Best case scenario - Manziel falls to #9 overall.

Without the right swagger you're not going to make it in the NFL. The swagger comes from knowing that you can get the job done because you've gotten the job done against stellar competition in the past.

No player is a guaranteed great player when you draft them, but from what I've seen of Manziel, he's a player well worth taking a chance on.

I'm certainly not alone in that view.

People tend to hate on Manziel much like they did with Flutie becauseof his lack of size. But Flutie proved them wrong I believe that Manziel will prove to be a better player than Flutie......and that's saying something.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If this happens I will probably cry all night, wake up the next morning, watch all the stuff the Bills put out there about him, then go all Peoples Temple up in here.

Thats my usual strategy and its been working out pretty well for me. My general process:

Step 1. Ignorance - know little to nothing about any of the players in the draft.

Step 2. Outrage - "I can't believe they took [player 1] when everyone knows that [position X] is our biggest need and [player 2] was still on the f@#$ing board!

Step 3. Justify - "At first I hated the pick, but the more I read..."

Thats my usual strategy and its been working out pretty well for me. My general process:

Step 1. Ignorance - know little to nothing about any of the players in the draft.

Step 2. Outrage - "I can't believe they took [player 1] when everyone knows that [position X] is our biggest need and [player 2] was still on the f@#$ing board!

Haha. Awesome!! Definitely what I did last year!

Without the right swagger you're not going to make it in the NFL. The swagger comes from knowing that you can get the job done because you've gotten the job done against stellar competition in the past.

No player is a guaranteed great player when you draft them, but from what I've seen of Manziel, he's a player well worth taking a chance on.

I'm certainly not alone in that view.

People tend to hate on Manziel much like they did with Flutie becauseof his lack of size. But Flutie proved them wrong I believe that Manziel will prove to be a better player than Flutie......and that's saying something.

Jets 34 Bills 12: http://www.pro-footb...99811080nyj.htm

Anyone remember this game? Flutie was neutralized, figured out, and exposed. Sandlot football only takes you so far.

This is why the Vince Young/Tim Tebow type have washed out and now the new Johnny come lately will fail in the long run. The best QBs make throws with timing, anticipation, touch, and accuracy from the pocket on a consistent basis. Anyone heard of Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Manning?

The idea of Manziel leading a team to the playoffs in his rookie season is silly sauce talk IMO. He's a project QB who may never get it. Risky business....No thanks!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I think everyone does Step 3! I will do this unless it is Roby.

Jets 34 Bills 12: http://www.pro-footb...99811080nyj.htm

Anyone remember this game? Flutie's was neutralized, figured out, and exposed. Sandlot football only takes you so far.

This is why Vince Young, Tim Tebow, washed out and now the new Johnny come lately will fail in the long run. The best QBs make throws with timing, anticipation, touch, and accuracy from the pocket on a consistent basis. Anyone heard of Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Manning?

The idea of Manziel leading a team to the playoffs in his rookie season is silly sauce talk IMO. He's a project QB who may never get it. Risky business....No thanks!

This ^^^

Better than a career 54.7 completion percentage and 76.3 QB rating?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlutDo00.htm

11bl18l.gif

A very interesting scenario could play out for the Bills.....and that is that Johnny Manziel falls to #9 overall. It should lot happen, but it could because so many of the teams that apprently need a starting caliber QB are willing to wait until later in R1.

At that point I think the Bills' phone starts to ring off the hook.

Whether you like Manziel or you don't doesn't matter. He will draw interest from other teams and the Bills will likely be given multiple offers to trade down. Dallas is currently sitting at #16 overall and they just might be willing to offer up the farm to be able to select Manziel. We're talking about R1, R2 and R3 picks in 2014 and possibly a R2 or R3 pick in 2015. Whatever it takes.

I see this as the best case scenario because the Bills have definite multiple needs. They must fill glaring needs at OT and DE. To a lesser extent they could use another quality QB, a solid RB (Jackson and Spiller could both be gone next year), a more athletic TE, a big WR, more depth at LB, and more depth at CB and S.

OR........they could shock us all and select Manziel himself at #9 overall. One stellar QB can offer make up for many of those needs mentioned above.

Ummmmmmmmmm NO!

Manziel just doesn't impress me that much. I don't think he'll live up to the hype.

then please leave now. If you are a fan that says 'if they draft X player I quit' then just quit already. Christ...

I agree. I'm not a Manziel lover, but put the guy in a Bills uniform and I would root for him all day everyday.

CollegeFootball 24/7@NFL_CFB 11m

Manziel out of 1st round in Casserly's mock draft 1.0 --> http://on.nfl.com/1juOCq4

...and since he left the Redskins who has been wrong more than Charlie Casserly.

Edited by GunnerBill