Bills Trade 5th Round Pick (#149) to Tampa Bay

Makes a lot of sense. Whaley knows the league and seems to know what he wants and is not afraid to make a move.

Ah yes, the draft value chart that only fans use...So he had a bad game so he sucks?

You don't find it at all troubling a 6'5' 330 guy got pwned by a guy 6'1' 285? Also the general rule when you trade picks a year away is 1 round higher than what you gave away. for example a 2014 2nd round pick = 2015 1st round pick. I don't buy into this he's good because he moves around stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Polian just about always stand pat?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't find it at all troubling a 6'5' 330 guy got pwned by a guy 6'1' 285? Also the general rule when you trade picks a year away is 1 round higher than what you gave away. for example a 2014 2nd round pick = 2015 1st round pick. I don't buy into this he's good because he moves around stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Polian just about always stand pat?

Donald was drafted at #13, so no, I'm not too troubled that a guy we're drafting in the FIFTH round had difficulty handling him.

One game doesn't bother me and he's a 5th round G. What are you expecting? Who's general rule? Yours?

Edited by nucci

Donald was drafted at #13, so no, I'm not too troubled that a guy we're drafting in the FIFTH round had difficulty handling him.

Agreed.

Sounds like Donald is a guy you double team if it were a real game. Not shocking that a super quick top-10 talent beat a really big OG prospect.

If a guy could be really big/strong and really great against quick guys, then he would be drafted in the 1st round, not 5th.

One game doesn't bother me and he's a 5th round G. What are you expecting? Who's general rule? Yours?

It wasn't even "one game" so much as something that happened during the practice week.

Basically, he saw a gif that's going around of Donald plowing through Richardson in a drill. Zach Martin struggled against Donald during the practice week, too.

Edited by Punch

How about former GMs rule. That's what Casserly and Ted Sundquist say when I've seen them on NFLN. Not sure who I would have picked here McCarron maybe. I already said i would take Jace Amaro with the 2nd round pick and Tre Mason with the third.

Hey! These later picks are just wanta be's. See who makes the team and than tell Mr. W he is great. It's great to make changes but consistantsy in line play is what it's all about. And he better not mess with Spiller.

Agreed.

Sounds like Donald is a guy you double team if it were a real game. Not shocking that a super quick top-10 talent beat a really big OG prospect.

If a guy could be really big/strong and really great against quick guys, then he would be drafted in the 1st round, not 5th.

True

I like most of the moves, but this one puzzles me. There weren't two players left in the fifth that the Bills wanted so they picked up an extra seventh rounder? If there weren't two guys that you want in round five there sure as hell won't be in RD 7.

There are lots of players on their board with the exact same grade. I seriously doubt teams do very much to differentiate rounds 5, 6 and 7. He traded one pick for two, with a bigger benfit next year.

No drama here, nothing wrong with the trade either.

There are lots of players on their board with the exact same grade. I seriously doubt teams do very much to differentiate rounds 5, 6 and 7. He traded one pick for two, with a bigger benfit next year.

No drama here, nothing wrong with the trade either.

Exactly. There is very little difference from the 5th to the 7th and even the first level of the top paid UDFA.

There was a good interview with Nickell Robey last week on GR and he said the Bills started calling him in the 5th round saying they were interested in drafting him, and spoke to him a couple times during the draft, and then right after the draft Donnie Henderson convinced him to sign with the Bills as an UDFA, and he became a real contributor.

Aaron Donald tooled on everyone at the Senior Bowl. Especially during one-on-one blocking drills. What's your point? Richardson is known to have trouble against speed rushers, but is a road grater in the running game. He will do just fine as an interior lineman.

Exactly. There is very little difference from the 5th to the 7th and even the first level of the top paid UDFA.

There was a good interview with Nickell Robey last week on GR and he said the Bills started calling him in the 5th round saying they were interested in drafting him, and spoke to him a couple times during the draft, and then right after the draft Donnie Henderson convinced him to sign with the Bills as an UDFA, and he became a real contributor.

So basically for UDFAs the team tactic is to start acting like the hot girlfriend who will maybe make a date with you, but is a little busy this week and then next, but then will totally make out with you the following week?

So basically for UDFAs the team tactic is to start acting like the hot girlfriend who will maybe make a date with you, but is a little busy this week and then next, but then will totally make out with you the following week?

Seems like it. Although the hot girlfriend probably said that same thing to five other guys and then never made out with them, or they hit on another girl.