Wow...I must be such a homer...USA Projections

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until prove otherwise this is what we should expect!

Have a winning season and all these lemmings will be trying to jump on our bandwagon

Point taken, but while I'm not predicting a Super Bowl season, I am not expecting 3-13 either.

You are a lot more negative on this team than I. I don't see either the Browns or Chiefs beating the Bills at home. The Bills have owned the Chiefs and should have beaten them with Tuel last year. I would say Cleveland at home is a win, Cleveland on the road a loss. They split with the Jets last year and while both teams improved I think that the Bills improved more (but it's close). Oakland is bad but I didn't count that because it was a road game. New England isn't unbeatable, SD only won like 7 games despite being a playoff team so at home it is winnable. They beat Miami twice last year with Thad under center and Houston finished last in the NFL last year.

I am not saying that the Bill will win 12 games but 3 just seems impossible.

To be fair, I'm not making any in stone predictions. I've said all off season that I think our talent has improved, but with coaching and our schedule, I can see us having either a worse record, or the same record.

I sure as hell hope that doesn't happen. I want badly to be rooting for a winning team. It'd be exciting.

Neither am I

9-7 for me

same

The Bills have the best RB tandem in the East, and arguably the best WR corps now. An improved O line, and with some better play calling along with some better QB play they might just be fighting for the division at the end of the season.

I unfortunately listen to him every day at work because we don't have local shows on during his gig. He is annoying as heck but he does know his NFL and tends to be on target.

do you have the ability to stream internet at work?

Few things on this board more entertaining than people getting worked up over some Hot Pockets prediction in a McNewspaper.

somebody has to go 3-13 it might as well be us. At least we will be out of the 6-10 rut.

I'm drooling over the prospects of getting our hands on that 33rd pick next year!

Julio Jones only played 13 games as a rookie. If you spread those numbers over another 3 games you are looking at 71 catches, 1180 yards & 9 TDs. That is more than I am expecting this season from Sammy. The numbers in my head 70 catches, 1029 yards and 8 TDs.

Those numbers would be awesome, but you realized Julio missed those three games because he was injured, right? Injuries tend to happen to rookies because, you know, they're rookies. Especially things like hamstrings, which I believe was Julio's injury early on that year (multiple games over different weeks - 6,7 and 10).

Sammy may turn out to be a good (or great) player, but I think its unfair to him to expect anything other than being a rookie this year.

same

The Bills have the best RB tandem in the East, and arguably the best WR corps now. An improved O line, and with some better play calling along with some better QB play they might just be fighting for the division at the end of the season.

I am right there with you. I think that they will be somewhere between about 7-9 and 10-6. This Bills team is talented. If the QB play is even average they should be in the mix.

Those numbers would be awesome, but you realized Julio missed those three games because he was injured, right? Injuries tend to happen to rookies because, you know, they're rookies. Especially things like hamstrings, which I believe was Julio's injury early on that year (multiple games over different weeks - 6,7 and 10).

Sammy may turn out to be a good (or great) player, but I think its unfair to him to expect anything other than being a rookie this year.

I do not expect quite those numbers. At the same time I do not expect Watkins to get hurt. That kid has a really good build. Obviously things happen but there is no reason that we should expect less than 16 games.

One of the biggest jokes in this article I see is that they have Indy going to the Super Bowl for the AFC. Granted, Andrew Luck is very good, and the AFC South is very weak, so they will be going to the playoffs. I just don't think they compare in any way to the big boys. When you have a spectacular QB, but absolutely nothing else, you're kinda screwed. Kinda like how if you are good everywhere but QB...

One of the biggest jokes in this article I see is that they have Indy going to the Super Bowl for the AFC. Granted, Andrew Luck is very good, and the AFC South is very weak, so they will be going to the playoffs. I just don't think they compare in any way to the big boys. When you have a spectacular QB, but absolutely nothing else, you're kinda screwed. Kinda like how if you are good everywhere but QB...

Exactly. They did pick up some guys in FA but their last couple drafts have been awful outside of Luck and Hilton. This year's draft may be better, we'll see, but they have had to spend a lot in FA because their drafts have been so poor and they didn't even have a 1st rounder this year. Mewhort was a reach in the 2nd, IMO. Plus the Irsay thing hanging over them. Luck deserves better.

Its funny because everyone (including myself) is being conservative with the record because of 2nd year EJ Manuel

what if EJ ends up being the BEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD?

What then?

then we could go 13-3, but i think it would be an unreasonable expectation.

Its funny because everyone (including myself) is being conservative with the record because of 2nd year EJ Manuel

What then?

Everyone will say it was a fluke year and he will break his neck going through his reads in year 3. Since he's injury prone and all.

What then?

Then I will be absolutely thrilled to be wrong about my conservative expectations.