My heart just sunk - RE: Kelly's cancer battle

D521646

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Bob Malooga and @Kellyto83. Where we need to realize and give each other space is the term believe and faith. I can Zbelieve in something all day long

and it can let me down. I can believe in God, as I do by the way and do not repent of that belief but if I only believe in Him but not put my Faith in His faithfullness

my believing does me no value at all. The Bible both I and Jimbo live by says Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not yet seen.

Simply put that meansFaith is the root of all I hope in. And if you ask me for evidence I point towards the Faith I have in Jesus to show you how I know. Knowing full well

that Jim has that same faith I can totally understand his "this will be ok " attitude. As I said in an earlier post Jims faith is in tis scripture verce that says for me to live is to live

for Jesus but to die would mean to live with Him in heaven. He will be healed either way!

My Father didn't drink, smoke, dip, and nobody before him in his family had cancer. So, thanks for your opinion...but I don't need you telling me what I can, cannot, should or shouldn't believe in.

I am not Christian, catholic, atheist, Buddhist, muslim...whatever religions there are out there that people believe in, I am none of them. I have always wanted to believe...but I am given more reasons not to, than I am given to do so.

I've always thought it was a joke, like politics...it just divides people, and look, it's working! Truthfully...my Father's cancer was caused from symptoms of Agent Orange in Vietnam, so how do you think I feel about the government?

Kinda funny how people work...I have one person PM me a kind-hearted message, then I have another calling me out in "public" about my beliefs, morals, thoughts, feelings and emotions being complete and total bull ****. Sweet, have a good day!

I am sorry you lost your father,. I grew up with cancer eating away many members of my family from various means. You mention your dad was a Vietnam vet? I had two uncles completely healthy come back from there and within 2 years both were dead from cancer. One lung and he never smoked. My family has thought something they were subjected to over there seemed to target certain individuals. So I agree with you there.

My father on the other hand died of emphysema after smoking most of his life. My mentor / Martial arts instructor was assassinated. Look it up of you want Kelly Hogan 1981. I can't tell you what to think, nor am I trying to. Just pointing out my opinion God doesn't intentionally target folks, the world sucks and **** just happens.

BTW I am glad someone sent you a heart felt PM as for as me, I didn't see anyone call you out. If you are referring to me I wasn't bashing, calling out etc. And you are welcome as you are correct it was an opinion, nothing else of mine.

Edited by Kellyto83TD

2 quick responses,,to Bob Magoola post..wow man that is tough, that was hard to read, perhaps hit a little close to home and 2nd, Jim Kelly is going to fight cancer..Let's leave it at that for now until #12 wants to share with Buffalo wassup with his health...

Have felt this way for JKs prognosis since he went back in. Just looking at a simple google search and reading a few abstracts you could see that recurrence is a bad bad thing.

I hope I am wrong, but I do agree with the other poster on here that he may have come home to get his affairs in order. With the family reaching out to TG and asking that fans give him a welcome home might have been his family wanting him to know how loved he is in a impossible situation. The late turn of events could very well have been JK being told and not able to deal with it; hence the change and confusion. Like his brother really didn't know what airport to go to?

Looking at all of the events that have gone on with the passing of RW and now this...bad things man, bad things

Now Bob I gotta step in here. I know you have trouble with God and believing etc, but saying you completely quit because Jim my die is BS sorry man it is. We all pray, we pray for good people, God fearing christians that still die. Why? Because way back when some chick and some dude screwed the pooch royally. Even to the best, most faithful bad things happen. Kicker is we aren't sure why other than maybe there was a lesson somehow.

Bottom line is all of us are passing through, Christians, atheists et al. I have believed all of my life we have a time limit and we as humans can do things to ourselves that can shorten that time limit. Some how Jimbo did something, smoke, dip, drink too much which along with his genetics caused this. Will Jim be healed, I dont know. I dont' know why some get miracles and some dont, I am not God nor are any of us. I still wonder when I see things why this or that happened how they did.

Truth. Scripture says it rains on the just and the unjust. We just have to keep the faith and accept everything is working out for the good, whether we see it, understand it or not. And always keep praying. There is power in it.

Edited by purple haze

Like I have said before, I have had two heroes in my life...my Father and Jim Kelly.

My Father was taken from me in June 2008 from pancreatic cancer, I am still not able to accept that. It is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with in my entire 31 years alive, and anyone who knows me personally, knows I have been through A LOT.

If Jim Kelly is taken from all of us, most importantly his young daughters and his beautiful loving wife...I am going to have a very hard time believing in "God." I already have a hard time believing in that stuff...but that will be the icing on the cake for me. (I know others firmly believe in their religion, and I accept that...but to me, "God" wouldn't do this kind of stuff to amazing people...who have done nothing but help those around them.)

Like Jimbo, my Father was relatively big in our community...having been a Marine in Vietnam, a Police officer, a security cop at the VA hospital, and the man who started little league baseball and the VFW in our hometown...everyone knew and loved him, like Jim.

And to this day, almost 6 years later...I still have not come to terms with the fact I will never see my hero again. :-(

Bob, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know. I lost my mom 6 years ago on my 40 th birthday. I also know it is easy to question your faith after that kind of loss. On Easter Sunday we were at church and heard the song that was sung at my mom's funeral. It still hurts at times. Don't give up on God as he won't give up on you. The priest at my mom's funeral said something I'll never forget. "we don't grieve for Maryann (my mom), but we grieve for her loved ones who will cope with her loss as she is in heaven with Christ and her loved ones"

I believe that as I've watched my dad struggle for the last several years. Unfortunately, my mom died just prior to their 50 th wedding anniversary. He has made it though encircling him with lots of friends and family. I know this is a Bills website, but don't give up on God. The best we can do for Jim is pray for him and his family. I believe God listens to our prayers.

Cancer sucks. My mother is a survivor, as are a few friends. To date, Jim is a survivor. All we can do is pray and hope. If God says this is Jim's time, then its his time. We can't really change anything, but we can pray and we can hope. In my opinion, there's no need for this doom-and-gloom thread. It is what it is.

+1000000000000

Like I have said before, I have had two heroes in my life...my Father and Jim Kelly.

My Father was taken from me in June 2008 from pancreatic cancer, I am still not able to accept that. It is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with in my entire 31 years alive, and anyone who knows me personally, knows I have been through A LOT.

If Jim Kelly is taken from all of us, most importantly his young daughters and his beautiful loving wife...I am going to have a very hard time believing in "God." I already have a hard time believing in that stuff...but that will be the icing on the cake for me. (I know others firmly believe in their religion, and I accept that...but to me, "God" wouldn't do this kind of stuff to amazing people...who have done nothing but help those around them.)

Like Jimbo, my Father was relatively big in our community...having been a Marine in Vietnam, a Police officer, a security cop at the VA hospital, and the man who started little league baseball and the VFW in our hometown...everyone knew and loved him, like Jim.

And to this day, almost 6 years later...I still have not come to terms with the fact I will never see my hero again. :-(

Oh, my brother, your pain is radiant. I lost my mom to that horrible disease. She went 12 rounds with the big C! In '96 she was diagnosed with lung cancer, caught late and it had already metastasized and spread to her brain. She was given a few weeks to live. But, she did not accept that and leaned on her faith...she "beat it" and went into remission for several years. In 2011, it resurfaced in her pancreas and she succumbed.

My father, one of my hero’s, is going through a debilitating mental disease now, and inevitably will die too.

I can go on and on about the experiences in my life that would give me every reason to deny God...divorce, suicide, illness, death...unfortunately, it happens to us all. But, we're not alone in our suffering. God, too, has suffered. Right alongside us at times. But in the beginning, he proved that he was willing to suffer to save us. His only son, who lived a perfect life, was betrayed, humiliated, tortured and murdered. All just to save us from the evil that is present every day.

Jim Kelly is a shining example of a man who lived a life of privilege, excessive wealth, celebrity, and emptiness. He was blessed with talent, the love of a good woman, and the gift of fatherhood. Everything he had amounted to nothing. He lost his only son to a disease that strikes with the same odds as winning the lotto. But, God found him...healed him, and has used him as an example of His grace. Jim Kelly was a Christian, a servant of God, and he has lived out his love for God and others openly and in the public eye for several years now.

Part of the deal God made with us, after having sacrificed his son to save us, is that we have a choice as to whether or not we accept him or reject him. There are two forces at war, every day, in this world...good and evil. It's the Devil's job to get you to turn from God. Temptation, "bad things," et al., are tests of our faith.

If for nothing else, God gives you something to believe in...something much bigger than yourself. Is that not enough to provide hope? Is it not enough to hope to see both, your dad, and Jim Kelly someday in a place much better than this?

Sorry for the rant...and if I'm too preachy..but, I was once where you're at.

Edited by Armchair GM

I'm pretty sure all of us already know it's serious, simply from what we've seen and the fact that it reoccurred. Which is why all of us are sending well wishes, praying, sacrificing goats, whatever. Doesn't take a doctor, or a medical expert to get that.

In October of 2012, my wife was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. Today, she is cancer free, with about a 5% chance of recurrence.

I went from terrified to confident in the space of about a month.

Cancer is a strange, complex and frightening disease, but it can be overcome. Many people with Jim's form of cancer have beaten it.

We've all read and experienced the stories of people who have been declared terminal with cancer and survived.

I think we're beginning to turn the tide. One of the most exciting fields to be in right now is cancer research. Over the last 20 years, the cancer genome has been mapped and now it's starting to pay off.

When I spoke with the head of the pharmacy department at the breast cancer center where my wife was treated, he said that he believes we're less than ten years away from having "bullets" for various forms of cancer.

So even though this disease can in fact be a death sentence, it can also be something that is quite treatable.

When Jim's treatment team said that his cancer was treatable and curable, I believed them.

I'm pretty sure all of us already know it's serious, simply from what we've seen and the fact that it reoccurred. Which is why all of us are sending well wishes, praying, sacrificing goats, whatever. Doesn't take a doctor, or a medical expert to get that.

Exactly. All Jimbo needs right now is a positive mental attitude, which he appears to have, and tons of support, which he definitely has. The rest will take care of itself.

YoloinOhio -

I could sleep last night and wound up reading what the doctor wrote on the Texans board. It was very detailed and intelligently written. I don't want to think he is right. But I fear he is.

This is the impression got. He sounded genuinely concerned for Jim.

Tim-