World Cup Thread

You're right. We all prefer players that literally try to paralyze each other on the ice in hockey.

Every sport has its faults but it gets annoying when every post starts with, "I watched but I don't think Americans will ever like soccer".

Don't like it? Plenty of other things to watch on tv. Me? I adore it.

Exactly, if you don't like soccer don't watch it. I love the World Cup, that header by the Dutch yesterday was amazing. The creativity on scoring plays is a complete joy to watch.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, if you don't like soccer don't watch it. I love the World Cup, that header by the Dutch yesterday was amazing. The creativity on scoring plays is a complete joy to watch.

Ditto. Would I change some things about soccer, e.g., the diving? Sure. But I could say that about any sport.

Soccer is a fantastic game and there is no sporting event in the world that is even close to as thrilling as the World Cup. I have watched every match so far, and though I doubt I can keep that streak going realistically, I intend to come as close as I can.

I'm nervous about Italy England. I think Italy on paper is much better than England but this team seems uninspired. That Spain game is a mystery to me. They should have been up 3-0 before Holland started scoring. Lazy defending.

van Persie and Robben played out of their minds. They will be formidable.

This Uraguay v Costa Rica game isn't bad.

That was one of the more entertaining matches I've ever watched.

+1

Great half. Both teams applying the pressure.

Turned it on just in time to watch them trade goals.

But to me, the most entertaining part is, between the announcers' accents and jargon, trying to figure out just what the !@#$ they are saying.

That was one of the more entertaining matches I've ever watched.

Turned it on just in time to watch them trade goals.

But to me, the most entertaining part is, between the announcers' accents and jargon, trying to figure out just what the !@#$ they are saying.

Rather an incendiary fixture, this one.

My daughter landed in Costa Rica this afternoon at about kick off with her grandparents. We sent her with her Costa Rican jersey. No doubt she landed in a national party. Absolutely deserved and well-earned win.

The England-Italy game is fantastic. Great patient chess match. Joe Hart looks as crappy as he did when the US beat them on that junk goal.

Great game. Pirlo is a genius.

That late free kick was amazing.

Italy was the better team. Excellent play from two very good teams. Seeing them play is the reason that the US cannot win a Cup yet--we couldn't match that style.