Did anyone hear the interview with FJ yesterday on NFL Radio?

Look he like Stevie is another buffalo 'feel good story', but even with him and Stevie this team can't put together a winning season. Both guys need to be upgraded position wise and thanked for their time here. Just the harsh reality of the NFL, feel good stories and top character guys or winning, you pick.

Fred Stays.

I'm with you on Stevie, and I'd like to add CJ to the 86 list. A trade for both would be Ideal, but unlikely. Stevie's more knucklehead than anything else, and when I compare CJ's numbers to Marshawn's (with Seattle) Frank Gore's and even Chris Johnson's, Spill comes up lame.

Freddie IS getting old. However, his work ethic alone is enough to keep him on the team. I'd like to grab a young RB to groom behind him. Ben Malena, and Jeremy Smith, come to mind. Could be just me, but I lose a little more sentimentality with each losing season. I'm ready for us to win! GO BILLS!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred is my all time fav Bill. All around complete back. Can catch run & block. He is a feel good story and that makes him even better. I hope he stays in B-lo when his playing days r done. He probably plays for 2 more years. He added muscle last year and was just as slippery. Great to have a 1-2 punch with FJ & Cj. I also think Dixon was a good addition to the back field and that will help in short yardage\goal line situation!

Fred is my all time fav Bill. All around complete back. Can catch run & block. He is a feel good story and that makes him even better. I hope he stays in B-lo when his playing days r done. He probably plays for 2 more years. He added muscle last year and was just as slippery. Great to have a 1-2 punch with FJ & Cj. I also think Dixon was a good addition to the back field and that will help in short yardage\goal line situation!

Then you must be very young.

Thurman Thomas could catch, run and block. He did it so well, there's a bust of him in Canton. Fred's good, but isn't in the same universe as the Thurmanimator.

Fred jackson is everything you would want in a football player, a teammate, the face/voice of your team, and as a team leader. Moreover, sports don't necessarily build character (they can, but it's not an automatic), but what they do is, reveal character: good and bad. And if what I see from Fred Jackson on the field is an indication, I would be willing to bet he is an outstanding husband, father, neighbor, and friend . . . the truly important issues of life.

Anyhow, yes, he will start to show his age, but I still believe he is one of the most important players on this team right now. And as long as he can still be productive, there is no need to reduce his role or even consider getting rid of him. He is a true professional, and he is a leader in every sense of the word, and as such, is still a very vital part of the Buffalo Bills.

Fred-X & Stevie are a big part of the heart & soul of this team! We need to swap out & upgrade players like Graham & stop the revolving door that let's our talented players go. My 2 biggest concerns this year are: 1) the schedule looks very challenging & 2) I really hope EJ can step it up a prove that he is our franchise QB of the NOW & future.

Fred jackson is everything you would want in a football player, a teammate, the face/voice of your team, and as a team leader. Moreover, sports don't necessarily build character (they can, but it's not an automatic), but what they do is, reveal character: good and bad. And if what I see from Fred Jackson on the field is an indication, I would be willing to bet he is an outstanding husband, father, neighbor, and friend . . . the truly important issues of life.

Anyhow, yes, he will start to show his age, but I still believe he is one of the most important players on this team right now. And as long as he can still be productive, there is no need to reduce his role or even consider getting rid of him. He is a true professional, and he is a leader in every sense of the word, and as such, is still a very vital part of the Buffalo Bills.

anyone that's been to St. John Fischer can tell yiu all those things are true of Fred. When the rest of the team is running to the locker room the minute practice is over, he is spending at least an hour playing with his kids on the field. Catch, running around, picking them up and running them down the field. If there's something hidden about Fred I would be extremely surprised. He seems like a perfect role model.

anyone that's been to St. John Fischer can tell yiu all those things are true of Fred. When the rest of the team is running to the locker room the minute practice is over, he is spending at least an hour playing with his kids on the field. Catch, running around, picking them up and running them down the field. If there's something hidden about Fred I would be extremely surprised. He seems like a perfect role model.

To me, it's one of the rare times where a professional athlete truly can be a role model to anyone - not just another athlete. Fred's story illustrates that those who work hardest for what they want appreciate what they have the most. Therefore, they continue to work hard in order to achieve continued success. All too often, athletes (in many sports; not just football) play for the contract. Then they play for the new contract. What they do in between, in my opinion, more clearly defines their character.

I'm not going to mention any other athletes' names, because this is Fred's thread.

He's the real deal, as far as I can see; on and off the field. And I'm happy as hell that he's a Bill.

You for that right Bud. I'd like to add on to that... That a few years ago I thought it was the worst idea to resign him. He was old and past his prime and would break down. Only some of that is correct. Maybe parts of all of it. But in the end, he's still very good and still gives this team, his team mates, this city, and the fans, everything he has left. It shows in the field every time he steps on it. His team mates see that. We see that. He is the leader of this team and that's unquestioned IMO. I truly hope this isn't his final year. I hope he stays for another 2. i was wrong a few years ago. I admit that. Without Fred, these last few years wouldn't have been as enjoyable.

Edited by mrags

You for that right Bud. I'd like to add on to that... That a few years ago I thought it was the worst idea to resign him. He was old and past his prime and would break down. Only some of that is correct. Maybe parts of all of it. But in the end, he's still very good and still gives this team, his team mates, this city, and the fans, everything he has left. It shows in the field every time he steps on it. His team mates see that. We see that. He is the leader of this team and that's unquestioned IMO. I truly hope this isn't his final year. I hope he stays for another 2. i was wrong a few years ago. I admit that. Without Fred, these last few years wouldn't have been as enjoyable.

Me, too, man. I was against re-signing him ... purely based on business. I've always loved the guy, but thought the money could have been better spent elsewhere. I was wrong and I'm glad to have been wrong. I would be very surprised if, 20 years down the road, he's not on most people's "Favorite Bills of All Time" list.

^^^Absolutely....couldn't agree more.

Me, too, man. I was against re-signing him ... purely based on business. I've always loved the guy, but thought the money could have been better spent elsewhere. I was wrong and I'm glad to have been wrong. I would be very surprised if, 20 years down the road, he's not on most people's "Favorite Bills of All Time" list.

agree 100%. Unfortunately I'm not sure he'll be on that list because of wen he played. The winning records of the teams he was on. He may be forgotten. Unless we start making the playoffs this year and we resign him and he's part of getting us back to the promised land.

But yes, he should be on that list. By the time he's done he'll be top 3 in yards, and hopefully mounted to the WOF.

Spiller nor Fred can stay on the field. We need a younger, bigger back that can stay somewhat durable and be on the field 25 plays a game

Yeah our running game is really our problem. Both those guys suck. Great idea. I mean we were only 2nd in the NFL in rushing last year.

Yeah our running game is really our problem. Both those guys suck. Great idea. I mean we were only 2nd in the NFL in rushing last year.

while I share your sarcasm. I don't discount the need for another RB. The way both of these guys play and their history with injuries, I see RB as a need by the 4th round.

while I share your sarcasm. I don't discount the need for another RB. The way both of these guys play and their history with injuries, I see RB as a need by the 4th round.

Hmmmm. I was thinking we'd get an undrafted rookie or two in camp and see if they pan out this year and then draft one next year when we know whats happening with CJ. If we dont extend him we might burn a high pick on a runner.

Not sure why but I feel like we're going to let CJ walk when his contract is up. I love the guy but......

Hmmmm. I was thinking we'd get an undrafted rookie or two in camp and see if they pan out this year and then draft one next year when we know whats happening with CJ. If we dont extend him we might burn a high pick on a runner.

Not sure why but I feel like we're going to let CJ walk when his contract is up. I love the guy but......

i am also confident we let CJ walk when he's up. Maybe they take up the option for the additional year but I doubt it.

In general though, it's not a good strategy for aging running backs to add weight. Maybe Freddy will be the exception but it concerns me.

This guy defines the word "exception". He's the Kurt Warner of RBs.

agree 100%. Unfortunately I'm not sure he'll be on that list because of wen he played. The winning records of the teams he was on. He may be forgotten. Unless we start making the playoffs this year and we resign him and he's part of getting us back to the promised land.

But yes, he should be on that list. By the time he's done he'll be top 3 in yards, and hopefully mounted to the WOF.

Agree with all of this. Fred is one of my all time favorites. I will always associate Fred with falling forward. My favorite Fred plays are when he appears to be stopped a yard or two short but keeps driving for the 1st when the defender thinks the play is over. Or when he cuts upfield at the last second and blasts the defender when they think he'll just step out of bounds. Effort plays out of a guy who has built a great career out of effort. He might not have had the athletic gifts of a lot of backs, but he certainly made up for it and continues to make up for it with heart and effort.

I actually feel the same way about Kyle too. Another Bill who will probably not be viewed as highly years from now because of the lack of success when he was here. Once again, a guy that absolutely maximized his talent. I want nothing more than for our franchise to turn it around, but guys like these two make it easier to be a fan during the losing years.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

It is not going to break the bank to sign CJ. The market for RB's seems to lessen every year where now the good ones are being signed in the 3M to 4M area.

I think the Bills take a legit RB prospect in this year's draft.

Then you must be very young.

Thurman Thomas could catch, run and block. He did it so well, there's a bust of him in Canton. Fred's good, but isn't in the same universe as the Thurmanimator.

I don't think saying FJ is your favorite Bill of all time has any bearing on Thurman. Freddie's "likeability" index is higher than Thurman's for me too, even though Thurman was pound for pound the best overall back for a period of time (IMO).

& you still refuse to listen to me! :lol:

you too