The Big Lead latest mock draft - Bills take OT Zack Martin at 9?!

Who are you thinking/hearing we may draft Kirby?

CBF

To be really honest I haven't heard too much yet other than they really like Watkins and Mathews. That really isn't surprising I guess.

Reading the tea leaves a little I find it interesting that they have brought in some cornerbacks that will be off the board by their 2nd round pick most likely. That seems to tell me that they probably think that is a little bigger need than most of us here seem to think. In addition, they have brought in some of the top RBs in the draft. They will be drafting one of them IMO.

I would be surprised if they picked at 9 if the draft falls as many project. I think that they are going to go up and get a stud or go back and get an extra pick. This regime does not seem keen on reaching.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 4m

With 2 weeks until the draft, @McShay13 believes there is less than a 5 percent chance that Robinson, Lewan or Matthews will be left at No 9

If that is the case I think that you will only see one QB in the top 10. The top 8 will be (in no particular order): Manziel OR Bortles, Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Watkins, Evans, Mathews and Lewan.

I don't think Martin is that high on their wish list...these guys seem to favor the more massive OLmen. I mean, look at these guys:

LT Glenn - 6'6", 345 lbs

LG Williams - 6'6", 326 lbs

C Wood - 6'4", 310 lbs

RG Urbik - 6'5", 325 lbs

RT Pears - 6'8", 318 lbs OR Hairston - 6'6", 330 lbs

Spending the #9 overall pick on a 6'4", 305 lb OT that may have to move to guard doesn't strike me as this team's M-O...which is okay by me. I only want an OLmen if he's the best guy available...and that isn't Martin IMO.

and marrone has already stated that they want to get bigger on o-line.

Could be a great pick. I put very little stock in what people like Kiper say. Why dont we go back ten years and look at the hair's prior bigboards(over the past ten years). Half those guys arent even in the league anymore. Martin could be a ten time pro bowler.

4th OT would be super horrible. Not as bad as picking a kicker but real close. If the draft plays out that way They HAVE TO TAKE EBRON or trade down if possible.

Ebron could be a heroin addict. Ever think about that one?

That would go over like a lead balloon... :huh:

Good luck to the Bills trying to sell that pick at #9...This board alone will implode...Can't imagine how bad the fallout would be from that...Don't want to imagine...Don't even want to think about it... B-)

Oh, I have a hunch there's someone that would be happy :D

Cordy would have been fine in hindsight at 9

You're right...But if you're comparing Glenn and Martin as players I think the example does not hold up...I was a big supporter of Glenn coming out and yes I did think he could play LT in the NFL...Why? Because he huge, long, athletic, and very strong...

Glenn is almost 2 inches taller than Martin, 30 lbs heavier, his arms are almost 3 inches longer, he did 2 more reps at 225, and based on Martin's 40 time last Spring Glenn is even faster than Martin...To me at least Cordy Glenn is pretty much a prototype physical specimen for the NFL LT of today...While I think Martin is a good prospect, I don't think he's as good as Glenn coming out...And I realize I'm in the minority in that opinion...But I think in 5 years Cordy Glenn will be an All Pro and Zack Martin will be a solid, maybe Pro Bowl OG...I would not take Martin at #9...I would definitely be interested in him as a trade down option...But not at #9...And especially not at #9 if Matthews or Lewan are still available...

Of course all this is assuming the Bills absolutely have to have an OT at #9...Which is a pretty bad way to go about the Draft...Especially a Draft this deep in talent at the top... B-)

I am not buying this mock at all. One QB in round 1 and not until 20? I just don't buy it. That said, if all three top OTs are off the board, I think the Bills trade down.

It's two QBs, Manziel at 26, but I'm not buying it either.

If two QBs, three OTs, Clowney, and Watkins go in the first seven, then either Evans or Mack falls to the Bills.

I'd rather the Bills drafted Zach Randolph than Zack Martin. Sure Randolph is busy with the NBA and all- but the dude's 6-9, 260 lbs! You could line him up at TE or DE and he'd be a monster. I'm kidding, of course. Martin rising up the charts shouldn't be a surprise- I saw a report yesterday that the Raiders are interested in Lewan at number 5. Tackle could be the position we see the early run on.