Fred Jackson-Real Deal, Real Bill

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until someone takes it away. Fred is the MVP of the Bills offense.

Darned tootin !

The running backs by commitee should be brutal behind those monsters manning O line, and lining up with the receivers that need respect. Dont forget Moores MO.

Dont block ? No Rock !!

The run game should be fun to watch. Fred is going to tear it up , and even CJ will start running in the a b gaps

Edited by 3rdand12

I love Fred as much as anyone, and on third and two there's nobody else I'd hand the ball to, but it does seem to me as though he's slowing down noticeably.

freddy's game is not as a speedster. he makes the most of what is there and often times something out of nothing. he will not outrun or juke many but with a head of steam and a view of what lies ahead he is still incredibly dangerous. if this o-line can open some holes and give him a clean first few steps...man, i would love to see that!

What a player. Watching that I wonder what he might have done on the Super Bowl bills in Thurman's place. Not taking anything away from the great Thurman, but just thinking how little credit Fred gets and in a different setting I think he could have had a hall of fame career (say like Terrell Davis's situation).

That being said Thurman beats out Fred on durability by quite a bit.

freddy's game is not as a speedster. he makes the most of what is there and often times something out of nothing. he will not outrun or juke many but with a head of steam and a view of what lies ahead he is still incredibly dangerous. if this o-line can open some holes and give him a clean first few steps...man, i would love to see that!

Exactly. You may not be able to teach a player speed but you also can't teach heart. Give me 53 players with the heart of Fred jackson and I show you a Super Bowl winning team.

I love Fred as much as anyone, and on third and two there's nobody else I'd hand the ball to, but it does seem to me as though he's slowing down noticeably.

That's nonsense. All he does is produce when he's out there...same as he has his whole career. Like most, I watch every snap of every game. It is patently false to state that he has slowed down or lost a step.

What more do you want? A touchdown on every rush?

That's nonsense. All he does is produce when he's out there...same as he has his whole career. Like most, I watch every snap of every game. It is patently false to state that he has slowed down or lost a step.

What more do you want? A touchdown on every rush?

I agree with 98% of this. Jackson is the best RB on the Bills and the Captain of that offense. He literally won the game against Carolina last year by not catching a 2 yard pass to him by EJ which would have ran about 15 seconds off the clock if not more. But what worries me is the Goal line situation. Tuel should have never passed on third down, but Fred couldn't punch it in from the 1 yard line twice. Fred is my favorite player, I don't see him slowing down, his intelligence for the game is above most, but he struggles on the goal line IMO. Cheers

I agree with 98% of this. Jackson is the best RB on the Bills and the Captain of that offense. He literally won the game against Carolina last year by not catching a 2 yard pass to him by EJ which would have ran about 15 seconds off the clock if not more. But what worries me is the Goal line situation. Tuel should have never passed on third down, but Fred couldn't punch it in from the 1 yard line twice. Fred is my favorite player, I don't see him slowing down, his intelligence for the game is above most, but he struggles on the goal line IMO. Cheers

I think Marrpne and Whaley are about to solve that short yardage issue with the draft and C Williams.

Fred had to have some sunshine to get in there. cant block and run !

Well not at the same time : )

The Bills will have the best running game in the NFL this year.

Its very possible ! And ArtMalibu i must agree with you " Lean " is a great term :thumbsup:

Fred is to this team what Kevin Faulk was to the Pats, x10. He's a stabilizer and the most dependable guy they have. He'll never be AP or Barry Sanders, but he is as steady as they come and he is tough to take down.

I like the nickname FredEx. He in fact delivers.

I think comparing him Faulk isn't giving him enough credit. You could take Faulk off those teams and they would still win as many games IMO. He has been our Welker (little engine that makes the offense work) frankly our Brady (best offensive player for years) though obviously Brady has far more impact.

We have some other talent at RB but Jackson has been the cornerstone of our offense for years. Take away Spillers 2012 (breakout?, fluke?) year and there wouldn't be any question who has been the bils best offfensive player this decade.

On the speed issue I do think he was faster in the past. Back when he was backing up lynch we would call him fast Freddie every time he got the ball. I don't see that now but I think he has gotten stronger over time.