Prediction: Bills move up to #4 to take MACK

I really think they do want to trade up. I dont think its pure smoke and mirrors. There's nothing to be gained by announcing that you want to trade up, except playing the upper teams against each other to earn your business, which is good.

And I think they want MACK. That would be such a feel-good story for the fans.

And here is your smoke, to back up my feeling its MACK. From PFT today:

“I’ve heard from three league sources in the past week that the Bills are trying to trade up,” McShay writes. “If they do make a move, it’ll likely be to land Clowney, Robinson or Watkins.”

http://profootballta...nt-to-trade-up/

Also, Browns wanna trade down, (and I'm sure Whaley and Pettine are still cool).

http://profootballta...an-fourth-pick/

And I think they will move to #4 with cleveland. Cleveland wants a QB and can still get one at 9. We dont need to jump to 3 because Jax isnt taking Mack. They need a QB also.

And I dont think that Whaley thinks that WR is a position of need. And I agree.

Edited by maddenboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if McShay says it, it has to be true. :) I highly doubt how many sources these "experts" even have. I could see Mayock having some but it is beyond stupid to leak information.

But to answer the question, as good of a player as I think Mack is, to give up that much to get a LB is very, very risky. I think the Bills aren't going to invest that much resources for Mack. IMO, the only real position you should trade up for is QB and possibly DE.

Well if McShay says it, it has to be true. :) I highly doubt how many sources these "experts" even have. I could see Mayock having some but it is beyond stupid to leak information.

But to answer the question, as good of a player as I think Mack is, to give up that much to get a LB is very, very risky. I think the Bills aren't going to invest that much resources for Mack. IMO, the only real position you should trade up for is QB and possibly DE.

. . . but that's the point. If McShay is saying thay want Clowney, Robinson, or Watkins, THAT means the Bills are feeding him false info. Which teams always do at this time of year.

And who says they cant/wont move Mack to DE?

Edited by maddenboy

. . . but that's the point. If McShay is saying thay want Clowney, Robinson, or Watkins, THAT means the Bills are feeding him false info. Which teams always do at this time of year.

And who says they cant/wont move Mack to DE?

He's only 6'3" 247 lbs. He's a 1" shorter than EJ and only 10 lbs heavier. He couldn't last at DE. Plus, with his athletic ability, you should move him all over the field. JMO though. I do feel he is going to be a really good player in this league.

and they would be drafting Mack to play where? do you see him as a DE bc I dont

if the plan would be to play him at LB then why did they sign Rivers whose spot im guessing he would take bc it wouldnt be Kiko's

if the Bills trade up its for Clowney or Watkins as I just dont see them trading up for a LB when they have 3 starters at LB already

But to answer the question, as good of a player as I think Mack is, to give up that much to get a LB is very, very risky.

whats funny is your screen name ;-)

and they would be drafting Mack to play where? do you see him as a DE bc I dont

if the plan would be to play him at LB then why did they sign Rivers whose spot im guessing he would take bc it wouldnt be Kiko's

if the Bills trade up its for Clowney or Watkins as I just dont see them trading up for a LB when they have 3 starters at LB already

maybe, just maybe... They signed Rivers as precaution. Or maybe they intended him to play backup to any if the LB spots. A nice veteran is always a good thing to have on the roster.

If the Bills were to trade up I would hope it would be for the best OT or Clowney. I like where they are and I like the depth in rounds two and three too much to suggest trading from those rounds to move up except for a franchise maker. We can get a very good OT in round 1 and a pretty good OT in round 2 and we can get an exceptional wr in round one and a darn good wr in round 2. In round three there will be all kinds of very good players to improve the team. All in all I'd like to see us play the hand we have.

Someone called the Rams (Foolish) trade for Tavon Austin last year, prior to the draft.

I thought they were smoking crack. Who would trade that much for Ted Ginn Jr. II but I was wrong on that.

Who called that trade? Lets ask him what his prediction is, this year.

I really think they do want to trade up. I dont think its pure smoke and mirrors. There's nothing to be gained by announcing that you want to trade up, except playing the upper teams against each other to earn your business, which is good.

And I think they want MACK. That would be such a feel-good story for the fans.

And here is your smoke, to back up my feeling its MACK. From PFT today:

“I’ve heard from three league sources in the past week that the Bills are trying to trade up,” McShay writes. “If they do make a move, it’ll likely be to land Clowney, Robinson or Watkins.”

http://profootballta...nt-to-trade-up/

Also, Browns wanna trade down, (and I'm sure Whaley and Pettine are still cool).

http://profootballta...an-fourth-pick/

And I think they will move to #4 with cleveland. Cleveland wants a QB and can still get one at 9. We dont need to jump to 3 because Jax isnt taking Mack. They need a QB also.

And I dont think that Whaley thinks that WR is a position of need. And I agree.

You lost me on the bolded part. No offense...Screw the fans and their feel good stories. This team for 15 years has been littered with them...and we fail to make the playoffs. Any trade up should be to get a guy to help us get into the playoffs, screw feel good blah blah blah.

You lost me on the bolded part. No offense...Screw the fans and their feel good stories. This team for 15 years has been littered with them...and we fail to make the playoffs. Any trade up should be to get a guy to help us get into the playoffs, screw feel good blah blah blah.

Good point. A feel good story should not even be a consideration. getting Mack would be great but most would draft him for his abilities not to appease fans.

I know they play different positions, but someone tell me why Mack is a better prospect than Aaron Donald, who will probably be available at 9.

i agree. Personally I think Donald or Barr will be the best players in this draft. Well find out in a few years I guess. But these 2 players are dominant IMO.

i agree. Personally I think Donald or Barr will be the best players in this draft. Well find out in a few years I guess. But these 2 players are dominant IMO.

And both played against higher levels of competition than Mack.

Edited by mannc

I think someone is playing Mcshay for a fool. In a strong draft the Bills need more picks not less. Other than Clowney who might be a once in a generation talent if everything checks out. I don't see the Bills making a move like this for another player. If you can use Stevie Johnson as a trade chip to move up then it makes sense to go after Sammy Watkins.

Edited by billieve420