Best case scenario - Manziel falls to #9 overall.

Think that the Jags might consider taking Johnny Football at 3. The Browns are the team to watch tho. If the Jags take any of the top QB's that may force them to take one of the QB's that are left. The Vikings have a need for QB also.

I hope there is a run on QB's. That would be the best outcome for the Bills because if 2 are taken before they pick one of the OT's might fall to them without moving at all.

Or even Evan might slip down.

Man I cant wait for Thursday.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A very interesting scenario could play out for the Bills.....and that is that Johnny Manziel falls to #9 overall. It should lot happen, but it could because so many of the teams that apprently need a starting caliber QB are willing to wait until later in R1.

At that point I think the Bills' phone starts to ring off the hook.

Whether you like Manziel or you don't doesn't matter. He will draw interest from other teams and the Bills will likely be given multiple offers to trade down. Dallas is currently sitting at #16 overall and they just might be willing to offer up the farm to be able to select Manziel. We're talking about R1, R2 and R3 picks in 2014 and possibly a R2 or R3 pick in 2015. Whatever it takes.

I see this as the best case scenario because the Bills have definite multiple needs. They must fill glaring needs at OT and DE. To a lesser extent they could use another quality QB, a solid RB (Jackson and Spiller could both be gone next year), a more athletic TE, a big WR, more depth at LB, and more depth at CB and S.

OR........they could shock us all and select Manziel himself at #9 overall. One stellar QB can offer make up for many of those needs mentioned above.

100% agree. Would be a dream scenario and I think Dallas might come calling!

I don't know if I would call this best case scenario. We have too many holes to trade up, but I don't think we have so many holes that trading down would be the best. I think best case is jake mathews or Mike Evans falls to us. These guys would instantly make us better. If we get jake mathews in round 1, we take a TE in round 2. If we can get evans, then we take a tackle in round 2. Those scenarios seem more favorable to me since the drop off in talent for top top 6-8 players drops up after that, and it would be nice to get a top talent.

But if neither of those guys is there, which is very likely, then trading down seems like a good idea. Manziel might not be the only trade bait. Donald could very well be trade bait as well.

Trading to 16 sounds good to me. It seems steep, but this is a deeper class compared to normal years, and I think the talent at 9 will be the same at 16. Unless one of the top players falls to us, in which case you take one of those top players regardless.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

then please leave now. If you are a fan that says 'if they draft X player I quit' then just quit already. Christ...

Why so serious?

Then you wont be BillsFan-4-ever, right?

true dat

Right, because he's proven he can't be an effective NFL quarterback. And of course the Bills already have an awesome QB situation.

Johnny Football is not ready for PRIME TIME. one great season does not make a super star.

he needs to grow up a lot.

How many Heisman Trophy winners turned out to be flops?

Think that the Jags might consider taking Johnny Football at 3. The Browns are the team to watch tho. If the Jags take any of the top QB's that may force them to take one of the QB's that are left. The Vikings have a need for QB also.

I hope there is a run on QB's. That would be the best outcome for the Bills because if 2 are taken before they pick one of the OT's might fall to them without moving at all.

Or even Evan might slip down.

Man I cant wait for Thursday.

This is the best case. We are way more likely to have a qb needy team approach for a trade if there is a run.

Players fall in the draft many times for nothing that they have done. Manziel doesn't fit the prototypical NFL QB standard because of his size so believe it or not a lot of teams just won't be a ble to pull the trigger on him especially with their precious high pick. If he falls all the way to #9 overall then it's a win-win situation fo rthe Bills. I think he will prove to be better than Flutie, but not quite as good as B. Favre if he can mage to stay healthy.

The next best scenario for the Bills would be for there to be a run on QBs starting at #3 overall (i.e. the Jaguars' pick). We could see Manziel, Bortles, and Bridgewater....and even Carr..... selected before #9 overall. Teams without a high caliber starting QB or one that is not very young are notorious for over-reaching for a QB in R1. If that happens then obviously it will force one of the top 8 non-QB position players to fall right into Buffalo's lap. In that scenario, guys like Matthews, Lewan,and maybe even Mack could be there for the taking.

What I don't want to see happen is for ZERO QBs to be taken prior to #9 overall and all three of the besr OTs (Robinson/Matthews/Lewan) selected prior to #9. That would greatly lessen the options that the Bills will have.

I wouldn't mind ending up with OT Z. Martin, but not at #9 overall.

Johnny Football is not ready for PRIME TIME. one great season does not make a super star.

he needs to grow up a lot.

OK, how about two seasons of pretty much unparalleled success as a passing QB in the toughest conference in the country? Look, I don't know for sure if Manziel will succeed in the NFL, but all you are doing is making bald assertions of "fact" without anything to back up what is really just your opinion. Pretty much the definition of "hating". Take comfort, though; you are not alone.

OK, how about two seasons of pretty much unparalleled success as a passing QB in the toughest conference in the country? Look, I don't know for sure if Manziel will succeed in the NFL, but all you are doing is making bald assertions of "fact" without anything to back up what is really just your opinion. Pretty much the definition of "hating". Take comfort, though; you are not alone.

You beat me to it... :thumbsup:

Players fall in the draft many times for nothing that they have done. Manziel doesn't fit the prototypical NFL QB standard because of his size so believe it or not a lot of teams just won't be a ble to pull the trigger on him especially with their precious high pick. If he falls all the way to #9 overall then it's a win-win situation fo rthe Bills. I think he will prove to be better than Flutie, but not quite as good as B. Favre if he can mage to stay healthy.

The next best scenario for the Bills would be for there to be a run on QBs starting at #3 overall (i.e. the Jaguars' pick). We could see Manziel, Bortles, and Bridgewater....and even Carr..... selected before #9 overall. Teams without a high caliber starting QB or one that is not very young are notorious for over-reaching for a QB in R1. If that happens then obviously it will force one of the top 8 non-QB position players to fall right into Buffalo's lap. In that scenario, guys like Matthews, Lewan,and maybe even Mack could be there for the taking.

What I don't want to see happen is for ZERO QBs to be taken prior to #9 overall and all three of the besr OTs (Robinson/Matthews/Lewan) selected prior to #9. That would greatly lessen the options that the Bills will have.

I wouldn't mind ending up with OT Z. Martin, but not at #9 overall.

Manziel's size has little to do with why teams are unsure of him. Very little in fact. The primary concern is that he hasn't yet demonstrated a consistent ability to make plays from the pocket and he is too quick to bail out on his reads. He will either learn to be a pocket passer and become more patient, or he will wash out of the league. It's that simple.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree. I've seen enough of Manziel to know that I'd love to have him be Buffalo's starting QB.

He is so confident and crafty it's unbelieivable!!

He plays like D. Flutie, but has a stronger arm, and has the swagger of three J. Kellys!!

With Manziel at QB the Bills make the playoffs in 2014.

OR........they could shock us all and select Manziel himself at #9 overall. One stellar QB can offer make up for many of those needs mentioned above.

So in this scenario they trade Manziel for a stellar NFL quarterback?

Manziel's size has little to do with why teams are unsure of him. Very little in fact. The primary concern is that he hasn't yet demonstrated a consistent ability to make plays from the pocket and he is too quick to bail out on his reads. He will either learn to be a pocket passer and become more patient, or he will wash out of the league. It's that simple.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed...But I did read somewhere that Manziel's numbers inside the pocket were surprisingly good when compared to the other prospects...Maybe I'm mis-remembering...He does bail too much prematurely...I think it's just a matter of discipline with him and creating an Offense he can be comfortable with...

He's a risk...No question...And it's going to take an organizational commitment along with some maturity on his part...But based purely on his abilities there is no reason he can't be as good as Russell Wilson if he tones it down and becomes more cerebral... B-)

I agree. I've seen enough of Manziel to know that I'd love to have him be Buffalo's starting QB.

He plays like D. Flutie, but has a stronger arm, and has the swagger of three J. Kellys!!

The last time the Bills were in the playoffs Flutie was the QB....just saying.

Part of me wants the Bills to draft Manziel, but the best thing to do at this point is to draft Ebron, Evans or one of the top 3 OL.

excuse me who won the Heisman this year?

http://www.heisman.c.../heismanWinners

My assumption is based on a gut feeling that his cocky attitude won't cut it and add that to the comments by other sports people

---------

new Texas defensive coordinator Vance Bedford and the Johnny Manziel camp.

http://msn.foxsports...-bedford-050514

I'm in EJ's camp for the next 2 seasons AS the starter. I hope that extends for a decade beyond.

swagger won't get you anything but knocked on your azz until you can prove yourself season after season .

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

A very interesting scenario could play out for the Bills.....and that is that Johnny Manziel falls to #9 overall. It should lot happen, but it could because so many of the teams that apprently need a starting caliber QB are willing to wait until later in R1.

At that point I think the Bills' phone starts to ring off the hook.

Whether you like Manziel or you don't doesn't matter. He will draw interest from other teams and the Bills will likely be given multiple offers to trade down. Dallas is currently sitting at #16 overall and they just might be willing to offer up the farm to be able to select Manziel. We're talking about R1, R2 and R3 picks in 2014 and possibly a R2 or R3 pick in 2015. Whatever it takes.

I see this as the best case scenario because the Bills have definite multiple needs. They must fill glaring needs at OT and DE. To a lesser extent they could use another quality QB, a solid RB (Jackson and Spiller could both be gone next year), a more athletic TE, a big WR, more depth at LB, and more depth at CB and S.

If this is or were the case with what Dallas would be willing to offer then I am sure Dallas will be able to trade up with someone in front of us instead of trade with us at #9 for that load of picks.

excuse me who won the Heisman this year?

http://www.heisman.c.../heismanWinners

My assumption is based on a gut feeling that his cocky attitude won't cut it and add that to the comments by other sports people

---------

new Texas defensive coordinator Vance Bedford and the Johnny Manziel camp.

http://msn.foxsports...-bedford-050514

Sorry, bad argument. Manziel's passing stats this year were, if anything, better than the year he won the Heisman and every bit as good as Winston's, playing against MUCH tougher competition, of course. And I never doubted that there are other haters out there; as I said, you have plenty of company.

I don't know if I would call this best case scenario. We have too many holes to trade up, but I don't think we have so many holes that trading down would be the best. I think best case is jake mathews or Mike Evans falls to us. These guys would instantly make us better. If we get jake mathews in round 1, we take a TE in round 2. If we can get evans, then we take a tackle in round 2. Those scenarios seem more favorable to me since the drop off in talent for top top 6-8 players drops up after that, and it would be nice to get a top talent.

But if neither of those guys is there, which is very likely, then trading down seems like a good idea. Manziel might not be the only trade bait. Donald could very well be trade bait as well.

Trading to 16 sounds good to me. It seems steep, but this is a deeper class compared to normal years, and I think the talent at 9 will be the same at 16. Unless one of the top players falls to us, in which case you take one of those top players regardless.

I am on this same page!!