The Next Russel Wilson Is ??

I was all on board 2 years ago when Russel Wilson came out for the Bills to pick him up . With the gaudy numbers he put up as a college player i just thought how can a guy that puts up these kind of numbers not be a good NFL QB ?

The rest is Russel Wilson history & i will try to not hurt my self patting me on the back !

I have the exact same feeling about a guy that has a quick release, which i didn't realize how quick until i saw some tape of him playing .

Jimmy Garapollo put up the gaudy numbers like Wilson did in his college career & reminds my of the type of quick release that Marino had . I think this guy is one that has the IT factor .

I would like to officially say that this guy will be up there in a couple of years as a Pro Bowl QB & in his recent future (as long as put on the right team & coach) in a SB sooner rather than later .

The guy just gets it , has all the tools & as long as you don't par him up like the Bills did back in the day with a coach/player relationship like Mularkey/JP, where from one minute to the next the kid didn't have the confidence of the coach & staff behind him to develop him i think this guy will be the next WIlson/Marino or better .

I know you all ill give me your opinions which hey isn't that what this is all about ? But i can handle the harsh reality of what it is to be a Bills fan on this site .

OH & i will go one further , if this guy happens to fall to the Bills in a later round (what ever your personal interpretation of that might be seeing as i got crucified for referring to the 3rd round as being a later round)

Then the Bills would be totally foolish to pass on this guy because if they do & EJ doesn't happen to work out as they are banking on then they will again sit back & be able to say will if only we had taken this guy or at least the fans can .

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Props for the Wilson love before the draft. If only Buddy shared your scouting ability.

As for Garopollo, I would be careful in comparing him to Wilson too closely. WIlson excelled at 2 DIv 1A schools and is a much better athlete with a stronger arm than the kid from Eat Illinois, who really didn't face the same competition as Wilson in college.

It'll be a while before a rookie torches his first training camp, thoroughly memorizes the playbook and outplays all other QB's in camp--so much so, that he forces the head coach to give him the starting job over a high priced free agent.

That may never happen again.

Thanks Buddy!!

Aaron Murray is my guess. I always kind of liked him but he REALLY impressed me last year. He is a gamer that is tough as nails.

im all on for Murray. I think if you give him the Aaron Rodgers development plan in 2 years he could be a franchise QB.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Garappolo all the way. Dripping with the same IT factor that Russell W had and everyone and their Mother could see (Natually needing a QB, we opted for a smurf WR bust, but that's beside the point). Kid seems like the type to take nothing for granted, outwork everyone ahead of him and raise his game to the pro level as a rookie.

book it!

I'm gonna go ahead and assume none of you have ever seen garappolo play.

I know I haven't and I watch college football often.

Props to any of you who have watched more than 1 Eastern Illinois game. Do they come on espn6 ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Tajh Boyd would be a guy i'd take a flyer on late. If he came out last year I think he would've went a few rounds higher. At the very least for the Bills I'd like to see somebody brought in to compete with Tuel/Lewis.

With all the grief given to Tuel about his out put in his FIRST official start as a NFL QB the Bills fans have all but put him out to pasture so what's the sense of keeping him ?

If they feel that way & apparently the Bills coaching staff must feel pretty close to the same way as they dropped him to the 3rd QB & brought in Lewis it's all but over so get rid of him & bring in another QB like Boyd , which i think is another VERY good QB after what i saw him do 2 years ago in is bowl game .

But with the amount of talent at the QB position this year if we don't bring in another i think it will be a foolish move to not have a solid back up plan & who they have i don't think is a solid back up plan if EJ goes down again ...