The Chris Simms Interview.

Simms showed a deep and detailed knowledge about the Bills, a rarity among the national many local analysts. Go to the Bills website and you can listen to the segment.

Fixed

Before the bashing of the kid starts, Many great coaches, analysts were former athletes that weren't great at the pro level. This is seen in all sports, I don't seen Montana, Elway, Kelly etal being great coaches they just dont have it. Kelly tried to be on ESPN but Hunters issues side tracked that but honestly he wasn't that good at it.

So Who knows maybe Chris Simms can be one of the better analysts out there. He has played the sport his entire life, been around and in pro football so he brings an insight many 'Experts' out there don't have. I will say this, I was very impressed at how well he knew the Bills and that he feels this team objectively is on the rise.

See: Hasselbeck, Tim.

Before the bashing of the kid starts, Many great coaches, analysts were former athletes that weren't great at the pro level. This is seen in all sports, I don't seen Montana, Elway, Kelly etal being great coaches they just dont have it. Kelly tried to be on ESPN but Hunters issues side tracked that but honestly he wasn't that good at it.

So Who knows maybe Chris Simms can be one of the better analysts out there. He has played the sport his entire life, been around and in pro football so he brings an insight many 'Experts' out there don't have. I will say this, I was very impressed at how well he knew the Bills and that he feels this team objectively is on the rise.

Can we find out how he thought last season would turn out?

Did the Buffalo Bills draft a pair of knees for EJ Manuel?

No.

Did the Buffalo Bills draft a competent coaching staff?

No.

6-10

Plus the Bills did nothing to prepare for impending jihad. The Bills could draft Hall of Famers at every position but what will it matter when they're sentenced to death for apostasy?

It seems like the ex-players really love the trade/pick of Watkins. I watched the ESPN version of the draft that I had on DVR as I had watched it live on NFLN, and Ray Lewis was yelling "Home. Run." and said he thought he was the best player in the draft.

I mostly stuck with the NFLN feed during the draft. But since you mentioned Ray Ray, after I reviewed the DVR for the ESPN 1st round coverage, I have to say I was mildly surprised to see Lewis stationed on the set with Mel, Gruden, and Boomer.

There is no doubt #52 is one of the all-time greats at his (or any) position. But when ESPN hired him, I probably had some of the same preconceived notions of his TV prospects as many of you – undeserving, murder accomplice, etc.

I came away very impressed with what Lewis had to offer to the broadcast & what his thoughts were on each player. He thoroughly explained his convictions – ok sorry, poor choice of words there – on top guys like Watkins and Mack. All in all, he was far more informative and insightful than Gruden, who basically only offered a “Gee, I think they should take Johnny Football” as each selection came due.

And back to the topic of this thread, if you are at all optimistic about the direction of the Bills unde the Dougs, the interview with Chris Simms is a must-listen. I am now a fan of his broadcast work, and will hunt him down on twitter.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp