Trading back

Jmlski7

Does today's trade give the Bills more of an option to trade back and add depth to their picks? They now have a big receiver with their 6th pick to adress a "need" and they now can trade back and add an additional second?

Does today's trade give the Bills more of an option to trade back and add depth to their picks? They now have a big receiver with their 6th pick to adress a "need" and they now can trade back and add an additional second?

I think the opposite. It is looking more and more likely to me that they are going to try to hit a home run in the draft. The depth of the draft means that the cost to go up will be less than in most years. In addition, it's been leaked that the Bills and Texans have spoken. My best guess is that the Bills go up and get one of those top 4 players (Robinson, Mack, Clowney or Watkins). The Bills have addressed depth pretty much everywhere but OL. They will be looking for quality over quantity IMO.

I think the opposite. It is looking more and more likely to me that they are going to try to hit a home run in the draft. The depth of the draft means that the cost to go up will be less than in most years. In addition, it's been leaked that the Bills and Texans have spoken. My best guess is that the Bills go up and get one of those top 4 players (Robinson, Mack, Clowney or Watkins). The Bills have addressed depth pretty much everywhere but OL. They will be looking for quality over quantity IMO.

I doubt a trade up will happen, but this scenario becomes more likely now. I'm starting to think they really, really like Mack.

I believe the FO believes in their drafting ability and has the mindset of, the more picks the better... Trade up is doubtful IMO. Trade down is more likely but I'm also content at just picking at #9.

My wish would be obviously trade down and hopefully land Ebron with the 1st pick and OL with the second. The 2nd second round pick should either be safety or another OL. No need for that "big WR" if we land Ebron. We all know what great TEs mean for a team's depth at WR. You don't "need" a stud WR. You just need playmakers and I believe we have that in Johnson, Woods, Williams and Goodwin. Nomore lining up running backs as WRs. Let them RUN.

This is a reach! But based on trading for Williams and talking about trading for Chris Johnson. I really think we are going to take a run a CJ2K as a FA. By getting Williams and if we get CJ2K that gives us the ultimate flexibility!! I say we are trying to trade Spiller for trading up or gaining more picks. I think it is a deep draft as others do. So, by gaining Williams and possibly trading Spiller....I think we are trying to trade back from #9 for more picks AND trading Spiller for more picks! The real nice thing to me is Whaley and the Bills have a plan, evaluations, a board of ALL players, not just the players in the draft and are looking to get better for the entire roster!

Go Bills !!

I will be very disappointed if a tackle is taken anywhere in the top 10 by the Bills as there are no stud left tackles in this draft. I know we have a LT, and don't believe we should reach for a RT. I would be happy with Clowney, the next Bruce Smith.

What are you talking about. Matthews and Robinson are studs. I would pick at 9 if any of Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews or Watkins are left. If not trade back and get extra picks.

Hi, welcome to the board.

I would think that since most draft analysts are saying that this is a very deep draft loaded with talent, and IMO the smart thing to do is trade outta #9 while picking up some extra picks.

While the Bills FO is trending towards Buffalo natives I would think that trading up for Khalil Mack is a possibility. Although, I can't see any team with a brain trading up to #1 and not drafting Clowney.

All this talk of trades, I gotta wonder if the FO is looking to dump CJ or Stevie for more picks.

Hi, welcome to the board.

I would think that since most draft analysts are saying that this is a very deep draft loaded with talent, and IMO the smart thing to do is trade outta #9 while picking up some extra picks.

While the Bills FO is trending towards Buffalo natives I would think that trading up for Khalil Mack is a possibility. Although, I can't see any team with a brain trading up to #1 and not drafting Clowney.

All this talk of trades, I gotta wonder if the FO is looking to dump CJ or Stevie for more picks.

I'm with you on this. Don't you just kind of get the sense that the Bills are trying to hit a home run? They seem to be involved in everything right now (for better or worse). Mack may very well be the target if they can get somewhere between 3-6.

I doubt a trade up will happen, but this scenario becomes more likely now. I'm starting to think they really, really like Mack.

I know they like Mack, but they also want to add as many talented football players on the roster to compete for a spot on the team therefore I don't see them moving up. Moving back may be an option but with all the FA and off season wheeling and dealings a player may slide because teams may have to draft for need as opposed to BPA. Take Tampa for instance, they may have to draft a Watkins or Evans instead of Mack because they have no other WR opposite Vincent Jackson.

What are you talking about. Matthews and Robinson are studs. I would pick at 9 if any of Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews or Watkins are left. If not trade back and get extra picks.

I would add Lewan to that list of "top tier" OT's with Robinson and Matthews. I'd be happy with any of them at #9.

If it's Mack they want, do what it takes OBD. Once in a lifetime will a UB player be in such a position to lift the team…it just seems right the Bills get him. I like the thought of a team full of Buffalo-connected players! F-ck all the imported scene seeking diva's that don't understand B-lo, need a big nightlife and all the trimmings of a Miami, NYC to make them feel like stars. Love it or LEAVE. Now….how do we get Gronk back home…... B-)

Mack means we are going 3-4. Who knows if Schwartz wants to run that defense. It would make sense in we have Lawson and Hughes as well. If we do go back to 4-3, he's not big enough to be a DE. If we move up it's Clowny. If we still had Pettine, I bet they take Mack. With Schwartz, he's salivating over Clowney. Clowney will play hard as he wants that second contract for 13 mil a year. Can you imagine Clowney and M Williams on each side.

Now that we plugged other holes, I say yes. Do it and hope we are a top 2-3 defense in the NFL with more than 57 sacks. Can you imagine Clowney and Super Mario each having 15+ sacks this year.

Take a RT in the second and a TE in the 3rd. G in thE 4th and whoo whoo.

I will be very disappointed if a tackle is taken anywhere in the top 10 by the Bills as there are no stud left tackles in this draft. I know we have a LT, and don't believe we should reach for a RT. I would be happy with Clowney, the next Bruce Smith.

What? :huh:

Now...I agree the Bills already have a LT and he's not moving...But there are 3 LT prospects in this Draft that are considered elite...All three have higher grades than the OT prospect that went #1 overall last year...

Also...Clowney's never going to fall to the Bills, and it's ultra-doubtful the Bills trade up to get him... And the next Bruce? No offense, but I don't understand why people say these things...So this kid, who has never played a single down in the NFL and at times completely disappeared in College, is the next Bruce?...The same Bruce who is unquestionably one of the top 5 DE's in the entire history of the NFL...Why do that to the kid? That type of expectation is unfair IMHO...If he's the next Robert Quinn that is pretty darn good...But the next Bruce? We'll see...I have no problem predicting he's not the next Bruce Smith, or Lawrence Taylor...Because the odds I'm right about that are massively in my favor...Let's wait and see...Clowney is clearly worthy of the #1 overall pick...That in itself is a great accomplishment for him...After a few years in the NFL we'll see who he compares to...I still doubt it will be Bruce...But maybe...Again...we'll see... B-)

I prefer trading down but if they go all in for Clowney I won't be upset. They have a hole at 4-3 DE and he is the best player in the draft. Almost any scenario is ok at this point. OL or TE at 9. Trade down and get more picks and take BA OL, TE, LB, DE, and DB.

Gun to my head, I trade up and get Clowney if all it costs me is next years first, this years second. My ideal trade would be next years first and Spiller to move up the 8 spots, and keep the second. Sign Chris Johnson in FA and use the second on TE.

I'm with you on this. Don't you just kind of get the sense that the Bills are trying to hit a home run? They seem to be involved in everything right now (for better or worse). Mack may very well be the target if they can get somewhere between 3-6.

With the team ownership question now on the clock, it's not hard to imagine a new sense of urgency is full throttle.

Welcome aboard !

Fair question .

I would agree that the Bills has maneuvered well so far to give them some freedom in the draft.

At nine i think whoever falls to us "excepting QB " is going to be solid .