RWS Club Seats...worth it?

I am getting older. Clubs may be what we do in the near future. Walking down to row ten getting harder on the knees.. Jack spoiled me when wife and I sat in his seats last year.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my season tickets in 1987. I sat in a number of spots in the stadium, the longest in the lower bowl. When the clubs were added (1998 I think) I signed up, simply because they were throwing all the lower-bowl seats into a "lottery" (as there were fewer of them) and I was afraid I'd get stuck in yucky seats. So I have been in the Van Miller section since the first year there were clubs seats.

Personally, I love the club seats. My thoughts:

1) Preseason games suck, and it stinks to buy them. I donate them to Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Erie County.

2) The tickets don't sell well EXCEPT on StubHub. Pay attention to what's for sale, price accordingly and don't list too early. Last year I actually MADE money on the three games I sold through StubHub.

3) The section can be quieter, true. But it's also dryer, and warmer, under the overhang. I am a yeller, and no-one gives me any grief - I don't cuss or evoke anger, so no-one complains.

4) The club seating and food are better, ditto restrooms.

5) The club personnel are the same year-in, year-out, and they remember you and are always pleasant.

6) You can buy parking in a lot right outside the stadium which is hard to get. Nice if you bring someone who has trouble walking far, etc.

7) On the rare occasions when I had trouble with a jerk in the club seats, security and staff swarm like ants and take care of it. I had different experiences elsewhere in the stadium.

I live in Seattle by the way, but this is a great investment for me even though I may only get to 3-4 games a year. I also had club seats for the Seahawks, which were "comparable" in terms of location, but they were 2x the price and the amenities were not nearly as nice. I was there for about 4-5 years and bagged it, I can see better on TV and frankly the experience was not worth it.

I have often thought about moving there as well, but as is stands we are (allegedly) the new row 1 on the 35 behind the Bills bench... I can't see ever moving...

Wow, that's amazing. It will be awesome to be that close to the players. I once sat about 4 rows up in the corner of the end zone...cold fall day against the Cards. I remember Larry Fitzgerald lining up out wide like 10 feet away from us. Could see the steam from his breath coming out of his face mask. Also saw an amazing Willis McGahee TD run right in front of us. Truly amazing.

Don't mean to piss in your Cheerios, but I wonder how the view is from the 1st row behind the bench. Do the players/coaches/cameras obscure the view?

My wife and I got club seats for the Bengals game last year. She was prego at the time, so she definitely appreciated the quicker entrance, comfier seats, tables and chairs inside, nicer bathrooms and better food options. It's pretty damn nice.

But, as others have alluded too, there's a palpable sense of bitchiness when it comes to cheering/standing out in the seats. One couple in front of us spent more time hemming and hawing about peoples' behavior than actually watching the game. And people were NOT rowdy at all. Just standing up at key moments or in reaction to a big play.

I can see us getting club seats when we're a little older and crankier. But for now (still in our mid-30s), section 127 is just fine, and way more fun. Plus, now that my wife can take advantage of not being pregnant this season, I know she's looking forward to dropping the kids off at grandma's and being able to knock back a few. :D

I've spoiled my wife by getting us seats in the club section whenever we travel to games elsewhere...it really is a great way to keep her "interested" in my sports addiction. She's a wine girl and that's always one of her big complaints about sitting with the "bourgeois" in the stands -- they only serve beer. :lol:

Made my wife go to a US Open at Pinehurst when she was 8 months pregnant..sitting on a little fold out chair in the rain in 99...the night after she stayed up and watched "No Goal" with me.( course i didn't make her, but i was going either way LOL). Maybe that's why my 15 yr old daughter old is so mean to me now :wallbash:

That was the Payne Stewart Open...remember it well. I had gone down for the Friday round with my sister; family was in town for my 30th. There's a photo in the clubhouse of the 18th on Sunday from '99, and in the background a couple of friends of mine are standing up on the back of a golf cart -- their moment of infamy.

Trying to decide if I'll go down this year. No. 2 is a great course to walk.

I'll echo what everyone else has said, the amenities are fantastic but the crowd energy is lacking. My advice would be to buy tickets to a single game there and take in the experience firsthand before making a commitment to season tickets.

I'm also happy with my club seats. In addition to the amenities that have already been mentioned, the Bills hold a number of special events for their club seat holder. I received a stadium tour last year, there's an annual draft day party, and I'm getting a field pass for pre-game warmups for a regular season game this year.

Since club seat revenue is mostly unshared, it's a very important revenue stream for the Bills. So as a club seat holder, I also believe I'm helping to ensure the Bills remain viable in Buffalo.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned, among the perks with having Clubs, is the bar. Full bar, beer, wine, mixed drinks. And it's open throughout the game and a little bit after. No rushing to get a beer before halftime is over.

Had the unfortunate opportunity to sit in the Club Seats for the Miami game last year as the Bills upgraded me. They put us in row 5, the rain drip from the upper deck landed right on our laps. Late in the game we stood up and cheered when Miami went for it on 3rd and 4th and long. We were yelled at by the snobs behind us and one guy actually sicked security on us claiming we had been standing all game, LIAR. Will never sit there again, sticking with my 131 aisle seats!

Edited by ET1062

No rushing to get a beer before halftime is over.

Now, that alone worth $50 a game...and i am not being facetious.I did not know that, may change my plans for a few games this years

That was the Payne Stewart Open...remember it well. I had gone down for the Friday round with my sister; family was in town for my 30th. There's a photo in the clubhouse of the 18th on Sunday from '99, and in the background a couple of friends of mine are standing up on the back of a golf cart -- their moment of infamy.

Trying to decide if I'll go down this year. No. 2 is a great course to walk.

It was..we were parked at the 17th green, 18th tee when Phil and Payne came through. Needless to say we were no where close to the green when Payne hit the putt, watching on some blowup projection thing LOL.

My wife and I got club seats for the Bengals game last year. She was prego at the time, so she definitely appreciated the quicker entrance, comfier seats, tables and chairs inside, nicer bathrooms and better food options. It's pretty damn nice.

But, as others have alluded too, there's a palpable sense of bitchiness when it comes to cheering/standing out in the seats. One couple in front of us spent more time hemming and hawing about peoples' behavior than actually watching the game. And people were NOT rowdy at all. Just standing up at key moments or in reaction to a big play.

I can see us getting club seats when we're a little older and crankier. But for now (still in our mid-30s), section 127 is just fine, and way more fun. Plus, now that my wife can take advantage of not being pregnant this season, I know she's looking forward to dropping the kids off at grandma's and being able to knock back a few. :D

Made my wife go to a US Open at Pinehurst when she was 8 months pregnant..sitting on a little fold out chair in the rain in 99...the night after she stayed up and watched "No Goal" with me.( course i didn't make her, but i was going either way LOL). Maybe that's why my 15 yr old daughter old is so mean to me now :wallbash:

I have never sat in clubs in Rich, but have at two away games. Last one was the OT game in Baltimore few years back, actually in a suite. It was one of those shared suites, with the seats out front. Lets just say i am glad dude who gave me the seats was not there...said he heard about it rest of the year! :lol:

So with all these prego wives running around ... Who is the daddy? :P

The Van Miller Club section is pretty loud - people stand and yell. And yes the barmaid takes in-seat orders and delivers :-). Our usher runs up and down the stairs high-fiving people. The sections on the enemy side look boring and they're always half empty. Boo!

Well, after a weekend of soul searching (and the consumption of copious amounts of wine) I am now the proud owner of two seats in the Van Miller Club. I will probably only use the seats for approximately four games a year, but I'll make sure if I'm trying to move any I'll give reputable TSW posters (all three of them) an opportunity to buy them at cost.

Looking forward to my pregame on-field experience!

Well, after a weekend of soul searching (and the consumption of copious amounts of wine) I am now the proud owner of two seats in the Van Miller Club. I will probably only use the seats for approximately four games a year, but I'll make sure if I'm trying to move any I'll give reputable TSW posters (all three of them) an opportunity to buy them at cost.

Nice! I have always found wine good when I need to expand my mind for a big purchase :)

Good call! A good assist to the Bills unshared revenue pool!

Enjoy the pregame on-field experience - it's awesome! I'll be on the field for the opener and can't wait.

Had seats bin the Van for eight or nine years. Worth it to me. Bathrooms, food, bar all unequalled in the stadium. There are definitely some drawbacks but as a regular you will be appreciated and your regular season ticket holders around you will appreciate that you are one of them. When you need to sell it bites you. But since we will now start winning that will be less of an issue. I could never go back to sitting with the masses lol pissing in the sinks and getting cut off at half time or sooner. You get so much more seat time that you actually are getting a better deal since you don't miss the action. In seat alcohol delivery etc etc etc