Fred Jackson-Real Deal, Real Bill

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the opponents who have been most familiar with what the guy offers will be ready and willing to offer him a contract, first. I can totally see NE doing what NE does - making the most of a useful role player and putting him in a position to succeed. Let's not let it get to that.

In the nightmare scenario that Fred were to become a Boston Patriot, Hoodie would save him for December and unleash a well rested Fred for the end of season and Playoffs.

Really? You haven't been watching have you this offseason? Whaley is making this HIS Team. He was at least here when we drafted CJ if I remember, even if not lets do some FACT checking shall we? Jackson has 1 year left on his contract and is by far the oldest RB.

Next Whaley Brought in Dixon and traded for Brown, both are younger.

Seems to me the older guy who Whaley had nothing to do with in bringing to Buffalo in the place is the first man out. Last year on his contract, old, and the new GM has brought in TWO RB's of his own. And lets be honest here RB's aren't getting huge contracts so CJ may re sign or not re sign. In reality CJ is auditioning for Whaley and Marrone to see if he can fit on this team going forward.

Did you think Stevie another one of the Bills feel good stories would actually be traded? I did, go look it up. I said for weeks leading up to the draft his ass is trade bait during the draft. I am saying right now, Jackson most likely will be cut at the end of the preseason if Dixon and Brown are producing. I can say this because my entire fandom I look at this team from a coaching/ objective point of view. I don't care about feel good stories, I care about production and Jackson is old, slowing down and bottom line... not one of Whaley's picks.

The thought of cutting Fred Jackson and his high production/low salary just because we brought in two RB's is insane........just insane.

You dont get better by cutting a Fred Jackson off your team....and frankly the bills dont have a track record of "keep your mouth shut.....play at a high level....team leader" type guys.......and thats Fred

The Fred situation will eventually take care of itself......

If the bills are smart...they will platoon Spiller, Jackson, and Bryce Brown to keep all the backs healthy

If they make the mistake of running Spiller or Jackson into the ground....Bryce Brown will see his touches pick up later in the year

In the nightmare scenario that Fred were to become a Boston Patriot, Hoodie would save him for December and unleash a well rested Fred for the end of season and Playoffs.

Ok, I just threw up in my mouth on that thought. It's a good point though given Belicheck is very comfortable picking up people for a year at the end of their career.