Unstoppable CJ

no excuses. He's just good and got better. CJ was bad, got lucky, then back to bad again.

In 3 years as a Bill, Lynch has almost the same yardage as CJ after 4 years. And more TDs.

Keep grasping

So CJ is a bad running back now? Even your negative stance has devolved. Nobody I know that works in personnel circles feels that way at all. There may be several adjectives to describe him, but BAD has never been one of them. Then again, you're on record as thinking Kyle Williams sucks, too. So your track record in evaluating players, vis a vis the conventional wisdom regarding those players, lacks credibility.

Happy crusading.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So CJ is a bad running back now? Even your negative stance has devolved. Nobody I know that works in personnel circles feels that way at all. There may be several adjectives to describe him, but BAD has never been one of them. Then again, you're on record as thinking Kyle Williams sucks, too. So your track record in evaluating players, vis a vis the conventional wisdom regarding those players, lacks credibility.

Happy crusading.

GO BILLS!!!

you got me.

no excuses. He's just good and got better. CJ was bad, got lucky, then back to bad again.

In 3 years as a Bill, Lynch has almost the same yardage as CJ after 4 years. And more TDs.

Keep grasping

Lynch had 650 carries at 2601 yards 17 tds in 3 years

Spiller had 516 carries at 2738 yards 12 tds in 3 years

I know you really want to rail on Spiller not starting that first year but geez.

Oh well. Agree to disagree. Go Bills!

Lynch had 650 carries at 2601 yards 17 tds in 3 years

Spiller had 516 carries at 2738 yards 12 tds in 3 years

I know you really want to rail on Spiller not starting that first year but geez.

Oh well. Agree to disagree. Go Bills!

oh, so now were not making his first season accountable?

Sounds like more excuses to me.

Can everyone just stop for a second and help CJ with his Ipad so he can study his playbook?

Cj Spiller@CJSPILLER 28m

Need my iPad followers advice trying to get in device but it's locked with a code is there anyway I can get on

we already established that rocks are more intelligent than he is. Considering he was out scored on the wonderlic by Leodis McKelvin.

oh, so now were not making his first season accountable?

Sounds like more excuses to me.

Now it sounds like you are just arguing for the sake of it. I know that you are aware of the spurious nature of forcing the inclusion of a player's rookie season into their overall assessment(if it took them time to acclimate to the NFL or they were backing up good players). Not comparing CJ to OJ Simpson whatsoever......one wouldn't reduce their assessment of OJ's abilities simply because his first 3 seasons were mediocre.

Edited by Dibs

Now it sounds like you are just arguing for the sake of it. I know that you are aware of the spurious nature of forcing the inclusion of a player's rookie season into their overall assessment(if it took them time to acclimate to the NFL or they were backing up good players). Not comparing CJ to OJ Simpson whatsoever......one wouldn't reduce their assessment of OJ's abilities simply because his first 3 seasons were mediocre.

someone was comparing CJ to Lynch. Both played on the same team in the same times. It's no secret we have a good running game overall. As other pointed out we had over 2,000 yards rushing last year. It's pretty clear it's not the team that is an issue. So CJ if he's so damn good should have no trouble putting up ungodly numbers.

But to your point. Yeah, his rookie year sucked. His 2nd year sucked. His one good season came and went. Then back to being average again. He was 15th ranked RB for yards. Don't get me started on TDs. He's just not good.

The only way to measure a player legitimately is through statistics. He is not good. He was good for 1 season. One other average. And 2 where he sucked. 4 years in the league is more than enough time to establish yourself as a legitimate threat and he hasn't done that.

How dare you compare CJ the RB to OJ the RB?

We shouldn't be comparing CJ to anyone in this thread. But Lynch and the murderer are/were WAY better than CJ ever dreamed of being.

I think the jury is still out on CJ, personally. I don't think he's durable/has the endurance to be a featured back. I wish he did. I don't think his good stats were lucky. I think he is a very good back if utilized correctly.

I will say that upper tier RBs are just good, regardless of the circumstance. But - and I don't know if these are excuses or explanations - I don't know how many RBs can produce on a team with a piss poor defense, new coaching staff, rookie QB and schitty WRs.

It's been 4 years. Averaging 1,000 over the past two years whilst sharing the load is not unimpressive to me.

I don't think he's bad. I don't think he's great. But I think he can be very good with Hackett's assistance (i.e. - making him more of an all-purpose yards back).

He did at least score higher than Vince Young... Right??

Only a dead person could score lower than Vince Young.

*** My apologies to dead people everywhere for the insult ...

someone was comparing CJ to Lynch. Both played on the same team in the same times. It's no secret we have a good running game overall. As other pointed out we had over 2,000 yards rushing last year. It's pretty clear it's not the team that is an issue. So CJ if he's so damn good should have no trouble putting up ungodly numbers.

But to your point. Yeah, his rookie year sucked. His 2nd year sucked. His one good season came and went. Then back to being average again. He was 15th ranked RB for yards. Don't get me started on TDs. He's just not good.

The only way to measure a player legitimately is through statistics. He is not good. He was good for 1 season. One other average. And 2 where he sucked. 4 years in the league is more than enough time to establish yourself as a legitimate threat and he hasn't done that.

The one year where Fred got hurt and CJ was utilized correctly, he excelled- essentially in 1/3 a season.

Then the scheme and play calling change, he's splitting time agajn, and FredEx get the goal line... Of course his TD numbers are going to be down... Fred is the better goal line back, but CJ is very capable of tripping over the goal line as well...

**note: that one year Fred got hurt doesn't narrow anything down, I am referring to 2012 when he missed extensive playing time- wasn't it a knee or a broken leg??

The one year where Fred got hurt and CJ was utilized correctly, he excelled- essentially in 1/3 a season.

Then the scheme and play calling change, he's splitting time agajn, and FredEx get the goal line... Of course his TD numbers are going to be down... Fred is the better goal line back, but CJ is very capable of tripping over the goal line as well...

**note: that one year Fred got hurt doesn't narrow anything down, I am referring to 2012 when he missed extensive playing time- wasn't it a knee or a broken leg??

Not against the !@#$ing Patriots. Grrrr .....

The one thing I keep seeing on this thread is. CJ is only good if he's used correctly. That's any player! A QB isn't going to do good without a good line!

Yes, that was the problem with Rob Johnson, JP Losman, Trent Edwards, etc...