Who Don't You Want at 9?

LB3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion? No.

I also think it's worth putting the word out that they LOVE Donald, to entice someone like Chicago or Dallas to move up in front of us and get him...

Yep, 9 is definitely not too high for Aaron Donald. He could even be gone before us. If Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Robinson, Matthews and Evans are gone (My top-6 players), I'm all about taking Aaron Donald at #9 if he is there.. He's the 7th best player in the draft to me. Our defensive line would be NASTY.

Yep, 9 is definitely not too high for Aaron Donald. He could even be gone before us. If Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Robinson, Matthews and Evans are gone (My top-6 players), I'm all about taking Aaron Donald at #9 if he is there.. He's the 7th best player in the draft to me. Our defensive line would be NASTY.

Agreed

I like Donald as a player quite a bit. I am not sure that I like Donald for the Bills. He is in that Dareus, Kyle Williams mold. That's a good thing but the Bills already have 2 Pro Bowlers filling that role. I wish that there was a 4-3 DE with his level if talent because that would fill a need.

I like Donald as a player quite a bit. I am not sure that I like Donald for the Bills. He is in that Dareus, Kyle Williams mold. That's a good thing but the Bills already have 2 Pro Bowlers filling that role. I wish that there was a 4-3 DE with his level if talent because that would fill a need.

See, that's where I would be unhappy with the pick at 9. I get BPA and all but if they can combine with an immediate contributor, hopefully one that can help the QB, I would rather see that. Or a freak versatile guy like Mack or Clowney. But they won't be there... just saying a DT at 9 is mehhhh.

There are a lot of threads on here discussing who we should take at 9. This thread will be about who you DON'T want to see taken at 9 that could actually be an option for us. Basically, who is most likely to make you scream WTF when our pick is announced?

My WTF pick would be Ha Ha Clinton Dix. If we let go of one of the best safeties in the league only to reach for a safety at 9, I will likely throw my pint glass at the TV.

Second would be Manziel. I'm just not a believer.

Wrong on Manziel but, I said that about Russell Wilson and I got nothing but hate. Please remember to re-post this after Johnny Football wins rookie of the year.

Wrong on Manziel but, I said that about Russell Wilson and I got nothing but hate. Please remember to re-post this after Johnny Football wins rookie of the year.

I've been a huge Russell Wilson fan since NC State and IMO he was a much better prospect than JF.

Don't worry, I'll certainly repost this if one of the these scenarios occurs:

1. He wins ROY.

2. He has his legs broken after ignoring his first two reads while trying to make the big backyard football play.

3. He melts down when they're on a losing streak.

I think the odds of each is probably the same at this point. Time will tell.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

The thing with Aaron Donald is he's not limited to DT, he played all over the Pitt Dline , He has the same 40 time as Elvis Dumervil (4.68) and a faster 10 yard split 1.59 as compared to 1.65, In his highlights you see a couple great pass rushes from the outside and he's pretty stout as a run defender from the outside- I could see the Bills using him as a RDE on running downs and kicking him inside on some passing downs with Hughes playing RDE- in a couple years he'd eventually take over from KW.

I started this same thread 2 weeks before the Dareus draft. Because I didnt want Cam.

Today, I dont want OT Lewan. I just dont want the 3rd best of anything in the 9 hole. Including QB.

I agree about Lewan, just not for the reasons most people are saying. I am alright with getting an elite tackle prospect and keeping them on the right side, but they really should be staying there for a while. RT can get away with being a little bigger and more raw than the LT (a big reason people kept thinking Glenn should go there) so if you're not getting "elite" I can settle for "very solid" in rounds 2-3.

Oh, and this...

1. Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 1m

Tweeted this about a week ago, but Aaron Donald to #Bills in Round 1 isn't *that* crazy, IMO. Donald is essentially Kyle Williams 2.0.

*Twitch*

The thing with Aaron Donald is he's not limited to DT, he played all over the Pitt Dline , He has the same 40 time as Elvis Dumervil (4.68) and a faster 10 yard split 1.59 as compared to 1.65, In his highlights you see a couple great pass rushes from the outside and he's pretty stout as a run defender from the outside- I could see the Bills using him as a RDE on running downs and kicking him inside on some passing downs with Hughes playing RDE- in a couple years he'd eventually take over from KW.

And untwitch. I wouldn't want him at nine, but if the Bills traded back for a second or third round pick it may be a nice pickup.

I would not want any Defensive player at #9 unless his name is Clowney or Mack...

I'm also still not crazy about Lewan's off-field stuff...But I do think he would make a great addition to the O-line as a player... B-)

I'm a Michigan fan...And I'm not a huge supporter of Lewan because of the off-the-field stuff...I will say though that there is the belief among some that he will eventually be a better NFL player than Matthews...He is considered an elite prospect as an OT...You're not getting a 3rd best...You're more getting a guy that's tied for 2nd, with potentially a better upside than the guy he's tied with...You're getting an absolute elite athlete for the position...He's top notch athletically...But you're also getting a guy with off-field questions NFL teams have to be comfortable he's answered... B-)

As a UM fan, did you notice Lewan always had TE help on his side? He was clearly the best OL they had and it didn't make sense. Actually, their whole offense didn't make sense until the played the Harlem Globetrotters in the last game, I know the OC got fired but it seemed weird how you can watch Lewan play and really not know how good he is. Personally, I'm not a fan, but I think it is more his off the field stuff and personality.

Count me out for CJ Mosley, Clinton-Dix. Really anyone else of the guys that are universally talked about is fine. Nothing against Alabama either. I don't think Mosley is special enough to be a top 10 pick. I think comparable players can be had later and it's not a huge need. Dix would just irritate me because of the whole Byrd situation. If they don't think that a combination of Searcy, Williams, Meeks, and Graham can get it done then they should have made a bigger push at a mid-range free agent like Delmas or something. I just hate letting a good FA go only to replace the guy with a first round pick. I suppose it's one thing to do if you're a playoff team but not when you're building like us.

we're screwed if th QBs fall and we cant trade out of Nine.

I am starting to stress out .

At nine

i loathe Ebron and Lewan. i dont evn want them on the team.

Then we got the "maybe LBers . A safety , a corner or two (oh god save me ).

I forgot my point .

First time for me folks , but i feel it. and here it is.....

DOOOMED

ps pleeez make 3 or even better 4 QBs go away by the ninth pick . Pleeeeez !

i better start looking at rounds two and three for solace and salvaging my sanity

At nine

I forgot my point .

DOOOMED

i better start looking at rounds two and three for solace and salvaging my sanity

:lol: Posts like this are why I started this thread. It seems like every year I await certain picks with white knuckles. Last year, I was terrified of us taking Manti "Catfish" Te'o.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

:lol: Posts like this are why I started this thread. It seems like every year I await certain picks with white knuckles. Last year, I was terrified of us taking Manti "Catfish" Te'o.

I recall that clearly .geebus. That was brutal. Knowing we needed linebackers badly and the Bills history in the draft. and then the Angels noticed the Bills for like the first time ever and gave us Kiko .

Nine is precarious if the QBs dont go. 8 would be fine. Its a Buffalo thing i guess .

Edited by 3rdand12

At nine

I forgot my point .

DOOOMED

Please update your sig.