RD1, Pick #4: WR Sammy Watkins - Clemson

The one part where I do disagree with that guy is that he said he'd never mortgage the future for a non QB. I would - if I had a QB in place...............I hope we do, but it's just hope right now.

Maybe we should consider Watkins and Cyril and Cyrus and Seantrel and Ran -Dell a surrounding cast. Whether it be for EJ ( we agree about hope) or next years trade up option .

thanks BBB .

The pick at nine was a tough place imho. just outside of the starters/impact players.Excluding QBs Bills went for the guy they thought was the best in the draft , i think. And happens to be a position of need in FO thinking .

geez we got alot riding on EJ but damn glad they are giving him every thing he needs from coaching to players .

Watkins will be the dynamic player he projected to be and more for whomever is calling plays or chucking the rock

Edited by 3rdand12

Can we please stop it with the mortgaging the future nonsense. They gave up 1 first round pick! This is nowhere near the RGIII trade.

I just wanted to use the same language the writer did.

Maybe we should consider Watkins and Cyril and Cyrus and Seantrel and Ran -Dell a surrounding cast. Whether it be for EJ ( we agree about hope) or next years trade up option .

thanks BBB .

The pick at nine was a tough place imho. just outside of the starters/impact players.Excluding QBs Bills went for the guy they thought was the best in the draft , i think. And happens to be a position of need in FO thinking .

geez we got alot riding on EJ but damn glad they are giving him every thing he needs from coaching to players .

Watkins will be the dynamic player he projected to be and more for whomever is calling plays or chucking the rock

:thumbsup:

The future was mortgaged when they selected Knee-J Manuel, not sammy.

well we had to do something !!!! and i know you are kidding. But that was smart drafting last year by the new regime

It was/is a reasonable attempt by the Bills.

No. I didn't have to think about it for a second. At all. They have Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin, two of the top player at their position...

About your point on Glennon: I absolutely love Glennon and think he'll be a star QB someday given the chance. He'll be the best QB out of his class, again, if given a chance. Hopefully Manuel can have something to say about that.

Doug Martin was crap last year then got hurt. I drafted him real high in a fantasy football league.

@SI_DougFarrar: New on SI: Sammy Watkins’ raw talent, limited route tree might be best fit for #Bills offense http://nfl.si.com/2014/06/02/sammy-watkins-buffalo-bills/…

This should be a new thread starter about the simple nature of the Bills offense. I think many people will miss this very interesting story because it's in this thread.

This should be a new thread starter about the simple nature of the Bills offense. I think many people will miss this very interesting story because it's in this thread.

I'll start one... mods feel free to merge if needed but I agree this topic hasn't been brought up on the offense.