Could Brandon, Whaley & Co be willing to bankrupt this year's

I am not saying that I would agree with this or saying that it would be the right thing to do. All I'm saying is that after reading an article on Pro Football Weekly I am now VERay suspicious of this current regime and what they may be up to.

With the uncertainly of knowing their future, could this regime be willing to go all in on this draft? Keep in mind that their mindset may very well not have the same intentions of the franchise and fanbase due to the pressure of winning now before they find themselves out of a job with whatever new owner lays down the pike.

With the Rams having 2 1st rd picks (#2 & #13 overall) and showing that they have been a willing trade partner with the Bills, could Brandon & Co be willing to trade this year's 2nd rder and 2 future 1st rd (2015 & 2016) picks for this year's #2 overall pick. If there were to be other compensation I don't think that it would be a whole bunch more than that, maybe a player more or another mid rd pick in either this year's draft or next.

If the Bills could secure something along those lines then there would still be enough ammunition left to take a shot at this year's #1 pick overall. Trading Houston our #9 pick and our 3rd rder in this year's draft and or 2nd rder in next year's draft should get us in the neighborhood of a trade compensation.

This article isn't the easiest to decipher but the bottom line is that no matter what the Bills decide on what to do I think that we all may be in for a huge surprise in tomorrow night's draft!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/07/bills-making-calls-about-a-trade-to-no-1-or-no-2/

Edited by Tipster19

I'm pretty sure the owner (Pegula) has already instructed Brandon, Whaley, and Marrone to swing for the fences in the effort to load up on generational players and has already assured them, like he did with Regier and Ruff, that they have his full confidence to run things.

GO BILLS!!!

I am not saying that I would agree with this or saying that it would be the right thing to do. All I'm saying is that after reading an article on Pro Football Weekly I am now VERay suspicious of this current regime and what they may be up to.

With the uncertainly of knowing their future, could this regime be willing to go all in on this draft? Keep in mind that their mindset may very well not have the same intentions of the franchise and fanbase due to the pressure of winning now before they find themselves out of a job with whatever new owner lays down the pike.

With the Rams having 2 1st rd picks (#2 & #13 overall) and showing that they have been a willing trade partner with the Bills, could Brandon & Co be willing to trade this year's 2nd rder and 2 future 1st rd (2015 & 2016) picks for this year's #2 overall pick. If there were to be other compensation I don't think that it would be a whole bunch more than that, maybe a player more or another mid rd pick in either this year's draft or next.

If the Bills could secure something along those lines then there would still be enough ammunition left to take a shot at this year's #1 pick overall. Trading Houston our #9 pick and our 3rd rder in this year's draft and or 2nd rder in next year's draft should get us in the neighborhood of a trade compensation.

This article isn't the easiest to decipher but the bottom line is that no matter what the Bills decide on what to do I think that we all may be in for a huge surprise in tomorrow night's draft!

http://profootballta...o-no-1-or-no-2/

Ummm FYI: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/167469-bills-lions-trying-to-trade-up-to/page__st__80#entry3123860

I'm pretty sure the owner (Pegula) has already instructed Brandon, Whaley, and Marrone to swing for the fences in the effort to load up on generational players and has already assured them, like he did with Regier and Ruff, that they have his full confidence to run things.

GO BILLS!!!

Pegula bought the Bills?

I appreciate you pointing that out because I didn't see it but what I'm saying is maybe they bankrupt this year's draft AND mortgage future picks to get BOTH the #1 and #2 overall picks in this year's draft.

Not a likely scenario at all.

I agree but what goes through their heads may very well not be the same things that goes through a conventional GM's head due to their situation.

Doe you have any valid information beyond speculation that would lend any credence to this win now at all future costs "situation"?

I agree but what goes through their heads may very well not be the same things that goes through a conventional GM's head due to their situation.

Thats wild and carazy.

Why the hell not ? Mack and Robinson ftw !

I have to believe -- and hope -- that the model for any trade to move up is not what Washington traded to the Rams to pick RGIII, but what the Dolphins traded last year to move up.

I have to believe -- and hope -- that the model for any trade to move up is not what Washington traded to the Rams to pick RGIII, but what the Dolphins traded last year to move up.

Came here to post exactly this

I'm going to lose my mind if they trade two future #1s

A 2015 #1 would make me very nervous to lose but I'll count to 10 and get past it... Two is insanity

Was Bennett worth it?

GO BILLS!!!

I'm 29 so you will have to excuse my ignorance a bit here... But I have to assume ppl were more sure about JK at the time than we are with EJ today.. Thus allowing for a "risky" trade like the Bennett deal?

Either way. Very excited for tomorrow and do truly trust the front office these days!

Go Bills

I'm 29 so you will have to excuse my ignorance a bit here... But I have to assume ppl were more sure about JK at the time than we are with EJ today.. Thus allowing for a "risky" trade like the Bennett deal?

Either way. Very excited for tomorrow and do truly trust the front office these days!

Go Bills

Of course. Kelly was a can't miss, blue chip prospect with two years of pro ball in a very competitive league behind him.

But that didn't give Polian the reason to trade for Bennett. The Bennett trade was made for one reason: to unseat Miami at the top of the division. The offense was still a work in progress and we were still a couple players away from becoming the machine we became.

You don't let fear run these decisions. It's about going for the brass ring if the opportunity presents itself. If they have identified that generational superstar talent to add to the squad, more power to them in trying to land him. Folks that say we are giving up an opportunity to draft EJ's replacement if he doesn't pan out this year don't seem to grasp the idea that there is ABSOLUTELY NO GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE IN A POSITION TO GET THAT GENERATIONAL QB NEXT YEAR.

I like the fact that they want to swing for the fences. Fortune favors the bold.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

http://www.bostonglo...bCQK/story.html

To read the original 2013 paper by Massey and Thaler, do this search on google - " Massey Thaler loser's curse 2013 ". The first link is to the pdf of the article. It breaks down why trading up is a bad idea and why high picks are overrated. I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but it's interesting. Richard Thaler is a smart guy.

Edited by dave mcbride