I can't believe we reached for EJ with this amazing class of QBs..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Football is going to have the proverbial chip and he has talent, don't dismiss him just because 32 teams did one round. He could Russel Wilson the world and turn out to be Fran Tarkenton 2.0.

He is nothing like Russell Wilson between the ears, unfortunately.

Not sure I understand the basis for the sarcasm. Manuel has shown almost nothing (yet). Manziel and Bortles have obviously shown nothing yet. The Browns ended up with 3 players in the first round, and by a combination of GM draft pick trading skill and luck ended up with what I have to believe are the exact players they wanted, including getting what some if not most believe was the best QB in the class. And in a position of their greatest need. And if that wasn't enough, ended up with an additional 1st round pick next year in the process.

No one knows how it will end up. But crowing about the Manuel pick last season seems premature at best.

Edited by CodeMonkey

:rolleyes:

There are a lot of them left & i think there will be some left in the late rounds due to there personal situations .

If Whaley is as smart of a football guy as it seems he is turning out to be then i think he will be smart enough to realize especially if a top performing QB is sitting there for the taking in a late round & is a value he can't pass up he will grab one as a really good back up plan .

Cause let's face it if you try to go on what we saw from EJ last year there's not a lot on that tape that say's

"This is Your Guy" !!

:rolleyes:

Fair enough...But none of them has played a down in the NFL yet...And EJ has only played 10 games...So it's not like this is over or anything...

For what it's worth I feel EJ is every bit as good a prospect as the 3 that went last night...And I think the crap spewed this year by old curmudgeons like Charlie Casserly is ridiculous... B-)

What 3 players did the Browns get?

Manziel

Justin Gilbert (CB)

Wow there were only 2! With all the wheeling dealing I thought there were 3!

(But you could say 3 if you include the Bills 1st next draft ;) )

Also, saw this quote while I was Googling ...

Within 25 minutes of Manziel's selection, the team had sold 200 new season tickets and had 300 renewed.

Seems like he is good for ticket sales if nothing else.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Cause let's face it if you try to go on what we saw from EJ last year there's not a lot on that tape that say's

"This is Your Guy" !!

80-yard TD drive in last 2:00 against Panthers' D in his 2nd pro start without the benefit of a full training camp?

They're taking away any excuses. If the guy can stay healthy, we'll know what we have soon enough.

Mr Football is going to have the proverbial chip and he has talent, don't dismiss him just because 32 teams did one round. He could Russel Wilson the world and turn out to be Fran Tarkenton 2.0.

I assume you mean 21 teams, including the one that drafted him.

The world is throwing hate at the Bills for what we gave up to get Watkins... yet I don't see anyone upset with the Browns. They did give up a 4th? to move up one slot (9-8)... which was a waste. Also, they moved up into the end of the first by giving up a 3rd. Two potential players they threw away for no reason.

Nobody in the world is talking about this.

I'm hoping we take one of Savage, McCaron, or Murry later in the draft. We need a backup plan now that we don't have a 1st round pick next year. However, perhaps Whaley is sensing a trend that good QB's are falling into the 2nd round, and figures that if EJ does not pan out next year, he can either acquire a veteran FA (anyone should be able to throw to this group of WR's!) or a rookie w/ the 2nd round pick next year.

Not sure I understand the basis for the sarcasm. Manuel has shown almost nothing (yet). Manziel and Bortles have obviously shown nothing yet. The Browns ended up with 3 players in the first round, and by a combination of GM draft pick trading skill and luck ended up with what I have to believe are the exact players they wanted, including getting what some if not most believe was the best QB in the class. And in a position of their greatest need. And if that wasn't enough, ended up with an additional 1st round pick next year in the process.

No one knows how it will end up. But crowing about the Manuel pick last season seems premature at best.

Shown nothing except for a great head on his shoulders and a nose for the end zone when the game is on the line, I agree, he's shown practically nothing against the Panthers, a second time against the Jets, against the Falcons (twice but his teammates hung him out to dry), a competitive debut against the best team in the division ten years running. Absolutely nothing.