Fearless prediction....

The Bills do not stay at #9. Up or down, I can't see them staying at #9. I think they have 3-4 guys they have really targeted they want and will have to move up. If they can't then I feel the talent level between say #8 and the end of the 2nd round isn't drastically different. So trade down and get more picks.

What is your fearless prediction for the draft?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills do not stay at #9. Up or down, I can't see them staying at #9. I think they have 3-4 guys they have really targeted they want and will have to move up. If they can't then I feel the talent level between say #8 and the end of the 2nd round isn't drastically different. So trade down and get more picks.

If they have 3-4 realistic guys (i.e not Clowney) odds are at least 1 would still be there at #9 and they would not have to trade up.

But yeah if Whaley has his heart set on either Watkins or Evans for example, he will have to move up to have a shot.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I think they will (and hope they do as this team is more than 1 player away from being a serious playoff winning possibility and thus need multiple 1-3 round picks to maximize good potential for multiple starters) trade down.

There is a reason why almost all mock drafts simply ignore trade possibilities in making predictions. To do this would predicting mean not only fearlessly predicting an unknown, but also fearlessly predicting the interaction between 2 (or 3) unknowns.

Predicting trades is not simply fearless but stupid.

#9 is not a good spot. I hope they move up or down. There are max 7 elite players in the draft yet you if you don't move up and get one, you still pay the premium 5th yr option deal by picking him in the top 10, whoever it is. Anyone who is available at 9 outside of maybe Ebron will likely be looked at as a reach. If they move down that helps with picks as they only have 6 in a deep draft. Sitting at 9 just kind of sucks.

If last year is any indicator, they'll trade up/down to get whatever player they want, even if they have to reach for him. Maybe that's why they drafted Spiller at 11th back then too, not trading up, but reaching for a role player.

Fearless prediction - the hype of dropping QBs will prove to be just hype - by my calculations on the demand side there are 7 teams with a desperate need at QB and 5 more teams that have a strong need - on the supply side maybe 3 QBs who could start as a rookie and not totally embarrass everyone and maybe three more who could play down the line- anyone waiting on QBs could be waiting until next year.

This is one of the more talented rosters in the NFL. The Bills need to get an elite difference making player in this year's draft, and Clowney would undoubtedly be that type of player. Our defensive line would far and away be the best in the league.

The only real question if we got Clowney would be if EJ can progress from last year. Pears/Hairston isn't going to kill you for one year. This team can go very far if EJ plays well.

Edited by Fingon

The Stadium Wall will absolutely hate the pick.

Haha and they will hold it against the player for his entire Bills career, no matter if he has a good game.

My prediction is my draft party will switch the station after the Bills draft a RT. So boring. I do agree they will pick a TE with the first 2 picks. It has been neglected too long. Also, a Qb in the 3rd or later.

#9 is not a good spot. I hope they move up or down. There are max 7 elite players in the draft yet you if you don't move up and get one, you still pay the premium 5th yr option deal by picking him in the top 10, whoever it is. Anyone who is available at 9 outside of maybe Ebron will likely be looked at as a reach. If they move down that helps with picks as they only have 6 in a deep draft. Sitting at 9 just kind of sucks.

Most years fans feel their team is just outside of the elite players but it's just not true. There will be an elite player at 9 and well beyond. I'm not the expert but our FO just has to make the right pick.

Most years fans feel their team is just outside of the elite players but it's just not true. There will be an elite player at 9 and well beyond. I'm not the expert but our FO just has to make the right pick.

I know some disgree but I think Ebron can be an elite TE. And you're right. Elite players are found all over the draft. It's just that the "draft experts" don't identify them.

They ain't moving up. They would have to give up too much.

Says who? How much is too much to get an impact player that puts us over the top and helps us get into the playoffs this year? I am past the point of worrying about the future, future draft picks etc. WIN NOW. Spend what it takes and lets get a playoff team on the field and lets start moving toward a Superbowl