Browns to draft Carr

Ruggiero

Joe Buscaglia on WGR just pointed out that Adam Caplin said on ESPN the Browns will select Derek Carr with the fourth pick of the draft. If it's true that news makes my Monday. A player that we would never of selected going ahead of us just letting one of our guys fall. Maybe Sammy falls to Oakland and we trade up or maybe it just helps Matthews or someone fall. Really hope it's a legit report.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Buscaglia on WGR just pointed out that Adam Caplin said on ESPN the Browns will select Derek Carr with the fourth pick of the draft. If it's true that news makes my Monday. A player that we would never of selected going ahead of us just letting one of our guys fall. Maybe Sammy falls to Oakland and we trade up or maybe it just helps Matthews or someone fall. Really hope it's a legit report.

Doubt the Browns would let anyone know this, but this is why I think it's BS that people think no QB's are going in the top 10. When you like a QB who generally has a 1st round grade, you don't get cute and hope he's there at the end of the 1st and beginning of the 2nd round. My guess is that Manziel and Bortles are gone by pick #9, with a good shot that Carr is too. I can understand the Texans taking Clowney, but it would be ridiculous for teams like Jax, Cleveland, Oakland, and even Tampa and Minnesota to pass on Manziel, Bortles, and Carr. Bridgewater is also an upgrade over any QB on their rosters.

See your QB, get your QB.

Personally if I were Cleveland I'd be willing to gamble he's available with their second round 1 pick.

with it being that much of a stretch, youd think they would be willing to accept just about ANYTHING in a trade back, as there would be almost no risk to drop 10 spots.

Doubt the Browns would let anyone know this, but this is why I think it's BS that people think no QB's are going in the top 10. When you like a QB who generally has a 1st round grade, you don't get cute and hope he's there at the end of the 1st and beginning of the 2nd round. My guess is that Manziel and Bortles are gone by pick #9, with a good shot that Carr is too. I can understand the Texans taking Clowney, but it would be ridiculous for teams like Jax, Cleveland, Oakland, and even Tampa and Minnesota to pass on Manziel, Bortles, and Carr. Bridgewater is also an upgrade over any QB on their rosters.

I won't argue with your point in regards to QB's in the top 10, but I will in regards to Bridgewater as an upgrade in Tampa. I have seen Mike Glennon in action and I would take that arm over what Bridgewater brings most any day.

In addition, go ahead and take Carr at #4. Just leaves the Bills with more options and less incentive to lose picks by trading up.

I won't argue with your point in regards to QB's in the top 10, but I will in regards to Bridgewater as an upgrade in Tampa. I have seen Mike Glennon in action and I would take that arm over what Bridgewater brings most any day.

In addition, go ahead and take Carr at #4. Just leaves the Bills with more options and less incentive to lose picks by trading up.

I think Carr's gonna be really good. Good chance that we're gonna wish we had a shot at Manziel, Bortles, and Carr come next year.

What would the Browns have to gain by letting this out, unless they're trying to bait another team into trading up?

Why is it that anytime Mathews is mentioned so is his pedigree and Carr not so much? Wouldn't it be great if the Texans took Carr.

Because his brother is David?

From the broadcast, it was implied the browns would use their 2nd pick on Carr, not the 4th overall. It was just speculation because they liked him. The broadcast they were discussing different scenarios to where the QBs could go. Unless there was another one on at another time I didn't see.

Next year they should bump the draft to August. This **** is WAY out of control/

+1. I think Whaley was smart giving his personnel folks a week off in April and right when he said study long, study wrong, if we are going nuts, the pros that do this for a living must be going bonkers . . . by the time the draft gets here, I think we'll have heard literally every possible scenario for every team --- please don't push the draft back another week next year !! Edited by TXBILLSFAN