Nut Lovers - what's your favorite?

Talley56

Nut Lovers - what's your favorite?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Nut Lovers - what's your favorite?

• Peanut
    • Almond
    • Macadamia
    • Pistachio
    • Gugny
    • Walnut
    • Brazil
    • Pecan
    • Hazelnut
    • Other

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pistachios ... and all other nuts ... are unhealthy. Most chips/dip have far less fat content. One cup of pistachios has 56g of fat. That's nearly a week's worth of fat in a handful of nuts.

Nuts being healthy is a myth. Just like the Almond "peanut butter," and that disgusting Nutella crap ... no healthier than good old fashioned Skippy.

And who the hell (other than Beerball, apparently) butters !@#$ing peanuts?!?!?

You take all of that back!

To eat by the handful: cashew

In a cookie: macadamia

Buttered: peanut

In a brownie: walnut

In coffee: hazelnut

In the shell: pistachio

In a candy bar: almond

In a pie: pecan

That is absolutely correct.

Wasabi/Soy coated almonds are like crack.

As is this. I ate half a bag of Wegman's version last night, but Blue Diamond is better.

For the sheer versatility of the nut and its place in so many dishes that I love, my pick would have to be the peanut if limited to only one choice. The Peanut is good in any form whether candied, plain roasted, in the shell, buttered and then theres peanut sauce.

For the sheer versatility of the nut and its place in so many dishes that I love, my pick would have to be the peanut if limited to only one choice. The Peanut is good in any form whether candied, plain roasted, in the shell, buttered and then theres peanut sauce.

I believe that the peanut is at its best when it's part of a Payday bar.

All of the above -- I love 'em.

Almonds, Cashews and Hazelnuts are probably at the top for me but could make a case for any on that list. I still buy the bag of mixed nuts at Christmas and put them in the copper bowl with the nutcracker and picks. Hazel, Almond, Walnut, Pecans and Brazil (anyone else's Grandmother refer to those with an un-PC name?).

Peanuts are so good out of the shell.

And the recent favorite is the wassabi flavored almonds -- holy crap those are good.

Or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

We've been making s'mores with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups instead of Hershey's bars. Phenomenal. Then we started using the Keebler fudge striped cookies instead of graham crackers.

Game changers.