Would You Make This Trade ?

Owen

Cleveland and Buffalo Make a Trade.....

Cleveland receives Buffalos 1st pick, (ninth over all) and Buffalos 7th round pick along with a trade of WR Stevie Johnson

for Cleveland's 4th round pick .... Advantages for Cleveland...they receive a good WR in Johnson who the coach knows well. They get the Bills 9th overall pick which allows them to pick the QB of their choice at a much lower price as compared to 4th pick and they receive a 7th round extra pick... Sounds like a good deal for Cleveland..

Buffalo now can select WR Watkins or Evans and they might consider OT Robinson or LB Mack..We as fans do not know their thinking.

All the players mentioned would look good in a Bills Uniform... Trade would be made when Cleveland is on the clock..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland receives Buffalos 1st pick, (ninth over all) and Buffalos 7th round pick along with a trade of WR Stevie Johnson

for Cleveland's 4th round pick .... Advantages for Cleveland...they receive a good WR in Johnson who the coach knows well. They get the Bills 9th overall pick which allows them to pick the QB of their choice at a much lower price as compared to 4th pick and they receive a 7th round extra pick... Sounds like a good deal for Cleveland..

Buffalo now can select WR Watkins or Evans and they might consider OT Robinson or LB Mack..We as fans do not know their thinking.

All the players mentioned would look good in a Bills Uniform... Trade would be made when Cleveland is on the clock..

Why would I trade my 1st round pick, 7th round pick, and a decent WR for a "4th round pick"?

I hope you mean their 1st round pick, 4th overall.

He obviously means 4th overall, not 4th round. Why must people correct everyone on every little mistake. Do you think you are proving you are smarter than the OP or are somehow being clever? It's so played out man.

To answer your question, no. The only instance that I would consider it is if Watkins were available and they felt he was a considerable upgrade from Stevie. Also, I don't think I'd want to "throw in" a 7th rounder on top of a very solid WR and the 9th.

Personally, I like Stevie and I never like trading a known commodity for unknown ones. We could always try to get another WR at 9 or in the second. If we do, and we like him after workouts and camps we could always trade Stevie for pick(s) in next years draft. There will be teams that wanted a top end receiver that didn't get one and there are always injuries in the season / training camps.

He obviously means 4th overall, not 4th round. Why must people correct everyone on every little mistake. Do you think you are proving you are smarter than the OP or are somehow being clever? It's so played out man.

To answer your question, no. The only instance that I would consider it is if Watkins were available and they felt he was a considerable upgrade from Stevie. Also, I don't think I'd want to "throw in" a 7th rounder on top of a very solid WR and the 9th.

Personally, I like Stevie and I never like trading a known commodity for unknown ones. We could always try to get another WR at 9 or in the second. If we do, and we like him after workouts and camps we could always trade Stevie for pick(s) in next years draft. There will be teams that wanted a top end receiver that didn't get one and there are always injuries in the season / training camps.

Then I guess that falls into the category of why must people start new threads asking a question that was being previously discussed/brought up in another thread.

Oh wait..I am not a Moderator, so I can not state the obvious on that.

I think that's a lot to give up to move up 5 spots.....

In the last twenty years, only six rookie wide receivers have topped 1000 yards, The odds are next to impossible for any rookie wide receiver to be an upgrade over Stevie. You Stevie haters can hate all you want, but facts is facts. Sure maybe by year three it could be an upgrade, but I kind of like to live in the now.

I'm not worried about giving up a 7th round pick, you do dump a 6 mil contract or so who is known for no off season conditioning, who had a down year. You get a 6'5" promising WR. The risk is Evans is not known for a route runner, so is a work in progress. It reminds me of Floyd in AZ. Same issues so he was a non-factor his rookie year, but this past year, he was solid.

So does Stevie come back to form this year and we get our 1000 yd receiver back for now 4 out of 5 years, or do you go young with the gamble we can develop Evans?

My job is not at risk so I would make this gamble. I like it. Of course we could do it and get another Hardy. I doubt it but just playing devil's advocate.

Better question is: Why would Cleveland trade for that contract when a better WR is available for less than 1/2 price?

But on a serious note, I feel Cleveland would love for this scenario to play out.

They could draft a top QB at #9 and add a solid Vet WR to their core. 2 birds for 1 stone.

They already have a decent young WR core and this would add another threat to that bunch. Now only if they could protect that QB a little longer so that he could get it out to those WRs.

I honestly believe going WR in this draft would be the wrong place to address with our 1st round pick. If it isn't a TE or OL, then I personally will be surprised/disappointed unless they settle for a PBA at LB.

We do not need a RB, DL, WR, or QB with that first pick.

With this trade..... Cleveland's 4th pick in the first round the Bills get a top quality WR in Watkins..This is the player the Bills really want. They are willing to give up a lot to make the trade, but it is worth it to them and to Cleveland. Both teams have to have a win/win situation to make the trade. This trade makes sense.

I'm not worried about giving up a 7th round pick, you do dump a 6 mil contract or so who is known for no off season conditioning, who had a down year. You get a 6'5" promising WR. The risk is Evans is not known for a route runner, so is a work in progress. It reminds me of Floyd in AZ. Same issues so he was a non-factor his rookie year, but this past year, he was solid.

So does Stevie come back to form this year and we get our 1000 yd receiver back for now 4 out of 5 years, or do you go young with the gamble we can develop Evans?

My job is not at risk so I would make this gamble. I like it. Of course we could do it and get another Hardy. I doubt it but just playing devil's advocate.

If they want Evans, they can get him at 9. Dumping known quantities with a history of production for unknown quantities is not a way to get better. If they draft a WR, and he pans out, next year is plenty early enough to dump Johnson. Makes no sense to do it now, then draft a supposed replacement rookie, at a position where rookies rarely produce consistently.

With this trade..... Cleveland's 4th pick in the first round the Bills get a top quality WR in Watkins..This is the player the Bills really want. They are willing to give up a lot to make the trade, but it is worth it to them and to Cleveland. Both teams have to have a win/win situation to make the trade. This trade makes sense.

I'd bet that Clowney and Watkins are 1st and 2nd on our board. Watkins is Boldin with speed and elusiveness, with a touch of Hines Ward blocking ability. He's gonna rattle some DBs at the next level.

GO BILLS!!!

I would be fine with that, To me we have 4 locks at wideout right now being: Goodwin, SJ13, Williams, and Woods. I firmly believe Woods will develop into a great 2 and with better QB play would have. Goodwin is a great 4 to stretch the field, and Williams is a great X. With a stud flanker we could have unreal options.

Personally, I don't think Watkins makes it past St. Louis, assuming they keep the 2nd pick....I think St. Louis needs an play-making WR to help Bradford out and given the depth at OT this year, they take one in 2nd round....now, IF, Watkins were still there at 4 and all it took was SJ and a 7th, along with exchanging picks of course, then sure, that would be "yes"...but, I just don't think it all plays out so easily....

DONE!

And I find it interesting that an actual Cleveland fan believes this scenario is a positive thing for the Browns....thanks for sharing. Not disagreeing by the way, just interesting that you like the trade fantasy idea...

Personally, I don't think Watkins makes it past St. Louis, assuming they keep the 2nd pick....I think St. Louis needs an play-making WR to help Bradford out and given the depth at OT this year, they take one in 2nd round....now, IF, Watkins were still there at 4 and all it took was SJ and a 7th, along with exchanging picks of course, then sure, that would be "yes"...but, I just don't think it all plays out so easily....

And I find it interesting that an actual Cleveland fan believes this scenario is a positive thing for the Browns....thanks for sharing. Not disagreeing by the way, just interesting that you like the trade fantasy idea...

Stevie Johnson would an awesome fit on our offense and make more impact than a rookie.And we have picks to give up; I hate Greg Little !!!