Fred Jackson-Real Deal, Real Bill

We wouldn't. Some people just like to get a rise out of this board.

Really? You haven't been watching have you this offseason? Whaley is making this HIS Team. He was at least here when we drafted CJ if I remember, even if not lets do some FACT checking shall we? Jackson has 1 year left on his contract and is by far the oldest RB.

Next Whaley Brought in Dixon and traded for Brown, both are younger.

Seems to me the older guy who Whaley had nothing to do with in bringing to Buffalo in the place is the first man out. Last year on his contract, old, and the new GM has brought in TWO RB's of his own. And lets be honest here RB's aren't getting huge contracts so CJ may re sign or not re sign. In reality CJ is auditioning for Whaley and Marrone to see if he can fit on this team going forward.

Did you think Stevie another one of the Bills feel good stories would actually be traded? I did, go look it up. I said for weeks leading up to the draft his ass is trade bait during the draft. I am saying right now, Jackson most likely will be cut at the end of the preseason if Dixon and Brown are producing. I can say this because my entire fandom I look at this team from a coaching/ objective point of view. I don't care about feel good stories, I care about production and Jackson is old, slowing down and bottom line... not one of Whaley's picks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of your points I agree with except for him getting cut. I too felt that it was time to move on from Stevie, look it up if you like it's documented. Fred is still more than productive and it would send the wrong message to the team. Keeping the chemistry in a locker room is important, especially to a team that is on the rise. I don't expect Fred to be here AFTER this year but he's firmly entrenched in this rotation of RBs that we have. Btw, Dixon over Fred??? Not by a LONG shot, even though Fred is in his twilight. I would hold you to your assessments but you provided yourself with a clause, based on what Brown and Dixon is doing. I'll be more definitive, Fred will be here for THIS season uneqivocally. Bookmark this post if you like, I'm more than confident in my statements in this "feel good" thread.

Really? You haven't been watching have you this offseason? Whaley is making this HIS Team. He was at least here when we drafted CJ if I remember, even if not lets do some FACT checking shall we? Jackson has 1 year left on his contract and is by far the oldest RB.

Seems to me the older guy who Whaley had nothing to do with in bringing to Buffalo in the place is the first man out. Last year on his contract, old, and the new GM has brought in TWO RB's of his own. And lets be honest here RB's aren't getting huge contracts so CJ may re sign or not re sign. In reality CJ is auditioning for Whaley and Marrone to see if he can fit on this team going forward.

Did you think Stevie another one of the Bills feel good stories would actually be traded? I did, go look it up. I said for weeks leading up to the draft his ass is trade bait during the draft. I am saying right now, Jackson most likely will be cut at the end of the preseason if Dixon and Brown are producing. I can say this because my entire fandom I look at this team from a coaching/ objective point of view. I don't care about feel good stories, I care about production and Jackson is old, slowing down and bottom line... not one of Whaley's picks.

It's not about feel good stories. It's about which players the head coach feels he can depend on. FredEx has proven his value and dependability to multiple regimes, including Marrone's.

Bringing in other contributors is a way to hedge against injuries, plan for the future (which of course someday will not include FJ), and address deficiencies like those in goal-line situations where Fred was really the only option, and not the best one.

I think you're overestimating the relevance of this "new regime" situation with Whaley. Whaley has been here for a few years now and Fred is no stranger to him.

I think CJ would be the one to go if Dixon and Brown are "whaleys guys" Cj might get something in return. Let Fred play out till retirement. Tell him its his last year and let him decide how to go out .

Geez i hope this doesnt get ugly . How they handle Fred really affects how i feel about the Bills. I understand its a business but any one in the organization knows what Mr Jackson has given to this team . His whole heart and body.

i dont want to read this anymore so i will shut up

There are teams that need what Fred has to offer. If cut, I sincerely hope those teams aren't from the AFC East.

IMO the opponents who have been most familiar with what the guy offers will be ready and willing to offer him a contract, first. I can totally see NE doing what NE does - making the most of a useful role player and putting him in a position to succeed. Let's not let it get to that.

This is going to be interesting as Summers did nice job. Maybe ST play decides Dixon or Summers. I'd like to keep them both but i'm greedy

Dixon will definitely get a lot of ST play. I'd like to keep Summers too, but I don't think it will happen.

Anthony Dixon is going to surprise some Bills fans. He's a beast off a RB.....power baby!

Totally agree. He's one tough RB.

All this talk of Fred being cut, IMO is nonsense. Fred is still a very capable running back, with excellent pass blocking and leadership qualities. I honestly believe if it comes down to CJ or Fred, they keep Fred. CJ lost us the opening game last year. It was the 2nd play for the Bills, Ball on the Bills 11, opening day, against NE, with a rookie QB. What does our starting RB do? He coughs up the football without even being touched. Luckily the defense held NE to a field goal. The Bills loose the game by 2. This is a prime example of what Marrone and Whaley want to change. These plays are classic bills plays and are a prime example of why the bills have not made the playoffs in 14 years. CJ played with a lot of heart last year. I think that saved his job and earned ahim nother chance this year.

I counted on the SJ13 trade. I counted on the Watkins pick. I don't see the tea limbs reading the same with FJackson. If anything I see CJ Spiller traded.

If we do well and finish just out of the playoffs at 9-7 and look strong the FO may stay. They will know they need talent and most imoortantly where. Theywill ttrade Spiller to get back to the first round pick again.

Our roster is pretty easy to figure out this year save for a couple mid grade backups at just a few positions - OL AND LB/DE.

I think last year the staff was excited about having CJ and we're planning on making Fred the backup, but Fred ended up putting the team on his back several times and was the true leader of our offense. I don't see them cutting Fred.

I think last year the staff was excited about having CJ and we're planning on making Fred the backup, but Fred ended up putting the team on his back several times and was the true leader of our offense. I don't see them cutting Fred.

Well Nate sure was !

But I agree on your points

I counted on the SJ13 trade. I counted on the Watkins pick. I don't see the tea limbs reading the same with FJackson. If anything I see CJ Spiller traded.

If we do well and finish just out of the playoffs at 9-7 and look strong the FO may stay. They will know they need talent and most imoortantly where. Theywill ttrade Spiller to get back to the first round pick again.

Our roster is pretty easy to figure out this year save for a couple mid grade backups at just a few positions - OL AND LB/DE.

agree here too !

we will have the top rushing attack in the NFL this year and if that happens and EJ steps up guess what...

PLAYOFFS!!

This is what i see happening .

Love your attitude .

No way FJ gets cut. Depending on how he does this year they may even re-sign him for two more. (Yes at age 32). It all depends on how the season unfolds, and although you do make some valid points, you lost me when you said he would be cut.

Jackson was notably faster and quicker last season than the previous season. He was also the best offensive player on the team, and it wasn't even close. Also, like many here, I thought the chances for a Stevie Johnson trade (or cut, failing a trade) were very high.

Edited by dave mcbride

Fred Jackson will be a Bill as long as he remains productive. His leadership, blocking, receiving, vision, balance, and toughness are off the charts. Fred still averaged 4.3 yards per carry for nearly 900 rushing yards last year, and with (hopefully) an improved line that should only increase.

I agree with 98% of this. Jackson is the best RB on the Bills and the Captain of that offense. He literally won the game against Carolina last year by not catching a 2 yard pass to him by EJ which would have ran about 15 seconds off the clock if not more. But what worries me is the Goal line situation. Tuel should have never passed on third down, but Fred couldn't punch it in from the 1 yard line twice. Fred is my favorite player, I don't see him slowing down, his intelligence for the game is above most, but he struggles on the goal line IMO. Cheers

Which is why we picked up Dixon in the off season.