Whitner calls out Sammy, Bills fans,Tim Graham,Talley...

Except one of them was a real leader, and the other was fortunate to have the best player in the history of the sport on his team.

Hmm, Scotty had some skills too. Not a complete ride-along.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donte should watch out, he is absolutely a cuttable guy. And if he is cut now, maybe he will be forever behind Talley in INT's...... in fact he may be even if he plays for a couple more years!

Whitner is not bad and only going to get better over the next few years.

He is 28 years old, for gosh sake. Yeah, we can get all our jimmies rustled but it does no good. He has become a much better all around player in the last three years. Being beat in the Super Bowl and all of that is par for the course. The Ravens had the strengths that took advantages of Whitners weaknesses.

Whitner is a very good football player and I project him to have a solid career yet. But, I also project him to not even know his own name by the age of 60. The dude hits hard. I'd still knock his ass out for running his mouth about my family, though.

Whitner is not bad and only going to get better over the next few years.

He is 28 years old, for gosh sake. Yeah, we can get all our jimmies rustled but it does no good. He has become a much better all around player in the last three years. Being beat in the Super Bowl and all of that is par for the course. The Ravens had the strengths that took advantages of Whitners weaknesses.

Whitner is a very good football player and I project him to have a solid career yet. But, I also project him to not even know his own name by the age of 60. The dude hits hard. I'd still knock his ass out for running his mouth about my family, though.

Whitner was always a better player than he was held to be in these parts. His draft position tainted perceptions, as did his tendency to run his mouth.

That said, he's the 9th highest paid safety in the league right now - check it out. Do you think he is really a top-10 safety? And do you think he really hits that much harder than most? Perhaps my perception is tainted because I loathe that back tackling which seems to be about the only kind he knows.

And yeah, he probably picked the wrong family to run his mouth about.

Whitner was always a better player than he was held to be in these parts. His draft position tainted perceptions, as did his tendency to run his mouth.

He was drafted in the right spot. 8 of the top 12 have been to the Pro Bowl. Matt Leinert and Ernie Sims do not seem destined to make it. Reggie Bush is the other dude.

Maybe it took him some years and all, but he has made a mark and has a good chance to leave a lasting one as time goes on.

That said, he's the 9th highest paid safety in the league right now - check it out. Do you think he is really a top-10 safety?

Yes, in fact, I would go so far as to say I know he is a top 10 paid safety for a reason. That reason is many, many things. Many are underpaid and the rest are a bunch of no-bodies that do not warrant their pay. Another, is age. Landry, Polamalu, C.Woodson, and Ed Reed are just too old.

Looking at Whitner on that list I look up and see Antrel Rolle and Reshad Jones. Those guys are no better then Aaron Williams, and then I see Eric Berry, T.Branch, and Weddle and do not see much of a difference in talent to Whitner.

My point it is this: It's all relative. Who's hot now, who's not. Who is long in the tooth and who's rising. Whitner came in with Goldson and Griffin, both at the point now where they have to cash out in their NFL success. For those guys, for any player within 2 years of 30 they need to cash out and the highest paying contract to keep them there until they're 30. Then, if they're successful they find a big pay day for 4+ years because no one signs a long term contract with a guy over 32 in this league.

And do you think he really hits that much harder than most? Perhaps my perception is tainted because I loathe that back tackling which seems to be about the only kind he knows.

His fellow players say he does, I guess I'll go with him. He isn't perfect but he can stop a guy in his tracks and keeps his feet planted - which also is a weakness and why you end up seeing him get juked and ride a RB 10 yards. Once he plants for his hit the RB bounces and misses.

We were destined to draft Nagta.That was one of the few times everything fell into place for us, and we whiffed on it. Every bills fan wanted nagta or willis that year.

Do you mean Patrick Willis? If so, he wasn't in the same draft as Whitner.

Yeah he had skills, but without Jordan, he would not have done nearly as good.

Did Scottie really deserve to be on the Dream Team?

Pippen is a member of the all time top 50 NBA team for a reason. He wouldn't have 6 rings without MJ, he probably wouldn't have 3, but Scotty was the best wing defender of his era and routinely shut down some of the NBA's best scorers. And, his scoring was not to be undersold. If he didn't play with the NBA's all time killer, his offensive output would have been right up there with the elites at the small forward spot.

Pippen may be ugly and broke, but the dude could ball out.

• 3 weeks later...

Pippen is a member of the all time top 50 NBA team for a reason. He wouldn't have 6 rings without MJ, he probably wouldn't have 3, but Scotty was the best wing defender of his era and routinely shut down some of the NBA's best scorers. And, his scoring was not to be undersold. If he didn't play with the NBA's all time killer, his offensive output would have been right up there with the elites at the small forward spot.

Pippen may be ugly and broke, but the dude could ball out.

Yeah Pippen could play, I just think he got a little lucky having Jordan on the team, as did all of the Bulls players.

Also, I think it was ridiculous that Pippen was on the dream team and Isaiah Thomas wasn't.