RD1, Pick #4: WR Sammy Watkins - Clemson

Whenever we find out I think I may invest in that jersey.

My guess is 17. Apparently he stated he wants a number in the teens. He wore 7 early on in Clemson before going to 2.

I am also patiently with waiting to hear. I would wait til cuts though because sometimes they see someone get cut and prefer that number.

14 it is

10339719_301274500039263_2987172020103745869_n.jpg

Also per Sammy's Facebook:

Tune to NFL Network On the Clock: NFL Draft Journey Thurs. 5/15 at 9pm EST for an hour long special on my process through the NFL Draft

Also on 5/15 Total Access will be running a " Sammy Watkins First 48" piece focused on NFL Draft day/night and my next day with the Buffalo Bills

Edited by DrDareustein

14 it is

10339719_301274500039263_2987172020103745869_n.jpg

Also per Sammy's Facebook:

I like it!

14 is an interesting choice and I like he steered clear of Stevie's old number.

I actually like it better then 17 myself.

Can't wait to grab my Watkins jersey.. Only thing left is to decide whether to go home or away? Favoring a white one but the blue is definitely sharp

I like it!

14 is an interesting choice and I like he steered clear of Stevie's old number.

I actually like it better then 17 myself.

Can't wait to grab my Watkins jersey.. Only thing left is to decide whether to go home or away? Favoring a white one but the blue is definitely sharp

The Jerseys will also have the RCW patch on them.

I'm convinced more than ever that we should have only moved up two spots for Evans and kept the number one for next year.

My question then becomes who are you going to trade with? Oakland wanted Mack and Atlanta wanted Matthews. I'm willing to bet they were both content to stay and pick at their positions. This leaves a clear path for Evans to wind up in Tampa. Without trading up to 4, for Evans, I just don't see anywhere the Bills could move to get him. And if they are going to move to 4, why would they not take the #1 WR there, not Evans?

My question then becomes who are you going to trade with? Oakland wanted Mack and Atlanta wanted Matthews. I'm willing to bet they were both content to stay and pick at their positions. This leaves a clear path for Evans to wind up in Tampa. Without trading up to 4, for Evans, I just don't see anywhere the Bills could move to get him. And if they are going to move to 4, why would they not take the #1 WR there, not Evans?

I would guess that Atlanta would have trade down to the ninth pick. I don't think Tampa, Minnesota, or any team trading up to eight (as Cleveland did) would have done so for Matthews.

Edited by ny33

Yep. I thought the same thing as well.

I would guess that Atlanta would have trade down to the ninth pick. I don't think Tampa, Minnesota, or any team trading up to eight (as Cleveland did) would have done so for Matthews.

Someone else might have moved up. I doubt Altanta wanted to gamble.

There was an Interesting discussion on the JM show last night with guest host Sal C re the possible significance of the number 14 for Sammy ( or just fun coincidences):

Drafted in 2014

Drafted round 1, 4th pick

We traded a 1 and a 4 for him (or two 1s depending on how you look at it)

14 years out of playoffs will end this year

Sammy previously wore 2 and 7 in his career: 2 x 7 = 14

Are there others? I did not listen to the whole show.

Sorry if this already has been posted.

Edited by Peter

There was an Interesting discussion on the JM show last night with guest host Sal C re the possible significance of the number 14 for Sammy ( or just fun coincidences):

Drafted in 2014

2 TDs per game ;)

Though that's of course only 12 points...

Drafted in 2014

Those are things I pointed out the second he picked his number. Also: born June 14th.