Why do YOU think the Bills will finish below .500?

Why will the Bills finish below .500?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What will prevent the team from making the playoffs?

• Quarterback play
    • Poor coaching (including coordinators)
    • Lack of depth across the roster
    • General pessimism: Have to see it to believe it first
    • Other

Yeah, the one he threw the WINNING TOUCHDOWN with 2 seconds left.

Way to go playing the "Yeah but" game. I'm sure you are the first to stick up for the Bills when they almost win games.

Like I said the one where the defense blew coverage on a 2 yard TD pass leaving Stevie wide open...way to go EJ

Way to pay attention

Edited by Max997

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you serious I'm the only one who thinks our offense of coordinator is in way over his head?

I am right there with you as he ran the same offense he ran at Syracuse with way too much of the same shotgun draw

As I was watching yet another NFL draft preview show, a thought occurred to me.

For the first time since Bledsoe was quarterbacking this offense, I feel relatively certain that the Buffalo Bills are going to make the playoffs this season.

I (personally) saw enough from EJ last year to think that not only can he succeed if he stays healthy, but him not staying healthy this previous year was due to bad luck.

The defense was stout, the kicking was solid, and offensively they looked like a young team loaded with weapons.

To me, this year, anything less than 9-7 would be an abject failure, and would absolutely shock me.

Hell, even the schedule is balanced and fair compared to years past.

But yet, I can't help but feeling that the majority of Bills fans thinks the team finishes 7-9 or worse this year. Why is that?

Speaking for myself:

1) Because if the Bills played any one of their up-coming regular season match-ups today, they would be considered underdogs in all but four of them.

2) EJ did not show me nearly enough to think he could be successful, if he stays healthy.

3) Our weakest position was at QB, and we have not improved that position.

4) One knee injury could, perhaps, be bad luck. It's hard to look at three knee injuries as bad luck.

5) The best thing about our team last season was our defense. Then we lost our DC, and our pro-bowl safety.

6) I haven't seen enough improvements in the offseason to warrant that large of a shift in our record.

The entire game of football is based on players making plays here and there, rarely are there games where one players dominates an entire game. It's a team sport, you need everyone to make plays here and there to win.

You cannot be serious with this. The QB needs to be able to consistently make plays

This team is to talented especially defensively to finish below .500. If they do,you can lay the blame squarely on he coaching staff. Unless of course they suffer an outlandish amount of injuries. And by outlandish I mean loslng 5 or 6 starters for extended amounts of times.

This team is to talented especially defensively to finish below .500. If they do,you can lay the blame squarely on he coaching staff. Unless of course they suffer an outlandish amount of injuries. And by outlandish I mean loslng 5 or 6 starters for extended amounts of times.

I agree as my biggest concerns with this team are Marrone, Hackett, EJ, and the run defense

What exactly did you see in EJ to make you think he ca succeed?

How can you say the defense was stout when they still couldn't stop the run?

I saw the Charlotte, New England, Atlanta, Jets, and Cleveland games. In those games EJ showed me enough to think he can succeed in the league. The defense couldn't stop the run or get off the field on many 3rd and long situations. The acquisition of Spikes will not only help the run defense, but his attitude will inject a bit of nastiness to the defense. This draft can help the Bills improve their team and make a playoff push.....Finally!

The defense couldn't stop the run and allowed too many 3rd and long situations to be completed. Yes, they were one of the top sack teams in the league but need another piece to make defense dominant!

Like I said the one where the defense blew coverage on a 2 yard TD pass leaving Stevie wide open...way to go EJ

Way to pay attention

All I know is what the scoreboard says, holmes.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Speaking for myself:

1) Because if the Bills played any one of their up-coming regular season match-ups today, they would be considered underdogs in all but four of them. Underdogs win all the time

2) EJ did not show me nearly enough to think he could be successful, if he stays healthy. For a rookie he showed enough.

3) Our weakest position was at QB, and we have not improved that position. Wrong it was LG then RT.

4) One knee injury could, perhaps, be bad luck. It's hard to look at three knee injuries as bad luck. One year out of all the years he's played, I'd call it a fluke not a trend.

5) The best thing about our team last season was our defense. Then we lost our DC, and our pro-bowl safety. Wrong #2 rushing offense, both RBs are back.

6) I haven't seen enough improvements in the offseason to warrant that large of a shift in our record. Plenty of talent added this offseason.

Way to pay attention

Ugh... You don't pay attention I was at that game in row3....

He drove the team 80 yards against one of the top defenses in the nfl. He had some key scrambles and got out after moving chains.

On the int that was overturned Stevie was coming open deep middle and the defender tackled him.... Throw was perfect.

Sure Blown coverage allowed for a td... So what? It was a lob Stevie would have had to make a contested catch for if not.

Minimize it all you want but it was clutch play from a rookie in his second game.

The kid can play football, no matter how much people choose to hate him. My only question is will he be a Game manager or is his ceiling higher....

Speaking for myself:

1) Because if the Bills played any one of their up-coming regular season match-ups today, they would be considered underdogs in all but four of them.Underdogs win all the time

Actually, underdogs win some of the time. It's not an enviable position.

2) EJ did not show me nearly enough to think he could be successful, if he stays healthy. For a rookie he showed enough

Enough? What he showed was inconsistency- when he was on the field.

3) Our weakest position was at QB, and we have not improved that position. Wrong it was LG then RT.

Our QB situation last season was horrific! How could anyone say differently?

4) One knee injury could, perhaps, be bad luck. It's hard to look at three knee injuries as bad luck. One year out of all the years he's played, I'd call it a fluke not a trend.

One year out of... ONE YEAR. Fluke?

5) The best thing about our team last season was our defense. Then we lost our DC, and our pro-bowl safety. Wrong #2 rushing offense, both RBs are back.

I will agree that our rushing offense was the best thing about our offense!

6) I haven't seen enough improvements in the offseason to warrant that large of a shift in our record. Plenty of talent added this offseason.

Plenty? As another poster pointed out, the acceptance of mediocrity by Bills fans is disturbing. Some good talent, sure. Plenty? How much is plenty? Enough to bring us back to the playoffs and out from under the bottom of our division?

I appreciate the optimism. But, I'll stick with pessimism and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Ugh... You don't pay attention I was at that game in row3....

He drove the team 80 yards against one of the top defenses in the nfl. He had some key scrambles and got out after moving chains.

On the int that was overturned Stevie was coming open deep middle and the defender tackled him.... Throw was perfect.

Sure Blown coverage allowed for a td... So what? It was a lob Stevie would have had to make a contested catch for if not.

Minimize it all you want but it was clutch play from a rookie in his second game.

The kid can play football, no matter how much people choose to hate him. My only question is will he be a Game manager or is his ceiling higher....

Please. Fred Jackson won them that game on the last drive. Everything was a checkdown and Fred made all the right plays driving down the field, including purposely dropping one to stop the clock. I do remember Manuel unnecessarily whipping the ball to CJ who was five yards away and wide open. The ball obviously bounced off him and landed exactly where no defender was. He got very lucky on the drive everyone points to.

And people also conveniently point to his apparent clutch play in the Atlanta game and leave out how he threw a horrible pass into a defenders arms that was dropped right before Stevie got stripped on the last drive.

Sorry to break it to some of you but EJ sucked pretty badly last year. It's ok to acknowledge that and still have hope that he can be a good qb in the future. It's been done before.

I can't remember the last guy who grew into being a franchise QB. Great players show up great and EJ is not that. I think his top end is an Alex Smith type where he manages the game and tries not to lose. He makes everyone nervous. But I voted 'other' because I think the Bills defense is a mirage. New scheme. Inconsistent and overrated "stars". Big loss at FS. I just don't see a drastic improvement in this defense, this year, as constituted.

I can't remember the last guy who grew into being a franchise QB. Great players show up great and EJ is not that. I think his top end is an Alex Smith type where he manages the game and tries not to lose. He makes everyone nervous. But I voted 'other' because I think the Bills defense is a mirage. New scheme. Inconsistent and overrated "stars". Big loss at FS. I just don't see a drastic improvement in this defense, this year, as constituted.

Did you see Peytons rookie season?

I think this is kind of the problem nowadays. Qbs never used to start their first season. They sat and learned the game over a season or two. Now we throw them in and expect immediate success. I wasn't a fan of Ej in college but I believe in our front office. They drafted him seeing an upside that I didn't. I saw two games that Ej played really poorly in. Pittsburgh and Tampa. I thought he played well enough or pretty well in others. I will gladly give him another season to show me what he's got

Carolina, the jets home game, and I believe he did pretty good in the Falcons game.

Those games could be flashes in the pan but there's no reason not to believe that his play in those games couldn't become the norm.

Did anyone remember the Carolina game play by play? EJ did bring us the victory, but only after he tried his damnedest to lose the game for us before it. It was a good game of his, sure. But we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves talking it up like it was a Brady/Manning like game.