Jeremy Hill - RB (FJ 2.0)

I saw this kid on Game Changers with Steve Mariucci. He is a highly rated running back from LSU. I swear this kid is a young Fred Jackson. They look to be abut the same size and have similar running styles. He even looks like Fred. Anyone else notice this?

I saw this kid on Game Changers with Steve Mariucci. He is a highly rated running back from LSU. I swear this kid is a young Fred Jackson. They look to be abut the same size and have similar running styles. He even looks like Fred. Anyone else notice this?

Except he's a complete idiot off the field and Fred is about as good of a guy as there is.

I was also very impressed with how Jeremy Hill looked on Game Changers. I know he’s had some baggage at LSU, but he really came across in the interview portion as very determined and matter of fact. Put it this way, he's far less of an idiot than Marshawn was/is.

I really don’t envision the Bills spending a late 1st or early 2nd to get him. But all I kept thinking about as I saw him move through bags was “Man, I’d like to have this guy on my team.” He looks tough and ready to contribute from day one. And I think he moves in and out of cuts better than those other smaller guys that were on the show with him (the Stanford kid and the little guy from Oregon). Keeper league fantasy alert!

I have not seen all of the shows, but the other guys that were pretty impressive to me were LB Anthony Barr & DT Tim Jernigan.

He may be our pick in rd 2. Sankey is my favorite RB from this class, but his pass blocking is weak. Hill offers more all around and I'd be ok with him in the 2nd considering CJ may be a goner

Hill is really talented and fits the mold of the bigger back the Bills are looking for. Is he the one who curb stomped someone outside a Louisiana bar? Pretty sure he has a litany of past transgressions.

I was also very impressed with how Jeremy Hill looked on Game Changers. I know he’s had some baggage at LSU, but he really came across in the interview portion as very determined and matter of fact. Put it this way, he's far less of an idiot than Marshawn was/is.

I really don’t envision the Bills spending a late 1st or early 2nd to get him. But all I kept thinking about as I saw him move through bags was “Man, I’d like to have this guy on my team.” He looks tough and ready to contribute from day one. And I think he moves in and out of cuts better than those other smaller guys that were on the show with him (the Stanford kid and the little guy from Oregon). Keeper league fantasy alert!

I have not seen all of the shows, but the other guys that were pretty impressive to me were LB Anthony Barr & DT Tim Jernigan.

"Some baggage"? Hill has serious character problems, and I would not want the guy on the team.

"Some baggage"? Hill has serious character problems, and I would not want the guy on the team.

OK, I’ll play devil’s advocate … I am not at all convinced that Hill’s rap sheet puts him in the same company as a Richie Incognito in terms of, as you say “serious character problems”.

It looks like this guy was arrested for getting with an underage girl when he was 18, but Les Miles still honored the LSU scholarship offer. Then, Hill got into a bar fight in Baton Rouge, and ended up having to pay the victim’s medical expenses.

I am sure NFL teams have done their due diligence on these issues, and I would bet that there are very few teams that have taken him off their board.

OK, I’ll play devil’s advocate … I am not at all convinced that Hill’s rap sheet puts him in the same company as a Richie Incognito in terms of, as you say “serious character problems”.

It looks like this guy was arrested for getting with an underage girl when he was 18, but Les Miles still honored the LSU scholarship offer. Then, Hill got into a bar fight in Baton Rouge, and ended up having to pay the victim’s medical expenses.

I am sure NFL teams have done their due diligence on these issues, and I would bet that there are very few teams that have taken him off their board.

Hill and a teammate effectively raped an underage girl and got away with lighter charges. What he did was not simply statutory rape, but sexual assault. I don't want this guy anywhere near the Bills.

Edited by ny33

Hill and a teammate effectively raped an underage girl and got away with lighter charges. What he did was not simply statutory rape, but sexual assault. I don't want this guy anywhere near the Bills.

Again, not to make light of that, but to play devil's advocate ... does that mean you would not ever select Jamies Winston? His allegations are similar at the very least, and he then followed that up with a Heisman-esque stiff arm to supermarket security with crab legs tucked under his arm.

Again, not to make light of that, but to play devil's advocate ... does that mean you would not ever select Jamies Winston? His allegations are similar at the very least, and he then followed that up with a Heisman-esque stiff arm to supermarket security with crab legs tucked under his arm.

I would take Mariota over Winston.

I didn't know anything about him other than from that show. I didn't mean to imply I thought he was half the man that FJ is but he looks like he can play football

I am sorta with you here, I did not follow him at LSU, but it is obvious he has talent in abundance. And the Fred Jackson comparison is a good one.

does that mean you would not ever select Jamies Winston?

No way I would pick Jamies high. When you're second year QB is coming off a SB win, do you really want to draft another QB early? Think Seattle is going to take a QB early this year?

Bama/SEC fan here, so I've seen a lot of Jeremy Hill the last couple years. He's a good back. Not too flashy, but very solid in every area, so I guess I can see the FJ comp because that's always been his M.O. as well. He can really catch the ball for a big back and saw him hold up well in pass protection. Maybe not great straight-line speed, but there's some wiggle to his game. He's a top-3 back in this draft for me along with Hyde and Isaah Crowell, but that isn't saying much because this RB class is pretty damn weak, IMO.