a defensive player when he gets 5 tackles, and 2 points for a sack.  Clearly, Fletcher has been a total slouch, and Kendrall Bell is taller.... :P

218516[/snapback]

wow, wellbutrin can help you, look into it.

Never. We stole Fletcher from the Rams and he has done nothing but produce for us since he got here. Granted his coverage skills leave something to be desired, but honestly how many MLB's out there are supposed to be outstanding cover guys? MLB's are supposed to tackle, and that's what Fletcher does. As long as Fletcher keeps making the tackles and Spikes gets the INT's and sacks, I am a happy Bills fan.

said from someone knowing alot about gynecology from his/her personal experience.

218530[/snapback]

Ok, I don't even understand HOW that would be an insult. You're telling Darin he knows alot about gynecolgy from alot of personal experience with that area?

To most men, that would be a compliment, you worm.

Seriously, go away.

said from someone knowing alot about gynecology from his/her personal experience.

218530[/snapback]

AD is a freelance gynecologist. I'll bet the last time you saw a womans genitalia was when someone cut your umbilical cord.

AD is a freelance gynecologist. I'll bet the last time you saw a womans genitalia was when someone cut your umbilical cord.

218535[/snapback]

The only part of that that is true is that I spent 9 months trying to get out and my life trying to get back in.

The only part of that that is true is that I spent 9 months trying to get out and my life trying to get back in.

218538[/snapback]

Dude. Seriously, just stop.

You messed up an insult, now you messed up a normally funny line. To most, it seems like you just said you've spent your life trying to get between your mom's legs...

Just stop. Go take a time-out.

Dude. Seriously, just stop.

You messed up an insult, now you messed up a normally funny line. To most, it seems like you just said you've spent your life trying to get between your mom's legs...

Just stop. Go take a time-out.

218542[/snapback]

How much trouble are you in when sh-- is giving you STFU advice? The next sign the world is going to end is Ice telling someone to mellow out. Whoa.

How much trouble are you in when sh-- is giving you STFU advice?  The next sign the world is going to end is Ice telling someone to mellow out.  Whoa.

218547[/snapback]

Is this a sign that your are not in fact out for some slam fest today? In a way you backed off from your normal, one-line-slam post. What gives?

Spelled like it sounds.  ASS-I-NINE.  Or, we could TBDize it to "JP-era".

218564[/snapback]

Hey I got one for ya, Alaskan Darin = RJ, or Alaskan Darin = as_clown, or Alaskan Darin = ICE.

Ya know, at least ICE posts football related topics, it must be your AOL account is down.

Well I cant blame you, it is pretty depressive in Alaska after all.

Hey I got one for ya, Alaskan Darin = RJ, or Alaskan Darin = as_clown, or Alaskan Darin = ICE.

Ya know, at least ICE posts football related topics, it must be your AOL account is down.

218572[/snapback]

I assume you meant to type depressing, which is what your posts are starting to become. At first I was just annoyed at some of the dribble you've been posting, now I am actually considering using the ignore button for the 1st time. It seems to me that you are constantly looking to attack anyone’s character with whom you disagree, get a life.

I assume you meant to type depressing, which is what your posts are starting to become. At first I was just annoyed at some of the dribble you've been posting, now I am actually considering using the ignore button for the 1st time. It seems to me that you are constantly looking to attack anyone’s character with whom you disagree, get a life.

218584[/snapback]

Seriously? Have your read the trash that has been posted to my football related posts and comments? Its been slam after slam. It must be that school let out or that the garbage men just got off duty.

I didnt start all this smack talking man.

Seriously? Have your read the trash that has been posted to my football related posts and comments? Its been slam after slam. It must be that school let out or that the garbage men just got off duty.

I didnt start all this smack talking man.

218588[/snapback]

Nah, you're completely innocent. Now start another thread about the quarterback position reiterating the same crap you've been spewing for the 4 months you've been here. You're like a scratched Karen Carpenter record at a vegan bar.

Nah, you're completely innocent.  Now start another thread about the quarterback position reiterating the same crap you've been spewing for the 4 months you've been here.  You're like a scratched Karen Carpenter record at a vegan bar.

218590[/snapback]

4 Months? Try 3 years, just delete "Joey Harrington" and insert name of any first round QB that comes to mind. Funny how that "insert QB" name in 2002 was Drew Bledsoe.

Not a good analogy, btw. At least in a vegan bar, there's food. Maybe a Karen Carpenter record in a vomitorium.

4 Months?  Try 3 years, just delete "Joey Harrington" and insert name of any first round QB that comes to mind.  Funny how that "insert QB" name in 2002 was Drew Bledsoe.

Not a good analogy, btw.  At least in a vegan bar, there's food.  Maybe a Karen Carpenter record in a vomitorium.

218595[/snapback]

I didn't realize that was the same tard (there are so many it's getting tough to keep track). I guess the TBD rule for crusading doesn't apply if you change your name often enough. :P

I actually struggled with that analogy and more or less left it unfinished. Maybe the rest of my brethren can add to it. I wanted to go with something like "amongst a litany of..." but I couldn't do his stupidity proper justice.

218572[/snapback]

You're not very good at this "witty retort" thingy, are you?