What's Most Important in the 1st Round ?

Owen

What is the most important position to up grade with the 1st round pick...???

Bills need a upgrade at RT... To protect Manuel on pass plays... He gets hurt to easily with poor O-line play. Bills desperately need to keep Emanuel healthy this year or the fans will want a replacement next year.. A Quality OT is highly needed... Think, Mathews or Lewan in the first round...

Maybe a big WR/TE...is what the Bills need most in their opinion... Think, Watkins, Evans or Ebron in the first...

Now if you want a great defensive player who should be available... Think, Mosley .... Think of him as another Alonzo in the same backfield at the same time.. With the addition of Mosley the Bills defense could be in the top 10. The front 7 would be greatly improved and the Bills secondary even with the loss of Byrd is strong with our youth improving...

The Bills scouting department has improved over last year with the new personnel

What should the Bills do in the first round ?

I think you are looking for a long term very good player. I disagree that he has to be an immediate starter.

By the "immediate starter" rule, Green Bay should not have drafted Aaron Rodgers.

Different scenario. I took the topic to be entirely Bills-related. If you're a playoff team drafting late in the round it's a different set of priorities IMO.

Different scenario. I took the topic to be entirely Bills-related. If you're a playoff team drafting late in the round it's a different set of priorities IMO.

I still would not hold strictly to the need to start immediately. Some of these guys need some time at the pro level before they go on to good careers. Eric Moulds caught 20 and 29 passes his first 2 years in the league and he turned out to have a very good career.

I still would not hold strictly to the need to start immediately. Some of these guys need some time at the pro level before they go on to good careers. Eric Moulds caught 20 and 29 passes his first 2 years in the league and he turned out to have a very good career.

Under some circumstances I agree. I think this team needs immediate impact guys more than perhaps other teams do.

Can't wait for the day when our 1st round pick can't even dream of cracking the line-up.

GO BILLS!!!

You don't have to wait. Just take a shovel and dig up the Aaron Maybin memories that I'm assuming you, like me, buried down deep. B-)

Can't wait for the day when our 1st round pick can't even dream of cracking the line-up.

GO BILLS!!!

Maybin wasn't even good enough to play special teams.

As for what's most important it's taking Mike Evans if he's available.

Edited by Section242

1st rounder has to be a player who has a long term impact on the quality of your team and in any position outside QB, better be starting or playing a high % of snaps from day one. If you're first rounder isn't a starter on your team playing at a high level in season two, you blew it because there are plenty of 3rd and some fourth and fifth rounders who are doing that on other teams and could be doing it for you.

Now that being said, there are situations where you have to draft to a particular need, as the BBs did last year. They had to take the best QB available and get him at the most reasonable draft position. I applaud OBD for getting the QB they wanted and Kiko Alonso. Maybe "KneeJ" does't work out, but even if he washes out there is the chance that we get a stud linebacker in Buffalo for the next ten years, a guy who many GMs would probably take with a first round pick if they could do it over again… Just m2c….