2 - Roger Staubach (2 Superbowls)

3 - Jim Plunkett (2 Superbowls)

4 - Tony Dorsett

5 - Mike Garrett

6 - Desmond Howard

7 - Marcus Allen

8 - George Rogers

9 - Reggie Bush

Those aren't in order and obviously Reggie Bush had to give up his Heisman after the fact due to the cheating ways of USC, but who cares? Now if you had said there were only 2 Heisman trophy winners that were selected #1 in the draft to have won superbowls, you would be right and that would be Plunkett (with 2) and Hornung. That's a different stat though.

I said Heisman trophy winning "QBs", not Heisman trophy winners at all positions.

And Hornung is a stretch because he didn't play QB in the pros.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Kelly gets hurt. Greatest comeback in NFL history next. Kelly starts Super Bowl and we loose. It happens. Injurys are part of the game. Why do you all put the burden on the poor rookie. He got hurt. Get over it.

It would be easier to ignore if it had only been one injury, and only one knee.

I don't know. Why don't you tell me. Are they the same as Johnny Manziel's odds? Bear in mind, there have only been TWO Heisman Trophy winning QBs to win a SB.

If I had to guess, I'd say less than 3% of all players make the Hall of Fame.

GO BILLS!!!

And only 1 Heisman winning QB in the past 27 years of it being awarded to simply win a playoff game. Tim Tebow. JM's odds of winning a playoff game are not high. Edited by YoloinOhio

Very much off the EJ bandwagon.

EJ is just not very good at the thing that's most important in a QB -- Accuracy. He just doesn't have it, and I don't believe that you develop it in the league. You either have it or don't by now.

Someone earlier mentioned looking at the All-22 and seeing all the plays left out on the field. He just can't throw with any consistency and it's hard for me to understand how anyone can have faith in a QB that can't throw consistently.

EJ is just not very good at the thing that's most important in a QB -- Accuracy. He just doesn't have it, and I don't believe that you develop it in the league. You either have it or don't by now.

Someone earlier mentioned looking at the All-22 and seeing all the plays left out on the field. He just can't throw with any consistency and it's hard for me to understand how anyone can have faith in a QB that can't throw consistently.

At one point this past December, Colin Kaepernik completion percentage was 33rd in the league of 32 teams. He also admits to having to keep working on his accuracy. He's been pretty successful. I don't think "by now" you can tell anything defeinitive about a QB in the NFL. IMO, you are what you are by year 3. But it can happen later. Teams may or may not wait that long. St Louis going into year 5 and still developing Bradford. I think there is room for development in all aspects of a QB. Edited by YoloinOhio

Should you give him more than 10 rookie season games to determine consistency?

And only 1 Heisman winning QB in the past 27 years of it being awarded to simply win a playoff game. Tim Tebow. JM's odds of winning a playoff game are not high.

If you want to see the real correlation between Heisman winning QBs and their NFL careers, take a look at the last 10 college QBs to have done so. Now I don't want to take anything away from Cam Newton or RGIII, but I will leave you with one name:

Eric Crouch

Rhymes with ouch.

GO BILLS!!!

If you want to see the real correlation between Heisman winning QBs and their NFL careers, take a look at the last 10 college QBs to have done so. Now I don't want to take anything away from Cam Newton or RGIII, but I will leave you with one name:

Eric Crouch

Rhymes with ouch.

GO BILLS!!!

RG III stinks.

Best college football QB in history is likely Tim Tebow. I think that settles it. College success means nothing about future NFL success.

I think some mechanics can help accuracy in EJs case.

But i dont blame you for not having faith. The kid has a good ways to go in a number of aspects.

I recall the first touchdown he threw. I think he probably did the Fitzy scream. He wants to win very badly. Its on the coaches now to get him sorted and give him the surronding cast.

And this year i believe they are " all in " .

So we shall see...

Respectfully, No. His accuracy has been an identified problem since his college days. Either you can throw to the spot, or you can't. I don't believe he will ever do it consistently. Sometimes, I'm not surprised when I'm wrong; I will be completely shocked if we ever view EJ as a 'franchise'-type guy.

At one point this past December, Colin Kaepernik completion percentage was 33rd in the league of 32 teams. He also admits to having to keep working on his accuracy. He's been pretty successful. I don't think "by now" you can tell anything defeinitive about a QB in the NFL. IMO, you are what you are by year 3. But it can happen later. Teams may or may not wait that long. St Louis going into year 5 and still developing Bradford. I think there is room for development in all aspects of a QB.

I get what you're saying, I just don't see it with EJ. He seems like a guy who really tries hard and will do the right things, I just don't think he'll ever be very good.

I mean, honestly, how many times does he have to throw the ball out of bounds on a sideline go route before we just say, eh, maybe he doesn't have it?

Edited by jjamie12

Respectfully, No. His accuracy has been an identified problem since his college days. Either you can throw to the spot, or you can't. I don't believe he will ever do it consistently. Sometimes, I'm not surprised when I'm wrong; I will be completely shocked if we ever view EJ as a 'franchise'-type guy.

I get what you're saying, I just don't see it with EJ. He seems like a guy who really tries hard and will do the right things, I just don't think he'll ever be very good.

I mean, honestly, how many times does he have to throw the ball out of bounds on a sideline go route before we just say, eh, maybe he doesn't have it?

Yes this explains why his completion percentage was horrible in college (it wasnt) and the video provided (put your glasses on)

Your all caught up on the go routes he through out of bounds? You do realize that the HARDEST NFL is over the middle which he showed he could do both from the pocket AND on the run. If all we have to worry about is go routes going out of bounds then we are in good shape.

Look....it all stems from his footwork. He was so good in college that he NEVER had to fix his footwork and just relied on arm to get him by. Now he is going to be required to fix that part of his game.

It is not his physical limitations that are holding him back from being a pro bowler....it is bad tendencies that he needs to break.

Very fixable

1+1 > 1

Sorry, that's too simplistic. You used the term "odds" and, being the stickler for detail that I am, I want to know the specific odds for each player becoming both A.) A HOF QB and B.) A Superbowl winning QB.

It's ok, I'll wait.

GO BILLS!!!

Sorry, that's too simplistic. You used the term "odds" and, being the stickler for detail that I am, I want to know the specific odds for each player becoming both A.) A HOF QB and B.) A Superbowl winning QB.

It's ok, I'll wait.

GO BILLS!!!

It doesn't matter if the odds are a billion to one or 50 to 1. That's the point.

You can look at all the scouting reports you want. The same scouting reports that had Rodgers drop to 24. The same scouting reports that let Flacco fall to 18. And of course, Brady to the 6th round. Romo and Warner going undrafted. The difference between a winning QB in the NFL and a loser is pure dumb luck. Thus, taking another QB effectively doubles your chances of finding a winning QB. It doesn't matter if EJ is the best prospect ever, or Johnny is a glorified third rounder.

It's ok, I'll wait.

GO BILLS!!!

You asked, he answered. Drop it.

Much better prospect. There is no RGIII in this draft. These qbs are alot closer to last years draft than they are to Luck and Griffin III. Jury is still out on Griffin BTW. Injuries. Problems with his coach and him getting along. Wouldnt put him in canton just yet. Next years college QB class looks stronger. Id be all for moving up next year if EJ flames out. No QB in this draft class is worthy of giving up multiple # 1s for.

they took the #3 ranked player,(#2 QB) and still felt the need to draft another QB.

We got EJ.

You're argument actually supports my view, IMHO.

it's not like we ever saw any great accurate throws. More in the dirt, or out of bounds than threading any needles.

With most guys that were taken early, and succed you see streches of good play. With EJ, it was an occasional drive, after a few three and outs, followed by a couple more three and outs.