Report: agreement forbids sale to an owner who would relocate

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wet blanket chimes in

@ByTimGraham: Toronto is within 90 miles of Buffalo and considered Buffalo's NFL territory. Moving the team there might not be considered relocation.

This has been my fear for a while. I'm sure a good lawyer could argue it's no different than building a stadium anywhere else in WNY.

Wet blanket chimes in

@ByTimGraham: Toronto is within 90 miles of Buffalo and considered Buffalo's NFL territory. Moving the team there might not be considered relocation.

If the agreement is this thorough do you think that the state and county would overlook the Toronto threat? I am sure that there is language in there strictly to protect them from TO.

Wet blanket chimes in

As much as he might be technically right about the market crap he's arguing, I don't think there's any way somebody could argue moving a team to another country, when no other team plays in that country, wouldn't be considered relocation. "Wet blanket" indeed.

Wet blanket chimes in

What an irrepressible !@#$. The Non-Relocation Agreement specifically refers to not relocating "from the Stadium"--- ie, Ralph Wilson Stadium. Unless the Ralph is physically transported to Ontario, it doesn't matter a lick that Toronto is 90 miles away from Buffalo--- page 6, Article 3 (b):

http://www2.erie.gov/exec/sites/www2.erie.gov.exec/files/uploads/Buffalo%20Bills%20Non-Relocation%20Agreement.pdf

Maybe Tim Graham should actually read it.

Wet blanket chimes in

Yeah, except it is a lease agreement with the effing Erie county and NYS. Unless I suck at geography, I could have sworn that Toronto isn't even in the USA.

What an irrepressible !@#$. The Non-Relocation Agreement specifically refers to not relocating "from the Stadium"--- ie, Ralph Wilson Stadium. Unless the Ralph is physically transported to Ontario, it doesn't matter a lick that Toronto is 90 miles away from Buffalo--- page 6, Article 3 (b):

http://www2.erie.gov/exec/sites/www2.erie.gov.exec/files/uploads/Buffalo%20Bills%20Non-Relocation%20Agreement.pdf

Yeah that too.

This has been my fear for a while. I'm sure a good lawyer could argue it's no different than building a stadium anywhere else in WNY.

A good lawyer would argue that. A great lawyer would not argue anything and let the team move to Los Angeles. The clause means nothing, contracts are meaningless in this country now-a-days.

Good call. John Kryk just tweeted this as well. "The stadium" is indeed defined as the ralph therefor the distance to Toronto is irrelevant.

A good lawyer would argue that. A great lawyer would not argue anything and let the team move to Los Angeles. The clause means nothing, contracts are meaningless in this country now-a-days.

The problem with that is that all legal disputes on the lease are settled in Erie County Court (I believe). It certainly isn't going to be a level playing field for someone looking to move the team.

The problem with that is that all legal disputes on the lease are settled in Erie County Court (I believe). It certainly isn't going to be a level playing field for someone looking to move the team.

sWhoever buys in the team is going to have money. Money is power and money walks. BS doesn't. Enough money would get the Bills moved

sWhoever buys in the team is going to have money. Money is power and money walks. BS doesn't. Enough money would get the Bills moved

That is a pretty naive take JBoyst. The process is in place for what it will take to move the team. The new owner will have to prove in 2020 that the county violated the lease terms. They will have to prove this in Erie County Court.

Also, is any else tired of Massare begging for credit?

LoL at the folks who still refuse to see the good news. Anything is possible, but it's not likely. Enjoy your football team into perpetuity.

That is a pretty naive take JBoyst. The process is in place for what it will take to move the team. The new owner will have to prove in 2020 that the county violated the lease terms. They will have to prove this in Erie County Court.

Also, is any else tired of Massare begging for credit? https://twitter.com/...969684326547456

No. He did say this was the case a long time ago and some folks treated him like someone who had no real info. He deserves his props.

Also, is any else tired of Massare begging for credit?

you're right, but the real power behind this is that it is one more thing that allows Mary Wilson to sell the team to whoever she wants, specifically a pro Buffalo group. At least that's my take on it.

Also, I'm not tired of it, because he obviously had looked into it and people jumped on him for relaying this info.

Edited by sodbuster

Doesn't this just say they can't sell the team to someone that intends to break the lease? How would that even be regulated?

Its regulated up front by who they choose to sell the team to. And by selling the team to someone with a business plan that would show how they can keep the team in WNY and make money. Is a TO group or L.A. group going through the hassle of that type of in-depth plan if they are just going to move the team?

Edited by purple haze