Obama's Free Bus Rides

Surprise............

Illegal-Alien No-Shows

By the time ICE files court cases, the unaccompanied minors have settled elsewhere.

The Department of Justice has begun ushering unaccompanied alien children to the front of the line for immigration court proceedings — but the children still fail to appear in court.

In one day at a Los Angeles immigration court last week, Judge Ashley Tabaddor heard the cases of nearly 40 illegal immigrant minors, but none of the children appeared in court, according to the Los Angeles Times. In each case, the illegal immigrant minor was thought to have settled elsewhere, and the judge reportedly decided not to deport the children in absentia. Instead, Tabaddor reportedly issued change-of-venue orders in each case.

More at the link

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2014/08/doj-report-nearly-half-fed-crimes-near-mexican-border/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=080514

Crime is so high along the Mexican border that nearly half of all the criminal cases filed by federal prosecutors in the United States last fiscal year were concentrated in a handful of districts located in that region, according to the U.S. government’s figures.

It’s not as if this is new, but to see it spelled out in a government report with a detailed breakdown is truly alarming. The statistics illustrate that the Mexican-border region is a cesspool of crime that’s costing American taxpayers a chunk of change not to mention loads of grief. There are 94 federal court districts in this country and the five located near the southern border see a large portion of criminal cases, according to the Justice Department’s annual report on criminal prosecutions. The five federal districts also have the biggest number of defendants actually convicted of federal crimes.

Of the 61,529 criminal cases initiated by federal prosecutors last fiscal year, more than 40%—or 24,746—were filed in court districts neighboring the Mexican border. This includes Arizona, New Mexico, Southern California, Western Texas and Southern Texas. The two Texas districts each had more than double the convictions of all four federal court districts in the state of New York combined, according to the DOJ report. The Western Texas District had the nation’s heaviest crime flow, with 6,341 cases filed by the feds. In Southern Texas 6,130 cases were filed, 4,848 in Southern California, 3,889 in New Mexico and 3,538 in Arizona.

RON FOURNIER: The Case Against Obama’s Nuclear Option: Even if reform is needed and legal, endowing the presidency with new, unilateral powers is a dangerous precedent.

“Obama’s party is partly responsible for this mess, because of the cynical choices made during his first two years in office to punt on reform, in part because the Democrats who ran Congress wanted to be able to portray the GOP as anti-minority in the 2010 elections. Obama denies culpability, but the record is clear, and almost any Democrat in Washington will concede, privately, that the president broke his promise to make immigration reform a top priority in 2009-10.”

Megan McArdle: Mr. President, You Can’t Do Whatever You Want.

On Sunday, Ross Douthat of the New York Times wrote an uncharacteristically blistering attack on the plan being floated by the Barack Obama administration to quasi-legalize the status of almost half the immigrants who are now in the country illegally. The details remain somewhat vague, but according to the Washington Post, “Ideas under consideration could include temporary relief for law-abiding undocumented immigrants who are closely related to U.S. citizens or those who have lived in the country a certain number of years — a population that advocates say could reach as high as 5 million.”

This is not the first time that the administration has floated this trial balloon, so I think it’s safe to say that it is contemplating sweeping unilateral executive action that would grant millions of undocumented immigrants protection from deportation and issue work permits that would allow them to earn a legal living while they are here — at least, unless the news media or the public pushes back.

I quite agree with Ross: The media and the public should push back. I say this as someone who is broadly supportive of greater legal immigration, and who has tangled with immigration opponents in the past. Whatever your opinion on immigration policy, I hope it doesn’t involve supporting giving the president extremely broad powers to simply rewrite any law that he thinks ought to be different. To see why, you need only ask yourself a simple question: Would you like to give this power to a president from the opposing party on a law where the two of you disagree?

I'm starting to think Krauthammer has this right: Obama plans to run with a massive, yet illegal, immigration executive order so as to force the GOP to impeach him in an effort to save his ass for the mid-terms.

He's running around like a little girl yelling "They're going to impeach me!" and even though no one but the WH is yelling this, America still hates the idea. So if he throws enough of a temper to force an impeachment, America will somehow be on the side of Obama.

His admin is just stupid enough to think this is a good plan.

http://hotair.com/ar...d-by-joe-biden/

I saw this yesterday at Breitbart and nearly fell off the chair. Does Diamond Joe not understand that he’s undermining Democrats’ big “refugee” talking point in saying this? The left’s messaging strategy on the border crisis, quite wisely, is to insist that kids from Honduras and Guatemala aren’t “illegal immigrants” at all. They’re “refugees.” They’re not crossing the border because mom and/or dad are already here and they want to go to American schools, they’re crossing the border because gang violence in Central America has grown so terrible that the kids have no choice but to flee. They’re in the same predicament as, say, Christians in Iraq are right now — even though federal law defines “refugee” as someone fleeing war or persecution based on identity, not gangs. That’s a smart talking pointfor two reasons: One, obviously, it makes the kids more sympathetic, and two, more importantly, it implies that letting them settle in the U.S. would be an extraordinary response to an extraordinary crisis. It’s not an open-ended invitation to people to cross the border illegally, it’s a limited amnesty targeting a limited population for a limited time, until gang violence starts to fall off. The more you reassure Americans that this is a carefully constrained response to a humanitarian crisis and not some free pass for any kid who wants to come, the more acceptable they’ll find it. (That’s also why all amnesties are sold as one-time, extraordinary solutions that’ll never be repeated. Until, of course, they’re repeated a decade or two later.)

So here’s Biden undermining all of that. The violence isn’t worse than it used to be, he says. It’s bad, but it’s been bad for years. What’s causing the big surge lately in illegal crossings is coyotes lying to families and telling them that if their child makes it across the border now, they’re “home free.” We can debate what the source of that lie is — I’ve got a crazy hunch I know what it is — but we don’t need to in order to toss the “refugee” argument out the window. The fact that a coyote lied to you doesn’t make you a refugee. And if you’re not a refugee than you’re subject to the same immigration laws as anyone else crossing the border illegally. Why he would take this position, I can’t begin to imagine. Maybe he’s saying that every Central American who’s entered the U.S. illegally since gang wars exploded inside their countries years ago should qualify as refugees too? That sort of undermines the whole “this is a one-time thing” appeal of the refugee argument, doesn’t it?

Edited by 3rdnlng

• 2 weeks later...

http://conservative-daily.com/2014/08/24/terrorists-take-advantage-of-our-open-borders/

The government is just letting anyone walk across the border and enter the United States. Even though the administration knows that Mexican cartels are collaborating with Middle East terrorists, they are still leaving the border open and unsecure!

But it gets even worse than that. Not only are we broadcasting to the terrorists that we won’t stop them from crossing the border, but the TSA has also announced that it is no longer requiring illegal aliens to show a government-issued photo ID when trying to board an airplane. Instead of forcing these illegals to show a photo ID, they are only required to show a “Notice to Appear,” a piece of paper that states their court date. This is nothing but a piece of paper with a court date and a couple of signatures. An 8-year old could probably forge it!

This isn’t an exaggeration… this is the new TSA policy. So, we now live in a world where terrorists can just walk across the border and then board an airplane, absolutely no questions asked.

This is unacceptable. We are advertising this to the world, giving terrorists a blueprint to get into the United States and onto a commercial airline without ever having to prove their identities.

What on earth is wrong with this country? The TSA is more than willing to give elderly American passengers a cavity search, but illegal aliens can get on flights without even providing ID.

http://conservative-daily.com/2014/08/24/terrorists-take-advantage-of-our-open-borders/

The -to-Appear-Forms"]show a government-issued photo ID[/url] when trying to board an airplane. Instead of forcing these illegals to show passengers a cavity search, but illegal aliens can get on flights without even providing ID.

who cares? More people were struck by lightening than were killed by terrorists in the US...

who cares? More people were struck by lightening than were killed by terrorists in the US...

You can't even mock right. Get your facts straight. Also, don't switch words around like you did in the quote above. Have you considered filing suit against your Mom, just for having you?

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2014/09/12/obama-chief-of-staff-pledges-amnesty-after-election-2/?subscriber=1

From the comments section:

Comment by roadkill58

September 12, 2014 @ 12:10 pm

Once amnesty happens then what laws can I ignore because I think they are unjust? How about gun control laws for instance or environmental laws because they deny me the right to use my land as I see fit. Let’s all ignore the drug laws because it is my body and I can do with it as I wish. This used to be a nation of laws now it is a nation of grifters who take what they want without consequence. Has it ever occured to any of the pro-amnesty crowd that if these criminals don’t respect our immigration laws why should they respect any other law after all assimilation is accepting the laws and customs of your new home. The goal is to turn America into a northern province of Mexico.

From the article:

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama will act on his own by year's end to remake the nation's fractured immigration system, and he will go as far as he can under the law, the White House chief of staff told frustrated Latino lawmakers Thursday.

Chief of staff Denis McDonough made the commitments in a closed-door meeting at the Capitol with members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. Like other Latinos and immigrants rights' activists the lawmakers were fuming over Obama's decision Saturday, made under pressure from endangered Senate Democrats, to put off promised executive action on immigration until after November's midterm elections.

In Thursday's meeting, according to lawmakers who attended, McDonough heard out their concerns and renewed the president's commitment to act — pledging under lawmakers' questions that it would happen even if Democrats lose the Senate, the political environment turns worse and Obama once again faces calls to put off his decision.

"We told him we were mad, we thought for sure he was going to act because he said he would, we're very upset about that," said Rep. Juan Vargas, D-Calif. "At the same time we got the promise that he's going to act as generously as he possibly can before the end of the holiday season."

McDonough told reporters, "It was good to catch up with the caucus and underscore to them our continuing commitment to resolve the challenges with our broken immigration system and underscore to them that the president will act on this before the end of the year."

From me:

Enforce the present laws and we wouldn't have a fabricated immigration crisis you morons!

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama will act on his own by year's end to remake the nation's fractured immigration system, and he will go as far as he can under the law, the White House chief of staff told frustrated Latino lawmakers Thursday.

That sentence alone makes me laugh out loud...

1) It's fractured because the President selectively enforces it.

2) He's already going beyond the law in ignoring it and not enforcing it.

2) He's already shown with the ACA that he believes "as far as he can under the law" means he can pretend it doesn't exist.

That sentence alone makes me laugh out loud...

1) It's fractured because the President selectively enforces it.

2) He's already going beyond the law in ignoring it and not enforcing it.

2) He's already shown with the ACA that he believes "as far as he can under the law" means he can pretend it doesn't exist.

Oh, now the immigration systems mess is all Obama's fault? :rolleyes:

Oh, now the immigration systems mess is all Obama's fault? :rolleyes:

Stop being such a fool. The immigration system's been a mess since 1992, at least, and 2002 at the very latest (lest you forget, Bush DID put forth a sensible and practical immigration reform plan, which the Republicans submarined because the idiots freak at anything resembling "amnesty.") Obama's just taking the suck in new and different directions, with his "I don't need Congress to write the laws when I've got a phone and a pen" authoritarianism.

Note the difference between Bush and Obama: Bush couldn't get his plan through Congress, and it died. Obama can't get his through Congress, so he ignores Congress and rewrites existing law. That's how execrable Obama is: he's making Bush look like a "rule of law" president. :wallbash:

Stop being such a fool. The immigration system's been a mess since 1992, at least, and 2002 at the very latest (lest you forget, Bush DID put forth a sensible and practical immigration reform plan, which the Republicans submarined because the idiots freak at anything resembling "amnesty.") Obama's just taking the suck in new and different directions, with his "I don't need Congress to write the laws when I've got a phone and a pen" authoritarianism.

Note the difference between Bush and Obama: Bush couldn't get his plan through Congress, and it died. Obama can't get his through Congress, so he ignores Congress and rewrites existing law. That's how execrable Obama is: he's making Bush look like a "rule of law" president. :wallbash:

Wish I didn't waste 10 seconds reading that... :death: