Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who have expressed an intention to bid on the Bills, and perhaps others as identified by the Bills’ investment banker Morgan Stanley, on Wednesday received a seven-page non-disclosure agreement (NDA), the source said.

Such bidders must sign the NDA in order to receive the “offering memorandum,” or sale book.

So much for The Donald. He can't keep his mouth shut ;)

But I'm really glad they are moving this right along. The sooner there is a new owner the better.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Why the hell does the Toronto reporter have the exclusive? Bad mojo, man

Someone in the Tanenbaum group likely told him.

It will be interesting to see if the guy's "sources" dry up one the NDA goes into effect...

So okay, when do they announce who wins?

Probably when Brandon presents him/her/them to the NFL for approval.

Someone in the Tanenbaum group likely told him.

It will be interesting to see if the guy's "sources" dry up one the NDA goes into effect...

I hope they don't Would be a crying shame if any Toronto group was shut out for violating the NDA ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

John Kryk@JohnKryk 41s

Exclusive: @buffalobills have reached out to prospective bidders, are officially on sale: http://blogs.canoe.c...-sale/ … #Bills @NFL

"a source has told Sun Media that the NFL strongly prefers that any principal prospective owner be financially liquid to the extent of possessing at least $200 million in available cash over and above his or her portion of the sale price."

I'm pretty sure all the names I have heard would be able to do this. Willing is another story.

Pegula could buy the whole dam thing in cash.

John Kryk@JohnKryk 41s

Exclusive: @buffalobills have reached out to prospective bidders, are officially on sale: http://blogs.canoe.c...-sale/ … #Bills @NFL

"a source has told Sun Media that the NFL strongly prefers that any principal prospective owner be financially liquid to the extent of possessing at least $200 million in available cash over and above his or her portion of the sale price."

I don't have the cash just yet, but I do have a letter stating that I might already be a winner. In an unrelated question, anybody want to subscribe to Accounting Monthly?

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

I buy and sell businesses for clients and do mergers and acquisition work. The non-disclosure agreement should effectively put a gag order on the details of the bidding process, as I am sure the parties do want the details of their offers out for public exposure. Guess we'll see if this is the case.

I buy and sell businesses for clients and do mergers and acquisition work. The non-disclosure agreement should effectively put a gag order on the details of the bidding process, as I am sure the parties do want the details of their offers out for public exposure. Guess we'll see if this is the case.

I personally feel that the NDA is to prevent all the Corporate Finances from being disclosed. I do not feel it has anything to do with the Bids in general.

They just dont want the actual books to be released to the general public (or NFLPA hands)

That of course is logical. I wonder if after the fact info will be revealed on who bid and what the bids were. i doubt it will and it will be maddening to some wondering what their favorite potential owner bid :)

But I'm really glad they are moving this right along. The sooner there is a new owner the better.

Agreed

So okay, when do they announce who wins?

They'll probably make it a media spectacle with two weeks of build-up in early March of next year.

Yes, just kidding. Par for the course with the NFL though.

I personally feel that the NDA is to prevent all the Corporate Finances from being disclosed. I do not feel it has anything to do with the Bids in general.

They just dont want the actual books to be released to the general public (or NFLPA hands)

Indeed

Damn. I'm out.

Absolutely. Terry Pegula would be the dream owner for the Bills. Yet, the Buffalo News likes to throw darts at him. The News has absolutely no credibility when it comes to Terry and Kim Pegula. They are the best thing to happen to Buffalo since the Pan American Exposition.

McKinley might even say better.

Why the hell does the Toronto reporter have the exclusive? Bad mojo, man

He's been on top of this whole story from the beginning. Whatever his connections are, they must improve with the exchange rate.