Obama's Free Bus Rides

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry O in a nutshell.

BtuunDoCcAEZgOz.jpg

It's Obama's fault the House Republicans want to pinch pennies on the VA? They are crying that in ten years the reforms will cost too much, yet they spent that much a month sending these vets into that war. You are brain dead

It's Obama's fault the House Republicans want to pinch pennies on the VA? They are crying that in ten years the reforms will cost too much, yet they spent that much a month sending these vets into that war. You are brain dead

Obama come out immediately and offered nearly $4 billion for these "kids". How long did it take for him to come up with money for the VA?

Behold, the last of a dying breed: the everlasting knobgobbler.

While I have been an outspoken critic of this president, I have also recognized him when he's done things that are genuinely in the interest of all Americans.

This immigration crisis is of his doing, but he's finally realized this can go on no longer, so he has rolled out his new program to make illegals think twice before making their way to the US.

The program? Send them to Chicago. You know those kids will take one look at Rahm's World and pay anything to return to Honduras.

Here is the statement from Jeff Sessions last night on the border action in the House:

I applaud the hard work of House Republicans in putting together this package, and in particular would like to recognize the steadfast and unflinching efforts from members of our Alabama delegation.

The border bill has been substantially improved, and provides a marked contrast to the Senate Democrat bill—defeated on a bipartisan basis—that would have deepened the crisis.

Most importantly, the House has taken a firm vote today to block the President’s plan to provide unlawful executive amnesty and work permits to 5-6 million illegal immigrants. They have again acted to protect U.S. workers. President Obama’s suspension of immigration law created this crisis and his new plan, if implemented, would escalate that crisis to an unimaginable degree.

While the Republican House has voted to protect our constituents and our Constitution, Senate Democrats have abandoned both in the face of this clear and present danger. Indeed, last night, all Senate Democrats except one voted to thwart the Republican effort to stop the President’s illegal actions. All but one Democrat voted with their Senate leader instead of the people who sent them here.

But the fight in the Senate is only beginning. Now that the House has passed this measure to block the President’s unlawful actions, we will demand that every Senate Democrat be held to account. We will fight, and keep fighting, for its passage. I appeal tonight to all Americans: ask your Senators where they stand on President Obama’s executive amnesty. Ask them where they stand on protecting unemployed citizens from a plan which will give work permits and jobs to millions of illegal workers.

Senators face a time for choosing: to be complicit in the nullification of our laws, or to end this lawlessness and create an immigration policy we can be proud of. Mr. Reid: you and every single member of your conference will face this choice. On the defining issue of our nation’s laws and sovereignty, there is nowhere to hide.

Plus
:

is not supposed to be set by one man:

Here is the statement from Jeff Sessions last night on the border action in the House:

Plus
:

is not supposed to be set by one man:

From your link.This is why I say Obama puts politics over country:

“The president is going to get the same amount of grief from the right no matter what he does, whether it’s small or whether it’s bold,” said Richard L. Trumka, president of the AFL-CIO, which has been aligned with immigration advocates. “The difference is, if it’s small, it’s not going to energize his base. If it’s bold, it will.”

Obama throws tantrum over GOP border bill

As has become standard for Obama, whenever he doesn’t get what he wants he reverts to natural state of a spoiled and petulant nine year-old:

President Barack Obama criticized House Republicans on Friday for planning to pass “the most extreme and unworkable versions of a bill that they already know is going nowhere” amid an ongoing border crisis.

“They’re not even trying to actually solve the problem,” Obama said of the House GOP at a press conference from the White House. “This is a message bill that they couldn’t pull off yesterday, so they made it a little more extreme so maybe they can pass it today. Just so they can check a box before they’re leaving town for a month.”

Obama has
so agencies can effectively care for the unaccompanied minors at the border, quickly get through their removal cases and try to deter more from coming. More than 57,500 unaccompanied minors, most from violence-wracked countries in Central America, have been apprehended at the border since October.

What the House actually did was pass a very clean bill that sought to solve the immediate problem and provide border governors with the resources to cope with the crisis created directly, and apparently consciously, by Obama’s ill-conceived DACA program. What the House did not do was let the administration hit the legislative equivalent of the Lotto by appropriating and enormous sum of money thus rewarding Obama for his lawlessness. Obama also relies on his native talent for dishonesty. Harry Reid’s Senate is on recess and didn’t manage to pass any kind of a border bill so even if the House had caved and given him everything he wanted it would still have to wait until the end of the August recess for action.

He followed that childish tantrum up with this bit of sophistry:

“Keep in mind that just a few days earlier, they voted to sue me for acting on my own,” Obama said. “And then when they couldn’t pass a bill yesterday, they put out a statement suggesting I should act on my own because they couldn’t pass a bill.”

Obama added that he would have to reallocate funding on his own because Congress has not approved funding to address the border crisis.

“I’m going to have to act alone, because we don’t have enough resources,” he said.

Actually, he’s being sued for not doing his job which the Constitution defines as carrying out laws passed by the Congress… not making up his own laws despite the laws passed by Congress and, in some cases, signed into law by Obama himself.

More at the link:

http://www.redstate....op-border-bill/

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/08/pelosi-chases-republican-tom-marino-across-house-chamber/

In an unusual breach of decorum, even for the divided Congress, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi chased Rep. Tom Marino across the House floor, taking offense at comments by the Pennsylvania Republican during debate on the border funding bill Friday night.

“We don’t have law and order,” Marino began as he wrapped up his comments on the border supplemental. “My colleagues on the other side don’t want to do anything about it.”

“You know something that I find quite interesting about the other side? Under the leadership of the former Speaker [Pelosi], and under the leadership of their former leader [Rep. Steny Hoyer], when in 2009 and 2010, they had the House, the Senate and the White House, and they knew this problem existed,” he continued. “They didn’t have the strength to go after it back then. But now are trying to make a political issue out of it now.”

Off-mic, Pelosi then approached Marino, crossing the aisle in view of cameras, and apparently challenged Marino’s assertion that Democrats did not do anything about the issue when they had majority control.

http://abcnews.go.co...-house-chamber/

In an unusual breach of decorum, even for the divided Congress, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi chased Rep. Tom Marino across the House floor, taking offense at comments by the Pennsylvania Republican during debate on the border funding bill Friday night.

“We don’t have law and order,” Marino began as he wrapped up his comments on the border supplemental. “My colleagues on the other side don’t want to do anything about it.”

“You know something that I find quite interesting about the other side? Under the leadership of the former Speaker [Pelosi], and under the leadership of their former leader [Rep. Steny Hoyer], when in 2009 and 2010, they had the House, the Senate and the White House, and they knew this problem existed,” he continued. “They didn’t have the strength to go after it back then. But now are trying to make a political issue out of it now.”

Off-mic, Pelosi then approached Marino, crossing the aisle in view of cameras, and apparently challenged Marino’s assertion that Democrats did not do anything about the issue when they had majority control.

This, my friends, is the best and brightest the Democrat Party has to offer. This crazy old lady once held the gavel of the United States House of Representatives.

Of course, I guess it really is a sign of our progress that Pelosi is now limited to limited outbursts of insanity on the House floor instead of determining the fate of the entire nation with regard to Health Care.

Congressman Marino tweeted later:

K3uvrrHh_normal.jpegRep. Tom Marino @RepTomMarino Follow

Rep. Pelosi called me an 'insignificant person' on the Floor of the House. I'll ponder that for a while driving to Williamsport tonight...

10:47 PM - 1 Aug 2014

K3uvrrHh_normal.jpegRep. Tom Marino @RepTomMarino Follow

...of course I'll be driving myself, with no staff or security. And I'm just a country lawyer who worked in a bakery until he was 30...

10:49 PM - 1 Aug 2014

an 'insignificant person'..........................doesn't that illustrate clearly the mindset of Liberals.

This, my friends, is the best and brightest the Democrat Party has to offer. This crazy old lady once held the gavel of the United States House of Representatives.

Of course, I guess it really is a sign of our progress that Pelosi is now limited to limited outbursts of insanity on the House floor instead of determining the fate of the entire nation with regard to Health Care.

an 'insignificant person'..........................doesn't that illustrate clearly the mindset of Liberals.

Has Nancy blamed this on Bush yet?

As I was reading that article I got a picture in my mind of Ruth Buzzi swinging her purse at Congressman Marino.