CJ Spiller discussed FA today

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they package CJ for anything less than a first rounder, that would be a disaster. Almost as big of a disaster as it was when they drafted a RB at 9 in the first place.

No one will ever pay a first for a RB in a trade anymore unless his name is Adrian Peterson. We will be lucky to get a 2nd. Now fans will whine that isn't enough why not keep him? Well seems he is bent to head out the door after next year so why not get SOMETHING for him? Or do we want another Levetre/ Byrd situation?

No one will ever pay a first for a RB in a trade anymore unless his name is Adrian Peterson. We will be lucky to get a 2nd. Now fans will whine that isn't enough why not keep him? Well seems he is bent to head out the door after next year so why not get SOMETHING for him? Or do we want another Levetre/ Byrd situation?

Completely disagree. Cj alone is not worth a top ten pick because of the devaluation of rbs. But cj with the 9th pick? You don't think more than a second rounder is worthy of that kind of haul?

I hated the Spiller pick when the card was turned in... Now... He has shown signs of greatness, and signs of weakness, but the last thing I wasn't to see is him in another teams jersey...

I would rather him waste time in another teams jersey. He is nothing more than percy Harvin II, he isn't an every down back and good for a couple plays a game. Not worth the money. Hell in fact when healthy percy Harvin is more effective over all.

I trade his butt now while we can get something

Completely disagree. Cj alone is not worth a top ten pick because of the devaluation of rbs. But cj with the 9th pick? You don't think more than a second rounder is worthy of that kind of haul?

Huh? CJ with the 9th needs to put us up around #3 in this draft. Now if you are talking Trade down...oh yeah, swap of firsts, their 2nd and 3rd at least

Wow it kind of irritates me that Ricky bobby made those comments. Could have just said he's hiring a new agent and left it at that.

Ok then, for a little fun lets say spiller and #9 for a top five pick. Mack or Watkins anyone? Don't forget with this scenario RB is a MUST in the 2nd or 3rd. Carlos Hyde ? Hmmm

Let it ride.

I want to keep Spiller as long as Nate does .

But i would love to see him running strong and healthy this season in a Bills uniform.

Carlos Hyde is one nice prospect , but he is not a replacement for CJ style and or abilities. He might be Fred V2. and thats afine thing to be imho

Wow it kind of irritates me that Ricky bobby made those comments. Could have just said he's hiring a new agent and left it at that.

Ok then, for a little fun lets say spiller and #9 for a top five pick. Mack or Watkins anyone? Don't forget with this scenario RB is a MUST in the 2nd or 3rd. Carlos Hyde ? Hmmm

Why? Do we really need to go into the list of RB's Drafted after the 4th Round that have had success in the NFL? Our most popular player happens to be a RB that was not even Drafted...I'm not saying I'm against taking a RB in the 2nd or 3rd...But it's never going to be a must... B-)

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 27s

C.J. Spiller in process of hiring agent, will reach out to Jairus Byrd about approaching free agency: http://es.pn/1i6Hy39

His previous agent passed away in 2011.

I like CJ...I think he's a good kid...But how could he not understand that saying he's going to reach out to Byrd is just about the dumbest thing he could possibly say in this town at this time? Good grief... :huh:

Our first round pick and Spiller would move us up to top 5 in the draft.

Pull the trigger Whaley. M. Williams on one side and Clowney on the other with Dareus and K. Williams. B. Spikes and Kiko and Gilmore with Mckelvin and A. Williams at safety. Schwartz would have an orgasm.

I am telling you right now, He is trade bait come May 8th. just wait and see. I can see him packaged with another pick to move up or for say a 2nd or 3rd rounder to the right team (Raiders?)

I would not complain about a 2nd rounder for him. Don't think we can get a 2nd rounder for him though. I still think he can be very good or special. But, not sure if the coaches and FO think so. So, if they trade him I don't think the coaches or FO believe in him anymore.....so, I would be fine with the trade.

The agent he hires will speak volumes about his intentions. If it's Parker, package him up for shipment before the draft - just to make sure everything works out for him, like it did for Byrd.

I would not complain about a 2nd rounder for him. Don't think we can get a 2nd rounder for him though. I still think he can be very good or special. But, not sure if the coaches and FO think so. So, if they trade him I don't think the coaches or FO believe in him anymore.....so, I would be fine with the trade.

I agree. A 2nd would be wonderful, but perhaps a bit too optimistic.

I hated the Spiller pick when the card was turned in... Now... He has shown signs of greatness, and signs of weakness, but the last thing I wasn't to see is him in another teams jersey...

I would agree. I am not a huge fan, like OMG CJ fan. But, he is very talented and I want him to remain a Bill. I don't know what the contract would be, though, and fear it might be too much.