Eric Wood on Sirius at 8:00 PM

Eric welcome to the show...

How are you?

Good, appreciate having me on.

Got to be an exciting time, a lot goign on with this football team, a lot of discussion when adding people to only make you, help you be better at what your'e doing, another OL in to the mix, a big guy at that, and tin ths draft a wr... and as you look and seeing whats going on how exciuted are you?

i'm very ecitied, big leaps, with coach hacket, as our oc, and our no huddle we were rusty with, we'll have all those ironed out and start year faster. big time play makeer watkcins nothing but impressed withim. no much going against the d now, wows oyu with ball skills and athleticsm

we got cyrul and and terrel richard, and henderson,who was extemrely talented, hug ebody.

a lot of competition on the team that will make us only better

on ej's development

he seems a lot more compfortable, really embrases that qb role getting yus together, in them eetings and drills, made a big step came down to ken derby, a lot of qb's made that step in their career, he has. i'm expceted big things, we threw him to the wolves, against ne played really well. we gotta keep him on his feet, no unncessarry shots, he'll have a great year forus

on welkers ponies or something lame...

i didn't give it back, my experience with gambling, they're never going to give you...

me::::blablala, they're ponies, i don't care. talk football.

eric, back to ej manuel, that relationship between ceneter and qb, and you can defineas much as anyone, what are somethings you have or you individual or ythe line has done, the guy who has instilled those early informative years. is it... can you say certain things, point out cetain things. waslk us thru the relationship

get the run game going, helps any qb. i'm vocal, i can help him with some calls, this offseason he's got a great hold of the offense, a lot of teams were playing up last year diff, most teams owul mess with hhim a little bit. he's put a lot of time doing iit, as far as calls go we are goign to give him the reins, when the OC is going to make the call but if we make a last min switch, it messes his hot read, that kind of huert him last year. with him growing up, in this qb awareness, he'll do a great job stepping in to this role

as long as were in the same role, it'llb e good for everyone

on buffalo bills future in buffalo and ralph passing

you know it concerns me i'm home owner in buffalo, i like the aera, team is valueable to area, not sure how it'd survive without the team here, it's an identity, not a something i can be concerned with, nothing i can control over, just worry about my business, i would love to see the team stay here, and were doing some stadium renovations that'll be appealing i hope, they see this region like us coaches and players, we hope they like it.

it could be a long time before the bills leave, you still look at the different people and owner a new owner brings in his own people? does that creep in to your thoughts or teammates? talk about it? wonder?

i'd be lying if i didn't say i talked about it, i have thought about it, havent' talked to other guys, puts us in a win now mode. thats before ralph passing, 14 years without playoffs, time is now, extremely talented roster, time for us to make moves, without some wins and a new owner a lot of us could be potentially looking for an ew job, there is pressure to win and that is a good thing.

fastest way to win is win division, how much have you gained on the pats?

we'll be ab etter team this year, that hopefully puts us in a place to win the division going on six years weve been close, hopefully 2014 we do, finis them out, put them on the ropes, and not put it back in toms hands, i think we're getting lcose hopefully by the end of training i will have confidence we will...

())))))))wtf is that, he literally said that, by end of camp??)

thoguhts on marone setting tone:

what have you ntoiced, etc....

since day doug marrone got here he brought a gareat energy, our rworkouts got toughter in offseason, practicxes faster paced, meetings more energyiesze. makes you look forward to meeting, dougs like us, ready to win now. i was a little ticked off we didn't do better last year, a lot of the opportunity we had last year we let slip away, everyone is taking a business approach where it is just about winning.

the phyiscal nature of this OL... make holes, project eeeejjjjjjjj. we had joe staley on earlier, asked about the sf line...you had that same approach in b-lo...

we had the second most rushing yeards last year, we want number 1 this year, we got a lot better, we struggled starting it off, we prided ourselves for years on how well we runned the balls, week in and week all, we got a stable of runn backs that are really awesome, with anthony dixon,blablasdf pretty exciting backfield

i liked fitz in tenn. you like him in houston?

yeah i like him, i like him down there, close firend, good teammate. good fit, hopefully he can go in there and not exactly sure where is in on depth chart but he's proabbly running with 1's. smart, fun to play with, hard core competetiion. he will win you games.

thanks for taking time with us...he is eric wood, center fo the buffalo bills...

ok Bullet points:

His comment on hoping he will have confidence after the training camp, i don't know. doesn't feel great.

I liked that he spoke so well of Fitz. I like Fitz and I like Wood. but i love gugny.

His mentioning that the bills are faster this year then last year was not meant to mean with speed, he was speaking with regard to how faster they're making snaps.

It seems like EJ's getting some good hype. Between him and Marrone, it sounds like people are buying in to two of the most important people on the team. That's good.

#ItypeFAST

Edited by jboyst62

Good recap, that was a long interview to cover.

That was a GREAT interview - it helped that it was Carucci who actually knows a little something about the Bills! Sounds like EJ is much more comfortable with the O this year (and, as said, will have full rein to make all the calls - last year the Oline was). I like the part when he talked about Fitz - not sure how ANY fan could dislike that guy.

Re the training camp confidence question, it sounded to me like he meant he'll just have a *real* view of how close they are to competing for the division once the team is actually set, after TC.

That was a GREAT interview - it helped that it was Carucci who actually knows a little something about the Bills! Sounds like EJ is much more comfortable with the O this year (and, as said, will have full rein to make all the calls - last year the Oline was). I like the part when he talked about Fitz - not sure how ANY fan could dislike that guy.

Re the training camp confidence question, it sounded to me like he meant he'll just have a *real* view of how close they are to competing for the division once the team is actually set, after TC.

You realize I type that as they go, right?

The really, really good interviews or the important ones I usually post up somewhere or get word for word.

I can understand the knock for "by the end of training camp" comment but we have guys that can play Oline but don't know if they will start. If we get guys to fill in the gaps at the line I'm sure his tone will be different.

I didn't hear the interview (thanks for the recap, Jeff) but if I had to guess, Wood knows that the starting OL will likely be different in at least one position, and possibly two, so he doesn't want to go overboard just yet. They need to gel and become a cohesive unit during camp.

Just my $.02...

Thx Jboy, much appreciated!

With regards to the TC remark, that's just being realistic especially with lots of changes going on at the line.

I'm more worried about this part however:

"a lot of the opportunity we had last year we let slip away, everyone is taking a business approach where it is just about winning."

That there tells me the whole winning thing atmosphere is far from established, he is basicly saying that his teammates care about their paychecks, future contracts and health more then they do about giving it their all to win.

Edited by bladiebla

I'm more worried about this part however:

"a lot of the opportunity we had last year we let slip away, everyone is taking a business approach where it is just about winning."

That there tells me the whole winning thing atmosphere is far from established, he is basicly saying that his teammates care about their paychecks, future contracts and health more then they do about giving it their all to win.

I think it's clear that winning has not been the main priority for a while now. It may be different now and I hope it is. The players get the same message from management fans do. If management is not totally committed to winning the players are going to look out for themselves more so than the team success.

I'm a bit confused by why you'd take issue with his comments about after training camp. Would you rather he just make some hollow comment about he's sure this will be their year? I'd rather he say exactly what he said. Give the guy a chance to see what the team will look like and maybe if everything comes together he will have the confidence that the Bills can finally climb the mountain.

I'm a bit confused by why you'd take issue with his comments about after training camp. Would you rather he just make some hollow comment about he's sure this will be their year? I'd rather he say exactly what he said. Give the guy a chance to see what the team will look like and maybe if everything comes together he will have the confidence that the Bills can finally climb the mountain.

Makes sense.

As a grizzled vet he's probably indicating much like Marrone, you don't know what you've really got until the pads go on.

The problem with Fitz, Trent etal. is Buffalo clings to feel good stories. They root for guys like the city. Problem is they were crap QB's. its past time for feel good stories and get guys who can flat play football. I have said for years I don't give a damn if any player lives in Buffalo, all I care about is WINNING.