Khalil Mack writes for MMQB

That's great, I hope he succeeds in the NFL.

A couple things I took from the article:

He's definitely anxious to learn and appears to have a good attitude.

I wonder how he'll feel about playing with guys like LaMarr Woodley, Justin Tuck, Antonio Smith & Charles Woodson when they are all gassed out half-way through the season.

His draft picture. He's looking out into the crowd enjoying the moment, whereas Goodell knows exactly where the camera is. Way to go Goodell.

No disrespect to Watkins, but this is the guy I wish they had drafted.

They would still have had to give up picks (maybe not as much, but enough) to move up... for a LB? Not even a need, at the time. We needed a #1 WR so can justify the move up. If they stayed at 9 and Mack was there, absolutely. Edited by YoloinOhio

It was clear Mack was going to go before we drafted at #9. There had even been talk he'd be #1. Since he went #5 (and the Raiders clearly had a need for LBs), it was going to be necessary to move from #9 to #4, and the price to do that was the same whether we planned to draft Watkins or Mack. In my view they're both going to be great players and we would have been winners by picking either one. That said, I would have preferred Mack.

That's great, I hope he succeeds in the NFL.

A couple things I took from the article:

He's definitely anxious to learn and appears to have a good attitude.

I wonder how he'll feel about playing with guys like LaMarr Woodley, Justin Tuck, Antonio Smith & Charles Woodson when they are all gassed out half-way through the season.

His draft picture. He's looking out into the crowd enjoying the moment, whereas Goodell knows exactly where the camera is. Way to go Goodell.

Hah! Spot on comment, and very funny!

I don't know if he can back his talk up on the field. He's talking like he's a lawrence Taylor, and physically he simply isn't. Markedly slower in the 40, and he moves sort of awkwardly too. Its best if he just keeps quiet and learns the position , instead of drawing added attention to himself. He's sounding a bit maybin-ish to me.

I don't know if he can back his talk up on the field. He's talking like he's a lawrence Taylor, and physically he simply isn't. Markedly slower in the 40, and he moves sort of awkwardly too. Its best if he just keeps quiet and learns the position , instead of drawing added attention to himself. He's sounding a bit maybin-ish to me.

I think he has a chance to put up better career stats than Maybin.

In his first game.

Im impressed that he can write well. I mean, paragraphs, punctuation, and all. Coherent thoughts put in writing - that's probably better than 75% (random stat that i pulled outta my behind) of high school graduates can do. Seriously. I hope he has a great football career, but at least this young man has something in between his ears that he can truly rely on.

Disclaimer: I couldn't write my way out of a wet paper sack after high school and college. And im a fairly smart guy (really...I got 5 out of 5 correct on that kindergarten entrance exam on OTW). I learned to write when I (mistakenly) was given a tech-writing job. Tech Pubs sucked, but I knew the subject matter well, so I was able to fake it long enough until I actually figured out HTH to get an engineering position.

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

Im impressed that he can write well. I mean, paragraphs, punctuation, and all. Coherent thoughts put in writing - that's probably better than 75% (random stat that i pulled outta my behind) of high school graduates can do. Seriously. I hope he has a great football career, but at least this young man has something in between his ears that he can truly rely on.

Disclaimer: I couldn't write my way out of a wet paper sack after high school and college. And im a fairly smart guy (really...I got 5 out of 5 correct on that kindergarten entrance exam on OTW). I learned to write when I (mistakenly) was given a tech-writing job. Tech Pubs sucked, but I knew the subject matter well, so I was able to fake it long enough until I actually figured out HTH to get an engineering position.

I hate to sound sanctimonious, but one thing I noticed and appreciate is that he has not festooned his body with tattoos.