If We Pass on Ebron .... We Will Regret it

3tds Some big red zone threat. If he was,he`d have more. C`mon make something up,I have heard it all. 3tds in college,more in the pro level. Not buying him and his blazing 4.65. Like one of the bills scouts said. Who was the seahawks te ? . Real difference maker. You don`t need a super te to get to the super bowl. Did Gonzales win any with the chefs or Falcons. We need better lineman and wr that seperate. The biggest thing is the QB play.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not count on success through replicating Seattle's offense unless you also are able to replicate Seattle's defense and steal their coaching staff. Seattle didn;t win the SB because of their offense. Their D outscored Denver. Trying to upgrade the TE position to replicate the more successful offenses in the league will help EJ - as you said, the biggest thing is QB play. I believe our OL "issues" are kind of overrated. I think we have a good OL already. LG has been improved through FA. I think they'll add pieces in the draft. They don't need a OT in the top 10. They need a playmaking TE who can also line up at WR. EJ looked to Chandler a TON last year - he made some nice plays here and there but he isn't the athletic TE that can consistently take advantage of mismatches. He will open things up for the WRs and make them better. You are looking at his speed and TDs last year and worried he isn't what the scouts say he is... but they have 40-50% more info on him - through film study, research, workouts, interviews, practices.. than any of us and they think he is a top 15 talent in the draft.

The Bills are concerned about winning the division or getting a WC berth and everything they are doing with the roster points to this.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Bills could use a guy who has more athletic ability than Scott Chandler.

Buffalo has said , more than once they think they might have that on the roster already. Maybe they do. Bills also said unproven .

Gragg and Moeaki might be the upgrade to run downfield and give defenses a pause. We dont know that .

If Buffalo uses the #9 on someone , that someone better be plug and play , balanced and little to no risk .

I think Ebron has risk . Someone will pick him up by 15 or so i guess . I would take Evans before Ebron.

No hate on the guy

I just dont think the Bills feel TE is a need yet

Bills could use a guy who has more athletic ability than Scott Chandler.

Buffalo has said , more than once they think they might have that on the roster already. Maybe they do. Bills also said unproven .

Gragg and Moeaki might be the upgrade to run downfield and give defenses a pause. We dont know that .

If Buffalo uses the #9 on someone , that someone better be plug and play , balanced and little to no risk .

I think Ebron has risk . Someone will pick him up by 15 or so i guess . I would take Evans before Ebron.

No hate on the guy

I just dont think the Bills feel TE is a need yet

I am not sure if Ebron will be or should be the guy but I would definitely expect a TE. They brought in a bunch of the top guys for visits. in addition, they only resigned Chandler after letting him test the market and getting him for a team friendly deal. If they really were that happy with what they had at the position they wouldn't have or Chandler see what else is out there. I think that they are okay with the group that they have but certainly not enamored with them.

I am not sure if Ebron will be or should be the guy but I would definitely expect a TE. They brought in a bunch of the top guys for visits. in addition, they only resigned Chandler after letting him test the market and getting him for a team friendly deal. If they really were that happy with what they had at the position they wouldn't have or Chandler see what else is out there. I think that they are okay with the group that they have but certainly not enamored with them.

As i mentioned Kirby. The current staff of Caussin Gragg and Moeaki are unproven. But ithink the Bils know what they have mostly in potential.

Iam guessing they dont feel the need. But if Amaro is there when they pick i exepct them to pick him .

I as looking at a mock and no TE was in it. I thought maybe to mention the lacking. But then i thought , maybe Tony is going to be that athletic guy in the TE dept. Cant argue with you on either point though

.....safer than Ebron...at least 8....but..it's still a crap shoot

Yeah, it's tough to say. But guys like Aaron Curry & Robert Gallery were safe. Personally, I would never draft a player because they were safe. Ebron could be a bust or he could be a weapon this team hasn't had on their team, possibly ever.

I'm just sick of watching teams exploit mismatches against us. I'd be nice to be a team

with a guy who is a mismatch for once.

I think the bills probably like Ebron....but I bet its in a trade down

Would not shock me at all to see them go a different direction then we are all thinking......

The 9th pick in a draft needs to be a immediate VERY good player

Would you take 40 catches & 5 tds with a ton of upside? I would.

I know it's BR...but I love this mock...https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&ved=0CHoQFjAK&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F2040719-2014-nfl-mock-draft-a-first-round-blueprint-for-every-team&ei=1zVcU-vzMvDesASh-oHwDA&usg=AFQjCNFckeLwCIc-Ly0boknzMxjZl8WWww&sig2=O13q6QIFrOVEh7mPYRBLLg&bvm=bv.65397613,d.cWc&cad=rja

Yeah and a lot of them are wrong also. Including ours Losman,Mike Williams ,Maybin, Flowers, maybe EJ maybe. Ebron is a weak blocker and has a 11% drop rate. 3 tds says to me he is Not a red zone threat.

Sure the NFL scouts get picks wrong. But my point is that they are looking way beyond college production and stats. That is one factor of course - but it is mainly about how the player translates to the NFL and, more specifically,. a team's system. Ebron seems to be a consensus top 15 pick based on what I have seen. The #1 rated TE in the draft on every big board and mock out there. The comparison is almost always Vernon Davis. Would you take Vernon Davis on this offense? He had only 9 TDs in 3 years at MD. In college, the offenses are not as sophisticated as they are in the NFL and they don't always use the TE like they do in the NFL. Pro style offenses like Notre Dame churn out TEs because they do use the position similarly. You don't see a ton of red zone TDs for TEs in college either. NFL HCs and OCs covet a player like this because he is a threat not only in the red zone but down the middle of the field. And as a red zone "threat" that doesn't just mean that he has to be the one to catch the TD. It means he has to be a threat to catch a TD so much the defense has to account for him and EJ can throw it a wide open Stevie/MW/Woods/etc. If they don't account for him, he can beat you. This type of TE provides a ton of versatility for what an offense can draw up. Regardless of # of TDs he has 1000 yards as a TE is pretty amazing.. I completely understand he needs to work on his blocking and has some concentration drops. I believe these things can be developed - he's 21 and raw. he cant still make an impact immediately because of the extra dimension he adds. I won't mind if they take Evans (my favorite player in the draft but don't think he'll be there) or pass on Ebron and take a TE in the 2nd or 3rd because that means the Bills think a different player is a better fit for what they want to do, and they certainly know more than I. But the TE position seems to be a low bust rate for a position in the 1st rd over recent years.

Tyler Eifert - Jermain Gresham - Brandon Pettigrew - Dustin Keller - Vernon Davis - Heath Miller - Dallas Clark - Mercedes Lewis - Kellen Winslow - Greg Olson - Ben Watson - Jeremy Shockey

Mike Evans in round #1...Austin Seferian-Jenkins in round #2.

(OR)

Eric Ebron in round #1...Kelvin Benjamin in round #2.

Those are my dream scenarios...I don't care what they do after that and moving forward...just get one of those duos.

Mike Evans in round #1...Austin Seferian-Jenkins in round #2.

(OR)

Eric Ebron in round #1...Kelvin Benjamin in round #2.

Those are my dream scenarios...I don't care what they do after that and moving forward...just get one of those duos.

The Jets and Pats want all of these guys too, and I hope they don't get any of them!