The Bickering Bills

All the drug arrests and drag racing and "searching for a leader" made me nostalgic for that 9-7 season full of yelling, fistfights, and 34 saying we needed an upgrade at QB. We lost the Divisional, and you all know what happened next.

One can only hope that out of Wilson's passing, new ownership, Dareus' antics, and a chippy TC, we will see the team coalesce and return to the playoffs.

I'm all for a season full of bickering and Ws.

All the drug arrests and drag racing and "searching for a leader" made me nostalgic for that 9-7 season full of yelling, fistfights, and 34 saying we needed an upgrade at QB. We lost the Divisional, and you all know what happened next.

One can only hope that out of Wilson's passing, new ownership, Dareus' antics, and a chippy TC, we will see the team coalesce and return to the playoffs.

How many? 1-2?

This is about team full of known talent, pro bowlers, an excellent staff, future hall of famers. Top shelf GM. And,they are being compared to a perennial 6-10 team with a DT that got caught with synthetic weed? And a "drag tace".

Somehow I doubt SI will run a cover in '14 that reads the Big Bad Bickering Bills.

How many? 1-2?

i get a feeling that dareus is good for one more, but he has gotta up the ante. my money's on him shoplifting a salad spinner and bamboo hamper from bed, bath and beyond. or maybe getting a dui while piloting a riding lawn mower on the scajaquada during rush hour.

I wouldn't care if they showed up for game 1 without pants on and peace-sign tattoos on their asses if they could just win. Unfortunately this isn't the team to do it.

Training camp can't come soon enough, that is all I can say.

The about mid-October the end of the season can't come fast enough, the firing of [insert name] can't come fast enough, usually the Draft can't come fast enough but we'll have no day-1 pick next year so no one will care, and then next season can't come fast enough.

This organization is like looking into one of those pictures that has a picture of that picture, that has a picture of that picture, etc.

This is about team full of known talent, pro bowlers, an excellent staff, future hall of famers. Top shelf GM. And,they are being compared to a perennial 6-10 team with a DT that got caught with synthetic weed? And a "drag tace".

Somehow I doubt SI will run a cover in '14 that reads the Big Bad Bickering Bills.

A team full of pro-bowlers? Say what?

Dareus and both Williams are it from last year and Dareus' days are numbered. He's overrated. So is Mario.

I wouldn't care if they showed up for game 1 without pants on and peace-sign tattoos on their asses if they could just win. Unfortunately this isn't the team to do it.

The about mid-October the end of the season can't come fast enough, the firing of [insert name] can't come fast enough, usually the Draft can't come fast enough but we'll have no day-1 pick next year so no one will care, and then next season can't come fast enough.

This organization is like looking into one of those pictures that has a picture of that picture, that has a picture of that picture, etc.

Dareus and both Williams are it from last year and Dareus' days are numbered. He's overrated. So is Mario.

Happy Friday! :D

ALL?

correct me if I'm wrong ...... wasn't both of them [drugs & racing] ONE player? aka Dareus

Mario Williams is overrated? I like your posts but completely disagree. In 8 seasons he has 76.5 sacks, to go along with 14 forced fumbles and 5 recovered fumbles. This is how to win football games.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillMa22.htm

Happy Friday! :D

+1....sometimes, it's just laziness that breeds pessimism.

Great responses...in the past, I often fell for the trolls.

I just don't see the harm in seeing the positive in the off season.

The realities of life "are what they are"(to quote every athlete ever), you can approach it with pessimism and be bound by it's constraints, or you can approach it with optimism and hope and try to out do your expectations. You may not win, but you will out perform the pessimist.

I don't feel like Taskers ghost is nomally like this, but I could be wrong...Maybe he is a hung over Heat fan! :beer:

It's fun to see you so eager to put someone down that you end up arguing against the point you're trying to make.

:blink:

Mario Williams is overrated? I like your posts but completely disagree. In 8 seasons he has 76.5 sacks, to go along with 14 forced fumbles and 5 recovered fumbles. This is how to win football games.

http://www.pro-footb.../W/WillMa22.htm

I love your Weekly comments and agree with most of them. ( especially about Stephon Gilmore ). However, Mario is average. His sacks and good plays come in bunches and then he goes invisible for 2-4 games. I love his height, his skills, but he is not a leader, nor worth 100 million!

I love your Weekly comments and agree with most of them. ( especially about Stephon Gilmore ). However, Mario is average. His sacks and good plays come in bunches and then he goes invisible for 2-4 games. I love his height, his skills, but he is not a leader, nor worth 100 million!

You can debate whether Mario is worth his obscene contract but you can't deny he's a great player.

You can debate whether Mario is worth his obscene contract but you can't deny he's a great player.

To me, Mario is a very good player who has shown flashes of greatness.

He has all the tools to be a "great player," and I hope he steps it up to that level in 2014.

Edited by Felonious Monk

We need the calender to move up 3 months.

I find myself thinking the same thing when I see one silly thread after another, during the off-season...then the season rolls around, losses start to pile up, and I find myself thinking this is a better place in the off-season... :lol: